PDA

View Full Version : Saturday 1 hour sketch

drwells
05-12-2003, 07:19 PM
Hi! Surprise. ANOTHER tree, sorry. 5"x5" bristol 005 micron

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-May-2003/8954-twist.jpg

MonicaB
05-12-2003, 07:26 PM
Not ANOTHER Danny tree! ;) ;) ;) (Just kidding, of course!)

Hey, this one isn't nekkid! At least, not all the way. This is awesome. It's got a very delicate, lacy feel to it, almost Chinese. Have you ever tried Chinese brush painting?

Jakeally
05-13-2003, 05:39 AM
This is just lovely Danny.... I agree with Monica it does have a Chinese feel about it.... a nice symmetry too.
Only 1 hour to draw this....WOW you are getting fast:D

rapolina
05-13-2003, 09:23 AM
wow! two branches in love! ;)
i like it!

ciao, rapolina.

artdude
05-13-2003, 10:46 AM
Looks GREAT Danny!!! I would call this one "The Embrace" :D:) Never knew anyone could be so creative with trees. Keep em' comming!!! :D

:clap: :clap: :clap:

BTDogMom
05-13-2003, 11:34 AM
Danny - I love your trees - but I REALLY love this 1 - it's giving itself a hug - I love it :D :D U r 1 tree makin' mother "shut yo mouth" - :clap: :clap: :clap:

mel-ink
05-13-2003, 01:20 PM
I would call this one "The Embrace

I'll second that!! Sheesh, an hour?? Pretty awesome for just an hour!! Do you prefer the Microns over the tech pen for sketching? They sure work well for you!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

els
05-13-2003, 01:46 PM
One hour??? Very good...

Oldthumbs
05-13-2003, 03:18 PM
A fine tree. Decided to do something a little more reasonable, size-wise that is? :)

Is it just me, or does anyone else see Dr. Suess in this? (Not the author, just the style.)

=Ray

Dave.t
05-13-2003, 05:21 PM
Nice one Danny...I find it has a pleasing tranquil feel to it and definitely oriental.
Keep them coming.:)

drwells
05-13-2003, 06:36 PM
Thanks you guys, you are all AWESOME! :)

This should give you an idea on how weird I am. This past Saturday we were coming back from somewhere (can't remember where) and I said I felt like eating a hamburger. Leodra said great but asked if we could swing by the drug store so she could pick up some tissue paper..(she's got a cold) So, we dropped off Leodra and the kidz and I circled the parking lot. Well, the parking lot had these mesquite trees throughout it and they were totally pruned up...reminded me of the Lion King or the Serengeti. LOL...Went to the restaurant pulled out the sketch pad and came up with this.

It's got a very delicate, lacy feel to it, almost Chinese. Have you ever tried Chinese brush painting?

Thanks Monica, I've drawn a tree with my Chinese brush. I don't know if I would call it painting. :)

a nice symmetry too.Only 1 hour to draw this....WOW you are getting fast

Chris! Symmetry...wow, didn't even try to do that. Fast, nah. I can always draw in line fast. It's those damn dotz that take FOREVER. ;)

two branches in love!
&
"The Embrace"
Rapolina and Murray, I like that a lot.

Jamie, you are so funny :D Don't ever change. :)

Mel, I haven't sketched with the Rapidographs much. I like the Microns cuz they are handy. Going to try to buy another .13 rapidograph to keep in my bag. I'm really starting to lean towards them more and more. I just like the smaller lines and the consistancy.

Els, LOL yes, an hour...he he he. I can draw trees that fast cuz that is all I seem to draw.......

Ray! Dr Suess!! LMAO don't I need some funky colors or something. :) and Reasonable..Ha Me! LOL...Wife wouldn't let me drag the treehouse into the Denny's (restaurant) :P

Dave, thank you! I'll keep torturing you guys with them until you finally tell me to stop or I run out of trees. :D

d

jjsangel
05-15-2003, 02:57 PM
No don't stop. I love your trees. You do, do them so fast. This one has a nice look to it. Drawing in parking lots now, huh. LOL I scribble out ideas in reastaurants sometimes. Have to keep paper in case an idea pops into my head cause if I don't write it down, it leaves my head and never returns. I guess it gets lost in all that emptiness...hehehe...........:D

Pep
05-15-2003, 04:07 PM
Itīs really cool;)

drwells
05-15-2003, 08:52 PM
write it down, it leaves my head and never returns. I guess it gets lost in all that emptiness...hehehe

I feel your pain sister, I really do. :)

Pep! Thanks!

Danny

prairie painter
05-15-2003, 10:54 PM
My first impression was an embrace, too.
I can't tell you how nice it is to hear of someone else who uses the fine tip microns- my favorite pen!
If you start to run out of trees (shouldn't take long in AZ) drag your family for a vacation up here to Washington- we gots plenty! (and all those former Enron and .com folks now working at Denney's could use the tourist tips!:rolleyes: )

kare
05-15-2003, 10:55 PM
Danny.. this is amazing! how long ago did you begin drawing in ink? i bought plenty of thick and thin pen nibs today.. i can't wait to go home for the weekend and try all of them out :D

this tree looks a bit like a bonzai.

drwells
05-16-2003, 12:26 AM
Thanks Mary and Ciarrai!

Oh Mary, I love Washington I'm so jealous!! Gawd, it was 100 degrees today...LOL been here my whole life but still.... My aunt and uncle live on Bainbridge(SP) Island. I remember going there as a preteen and totally loving the trees. I think there and my uncles dairy in Virginia are two of my biggest influences.

Ciarrai,

Hmm, how long, honestly, I did some pen and ink in college when I was 18 -19, quit when I quit school and just picked them up again less than a year ago..I'm 32 now (never stopped doodling with my work pens though)

Bonzai, yeah, I like that. :)

Danny

sassybird
05-16-2003, 09:05 PM
A definite chinese feel to this. Danny, I think it is time that we put you in a glass room surrounded by chairs, theater like, and sell tickets to your demos.......lol ;D