PDA

View Full Version : */*/ DAILY WASH MONDAY 12th May*/*/

andylavallee
05-12-2003, 02:43 AM
Good morning world!. Sunshining at the moment not expected to last though. managed to get some pictures of Baby Allanah (of Artmoms hand painting fame) this week-end she is 14 weeks now and is developing into a very happy little person...http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-May-2003/16392-Drawing1.jpg.
back to work today although as I did an extra few hours yesterday there has been no week-end never mind painting class tonight and I've done my homework Sir! an orange,a lemon and really good pear and a funny Apple come plum but hey I'm a student.

have a good day all

Nandie
05-12-2003, 02:52 AM
Aawwwww.... Andy, she looks just like you!!!!! How cute!!! You must be very proud!

I had a lovely Mother's Day.... my boys gave me a gift certificate for the local plant nursery so I spent my day purchasing plants (trailing geraniums, bacopa, creeping charlie, lotus vine, lobelia, etc.) and soil and then making two hanging baskets for my front yard. It was a beautiful sunny day too! :) Then we really "splurged" and went out for dinner (I DON'T cook OR do dishes on Mothers Day!!!) **sigh** my boys take such good care of their momma!!!:D

Oh!! and to top it all off, I just about completed another painting while watching the Survivor Finale!!!:D So Happy Mother's Day to all.....Now I'm off to bed - I'll check in later!

madmum
05-12-2003, 03:07 AM
Morning Andy and Nandie :D lol and AWAYTC!

Allanah is beautiful, Andy :)

I love Mondays!!!!!! Means I can paint without being disturbed by squabbling ;) I need full concentration for the dreaded carousel :rolleyes:

Talk of hanging baskets scares me, I really should do one myself this year but they need so much water!!!!! Mine always die well before the first frosts through lack of care (no green fingers here!)

Hub has planted his runner bean seeds in preparation for a bumper crop again. We're late starting this year, usually they're ready to go in the garden about now.

The bunk beds we took apart last week to make way for new bunks are being collected by a local charity today. They sell them on cheaply to people on low incomes who would otherwise have to go without. Having been in that position on more than one occasion we always offer old furniture to them.

Have a good day everyone, hugs and prayers for those who need them :)

Ruth

artmom
05-12-2003, 04:36 AM
Good morning, all!

Andy, Allanah looks like a healthy, happy baby! Beautiful!

Nandie, glad that your Mother's Day was good, as was mine!

Madmum, sounds like you and I share a thumb and it is not green!LOL

Note: I had posted a poll to let me know which version of my Smoky Mountain View painting Washers liked. Thanks to those who responded. I asked Rod to remove it, as I realized it was wasting folk's time to ask them to choose between a digital image of the original and a (lousy) scanned image of the revised painting. This issue has been deep-sixed!! LOL

This pic was taken in Cades Cove, a mountain valley in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, a half hour from my home. It was settled in about 1820 by veterans of the War of 1812. I'll be posting this and more images in the Reference Image Library today. Enjoy!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-May-2003/11722-CCMountain_View.jpg

AWAYTC!

Happy painting!

Sharon Douglas
05-12-2003, 04:56 AM
Morning everyone,
it`s cold wet and miserable outside today.
Haven`t been around nearly all week, ( not feeling too good again:rolleyes: :crying: ) so now I`ve got lots to catch up on.
I`ve drawn out my next picture, of a kitten I`m going to add my youngest daughters feet to it so it looks like the kitten is brushing up against them, I can`t wait to get started, this one is going to be in pastels.
I hope everyone has had a good week, and that everyone has a great day painting.
Hugs to everyone who needs them.
RUTH has FRANK given away the secrets of Wigan Pier yet:evil: ?
Sharon.

jaytee
05-12-2003, 05:11 AM
MOrning All

I'm with Nandie, Andy ( poet and dont know it :D) on baby Allanah :) Nandie.... glad to hear you're ( + ),Sharon sorry youve been ( - ) but glad youre brighter this week..........dont overdo it :D Cant be sure about Wigan pier revelations....... not been scouring boards due to visitor Helen............ who left yesterday with only 44 plants in her car (!).................. and did some sterling work in my garden while here :D Ive got almost as many if not more plants as a result of the week.....including 3 more Acers, 2 Eucryphia and a Styrax - all trees though babies as yet....as well as shrubs and perennials............. so have been gazing out of the window rearranging garden yet again :D :D Better have greener thumbs than you, Artmom & Maddie :D

AWAYTC

Lovely having H here. but now a million and three things to get on with... see you all later perhaps :)

Yorky
05-12-2003, 05:14 AM
Morning all!

