PDA

View Full Version : i need some help!!!

sallie
05-12-2003, 07:00 AM
I don't really know whether or not I should be posting here, but anyway - I need some help with a school Graphics project. I wanted to decorate a set of book colours in a bold,vibrant way, and I thought that some type of printing could achieve the right effect. Any ideas? It would have to be a relatively easy technique, using available materials.

Thanks a lot, any help woud be great. I'm pretty clueless on the whole topic (obviously!)

~sallie

timelady
05-12-2003, 02:58 PM
Guessing you mean book covers? :)

Easiest ways would probably be monoprinting or something like linocuts.

For linocut - You can get a cheap set of linocut tools at an art shop and usually they have lino too - you just cut it to the right size. Then get a roller and ink - you may even be able to find a Speedball brand starter set.

For monoprints - See the monoprints lesson at the top of this forum. It tells you the basic supplies and technique. (paint, paper, plexiglass or other smooth surface)

If you did a design larger than the book you could then fold it over to wrap around the book. Grab a library hardcover book that has one of those plastic covers for a template. :) (but don't damage it of course!) Remember to design the whole cover, front spine and back. Leave space for the title and printed information or block it out with a stencil before you do the printmaking on it. OR, print the title and text on the paper using the computer first, then do the printmaking over it. Again, you may need to cover the text before doing the artwork. It just depends if your artwork will be too dark over the writing.

Tina.

sallie
05-16-2003, 07:41 AM
thanks a lot, that should be a great help. I'll give the monoptinting a go.
fingers crossed