Sharon stand by, the fine weather is coming over Wigan - we have it already to the west of you!

Done my sketch of the Andernach town gate, and going to attempt to paint it today.

Had yet another email from Expedia with changes to our flights to Detroit and Kalispell! That makes around 4 changes so far - and we have had the tickets for a month. Seems they are adjusting flight times and numbers weekly due to the fall off in traffic. So far only minutes involved. Can't wait to get over there - my sciatica is on the wane and I hope to be A1 for the trip.

Hey Gladys - I haven't said anything about getting stuck behind the desks in the classroom at Wigan Pier - so don't blame me!:evil:

Cheers!
Doug

PS Ooops! Sharon. Have I spilled the beans? :D
PPS Jaytee - when do the tours of the Kington Botanical Gardens commence?

Doug

Sharon Douglas
05-12-2003, 05:20 AM
Originally posted by Yorky
Morning all!

Sharon stand by, the fine weather is coming over Wigan - we have it already to the west of you!

Done my sketch of the Andernach town gate, and going to attempt to paint it today.

Had yet another email from Expedia with changes to our flights to Detroit and Kalispell! That makes around 4 changes so far - and we have had the tickets for a month. Seems they are adjusting flight times and numbers weekly due to the fall off in traffic. So far only minutes involved. Can't wait to get over there - my sciatica is on the wane and I hope to be A1 for the trip.

Hey Gladys - I haven't said anything about getting stuck behind the desks in the classroom at Wigan Pier - so don't blame me!:evil:

Cheers!
Doug

PS Ooops! Sharon. Have I spilled the beans? :D
PPS Jaytee - when do the tours of the Kington Botanical Gardens commence?

Doug
I think you did ....lol.......Ruth will kill you, you`d better watch your back now!!:eek: :eek: :eek:
Sharon.

madmum
05-12-2003, 05:21 AM
And I was beginning to think you were a gentleman, Frank! :p

Those desks were built for 10 year olds on poor diets, not 30 pluses with several children! At least we didn't take the easy option and sit at the back! :p

Ruth

jaytee
05-12-2003, 05:28 AM
Just found this on yesterdays wash.

Happy Mother's Day to All Wife's , Mothers, Grandmothers and Almost Mothers, and even the ladies that only have cats or dogs to depend on them.....hope you all had a great day!!
Alan

Thanks Alan............. us singletons/divorcees/childless ones can sometimes feel a tad left out. at other times blissfully grateful about our state :D :D :D Next year could you plse pmthe animals so they buy me a present :D

Doug LOL............. will never be able to rival Hergest Croft just up the road where they have national collection of Acers & I bought all the most recent trees :D

Wigan Pier.................:clap: :cat: :clap: :cat: :clap:

Ruth........... does that charity collect only in Hereford or through the county..... if latter please pm or e-mail phone no.......... when we meet SOON we will natter too much and forget

painterbear
05-12-2003, 07:34 AM
Good Morning all,

It is a lovely windy day today. Temps only in the high 60s, I love it! I am not a heat person at all. The trees are gently moving to and fro as the winds blow through them. I like the sound too.

Jaytee, I've got acers growing in my veggie garden like crazy! I was out there yesterday pulling each and every one of them out. I think they think they landed in heaven when they whirligigded their way down from our neighbor's tree into our freshly dug and fertile soil.

Doug, Hope they don't cancel your flights altogether on you. When is the big trip again? Glad your back is feeling better. Sounds as if the new osteopath is working out.

Andy, Allanah is a beautiful little baby and she looks so happy in the photo. Isn't it fun when they begin to respond to their surroundings more.

Nice photo of the Smokey Mountains, ArtMom!

I'm getting ready to start a painting of Niagra Falls from a photo I found in the RIL. Finished my Morrocan arch yesterday and posted it in the Challenge project 2.

To all who are ailing, hope the warmer weather brings you strength. To all who are itching to paint, hope you have time AND QUIET enough to do so to your heart's content.

Time to wake my husband and get started on our day here.

See you later.

Uschi
05-12-2003, 07:51 AM
Good Morning Everyone!!!
Going to be another rainy day, goody, goody, manure soaking in!!!! My daughter in law and almost 5 month old grandson coming to visit from Toronto, so no painting inspite of rain.

Andy - Allanah is very cute!!!!
Sharon - glad to see you here, hope the feeling better continues.
Doug - WOW, the sciatica is getting better, what did it????
Lyn - beautiful photo!!! Almost tempts me to try landscape again.
Hi Nandy and Ruth!!!!
Jaytee - can't wait for picutres of your beautiful garden. We certainly are working very hard at it.
Greetings to AWAYTC and have a wonderful day everyone!!!
Uschi

ScarletLake
05-12-2003, 08:13 AM
Good morning everyone

Sylvia - you have a much nicer opinion of the weather here than I do. We had a heavy downpour on Sat & winds & then temps dropped off & yesterday was just plain cold. Dosn't look any better today. No sunshine for sure

Hope everyone had a nice weekend & Mothers Day.
We had a busy weekend with a wedding taking place.
Then last night got together with family for casual dinner.

I'm going to try to do some apinting this afternoon. I am going to attempt a rose.

Talk to everyone later.

Anita

Little Old Lady
05-12-2003, 08:18 AM
Good Day! Another dreary cold day,
Darling baby andy. Have to see if I got any good ones at the brunch yesterday.
Doug glad you are feeling better.
Glad to hear from the rest of you.
Have a Board Meeting this morning and this aft working on 13 center pieces for a brunch on Thursday.
Sharing my Mother's Day cards:
From my daughter"I hope it's been great being my Mother..Lord knows I've tried to make it exciting for you!"
From my son "Mom, I realize it wasn't easy raising me...the best and brightest are always a challenge!"
JoAnn

Strawberry Wine
05-12-2003, 08:20 AM
Good Day Washer People:

Same here as at Uschi's lovely rain for 2 days now. Back garden sopping wet, so no fun for labradors who would need a bath if they had a romp out there. I went to the greenhouse yesterday as well and planted a herb container for the deck, parsley, chives, oregano and basil. I have a bigger beside the veggie garden but thought I could use the essential cooking herbs close to kitchen.

Andy, beautiful little girl and love those chubby cheeks.

Sharon: Hope you are feeling better day by day.

Lyn: Beautiful picture. Will check out the RIL today for latest pics from everyone.

Andrea: Glad you are still feeling good.

Jaytee: What are "acers?"

Everyone else hope your day is a good one.

Gail
:)

CharM
05-12-2003, 08:28 AM
Good Morning Washuns... The wind!!! Yesterday, the wind shook the house, the trees and anything that wasn't nailed down... It's certainly let up now, but it still wants to blow... The temperature has cooled and it's pretty grey outside... As I type this, a Baltimore Oriole visited my feeders... When I told my hubby, he hurriedly filled the B.O. feeder with orange nectar... We'll get some fresh oranges today for them...

TMR

Andy... beautiful baby!!!!!!!!!

Lyn... what a beautiful area you live in... It's flat as a pancake here in Southern Ontario...

Sharon... glad that you're feeling better!

AWAYTC... I hope those who are under the weather feel better today... Those who are painting, make something beautiful... Those off to work for the day, don't work too hard...

Have a great day everyone!

Yorky
05-12-2003, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by sharon frost

I think you did ....lol.......Ruth will kill you, you`d better watch your back now!!:eek: :eek: :eek:
Sharon.

I'll keep my head down for a while and I'm sure you'll forget about it:D

Anyway my back is feeling much better today, the osteopath seems to have found the problem - siezed left sacro-iliac joint.

Actually got half-way with my Challenge 3 entry this morning, I'll post it later.

Wish we had some of your exotic birds here, CharM, we got blackbirds, blue tits, robins and a wren.

60+ is my favourite temperature too, Sylvia. We often laugh - if we eat outdoors, I'm always in the shade and Ruth is always in the sun.

Cheers!

Doug

pampe
05-12-2003, 09:53 AM
Good Monday, painter people

Andy, you lucky one...she is delicious

Doug...you will love eating on the deck in the evenings....COOL
They are changing flights everywhere due to the downturn in travel. We are so looking forward to the British invasion next month;) Average temp in June 68 in the day....38-45 at night (F)

Played my best 18 holes of golf yesterday....must have been the Mother's Day zeal.....back is killing me today as we walked the course.....:rolleyes:

JoAnn....LOL.....looks like your offspring have your sense of humor!

Off to swim....back to paint all day...see you at latte time

Pam

coffee_girl3000
05-12-2003, 10:08 AM
Afternoon all! I love study leave - just lie around the house while everyone else is working or at school. Got my favourite music (Rolling Stones) on, wish we could have exam leave without the exams.

It's sunny with clouds today, there were a few drops of rain on the way home from this morning rehearsals. Can't believe the culmination of a two year Drama course is tomorrow! Fingers crossed it'll run smoothly.

Allanah is gorgeous Andy, paint plenty of pictures of her so she can be embarrassed when older ;).

Chellenge 3 Doug? Think you're getting ahead of yourself, you haven't even accepted that you will lose Challenge 2!

((((Sharon)))) Will look into Pastels to see your picture. Keep well.

TMR, sorry for not replying to all!

CharM
05-12-2003, 10:24 AM
Doug... I'm sooo glad your back is on the mend!! I'm a true believer in alternative and homeopathic medicine as I've had precious little relief from my GP... My doctor happily hands out scripts for pain, but never quite seems to get to the root of the problem...

I've been trying to photograph all these birds... They're quite skittish... This is really the first year that we've had this much variety. I have been totally engrossed and entertained by them. I asked my hubby to take a pic of my feeders... I have birdbook illustrations of all these little guys and I'll paint them in after the fact... just a thought...

ScarletLake
05-12-2003, 10:25 AM
Andy - Meant to tell you what a beautiful baby girl that your grandaughter is.

Lyn - I love Cades Cove. Haven't been there for a couple of years. I want to go to visit the Biltmore House.
Lets just say my husband owes me a nice vacation. LOL!!!!

Anita

Olga
05-12-2003, 01:58 PM
Aaaaah--WC! is back!!! I assume I was not the only one having trouble.... and checking every 5 minutes like a true addict....

Hello all,

Andy--Allanah is adorable. It's so wonderful when babies first start smiling and interacting...

Doug--glad your back is better
(((((Sharon)))) hope you feel better

I am happily back to my painting, but afraid will have to interrupt to supervise some homework.... Maybe the French verbs I am supposed to help with will help put the right accent on my Paris scene?

TMR but hope everyone is having a great day

Olga

bswilson1147
05-12-2003, 02:01 PM
"Let yourself be silently drawn by the stronger pull of what you really love."--Rumi :)

mchew
05-12-2003, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by Olga
Aaaaah--WC! is back!!! I assume I was not the only one having trouble.... and checking every 5 minutes like a true addict....

Yup.. happened the same here... I've lost count the number of times I clicked on the Refresh button!!

Guess I'm late here... it's already "tomorrow" @2.05am here...

The mural project has been postponed for another day or two as the interior designer couldn't finish the renovation work on time for me to start the painting the mural as scheduled on Wednesday... which means I'll have to do it on weekends... :( :mad: ....

Too many of you to reply individually... so, have a nice day everyone... I'm off to bed.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz snort snort zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

jkook
05-12-2003, 02:29 PM
Good afternoon everyone. I finally got a new modem for my computer and spent this morning getting it back on line. It's actually working ?:clap:

Doug, glad to see your back is getting better.
Andy, she is beautiful

Lynn, I should be able to see it again, live the first week of July. Great picture.

Coffee girl , stay at those exams now ,you hear ? Your WC extended family expects you to do well.

Pampe, glad to see your playing golf again. It's a long winter up there isn't it ?

Well, gotta run. Everyone have a great day.

Jim

lyn lynch
05-12-2003, 04:29 PM
Hey, Kookie! Looking forward to "regularity" LOL, wishing I could afford DSL. Slowness did not bother me until I found WC! LOL

Beautiful baby girl, Andy-with-fingers-itching-to-hold. I snagged it for my baby practice. OK?
JT, I never get gifts for Mother's Day, we consider it a "Hallmark" holiday, and no card expected either. But if I wanted one I would just buy it myself. Fresh flowers are nice.

Way overslept today, still operating at half-mast. Happy trails to all. Auntie.

jaytee
05-13-2003, 09:08 PM
Never know where to answer Wash questions when I catch up 48 hours late . Should I do it here.............. in todays ie Tuesday. or start tomorrows ie Wednesday which is already today here in the UK.............Ill sleep on it by which time Monday will be the day before yesterday :eek: ................but just in case I miss that too........... Acers = Maples.............the small ornamental kind for my garden not the big forest sized kind:D Lots of different leaf shapes and hopefully lots of Autumn Colour. Pics in due course.