PDA

View Full Version : Hello first post over here

jti
05-11-2003, 09:42 PM
Hi there, I've been hiding out in the Watercolor section all the time - but I JUST NOICED there is a forum for animals and the like. So, I thought I'd post a few over here for feedback and Critique. I have elephant like skin so don't worry about the constructive critigues.

Thanks in advance. jti

P.S. I've often wondered if I should shoot a tree limb off into the leafy area on the right (to break it up a bit and clarify the tree)... is it needed or not. Thanks

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-May-2003/19946-duck-wc-version.jpg

echidna
05-12-2003, 12:33 AM
hi jti! welcome to A&W! everyone's really nice here,a nd you can definitely get some good advice! great textures in your painting- that's watercolor:eek: ! very nice
~Echidna

She-She
05-12-2003, 01:23 AM
Hi jti, welcome.
I see you have only been here since March. It takes a bit to make your way around this glorious site. I hope you will make the watercolor & A/W forums your "home".

I can't believe this is watercolor, it's that good. I don't think you need to add anything more. I like the way it is. The detail just blows me away!!

If you have more animals to share, by all means post them here. We are a friendly bunch, we don't bite. ;)

pencils4me
05-12-2003, 11:13 AM
Welcome jti

wow - thats alot of texture in this one, and watercolor too - very nice! love the tree.

TJ

Paul Hopkinson
05-12-2003, 04:28 PM
This is my kind of painting! I can see that you have spend many, many hours on this and literally keeping your nose to the paper for the detail. I know the feeling!
I would also keep it as it is. If you placed a branch from the tree over the background you will find the viewers eye wondering that way to. Keep thier attention on the main subject.

NICE work!

Paul

lorna12
05-13-2003, 03:05 AM
Welcome, you're going to love it here. Great bunch of artists live here.

Your painting is wonderful, what detail! I'm like Crafty, and love detail work. It's hard to believe that's a watercolor...you have great control with the medium. I'm not so hot with it, but I try!

Please post more of your work, I look forward to seeing it.:clap:

fapcat
05-13-2003, 08:22 AM
Did you get that wonderful detail in the bark and moss through pain or do you have a trick for that? Watercolorists amaze me. This is very wonderful

RachelG*
05-13-2003, 10:28 AM
WOW! that detail is increadible. i love it!!

Leaflin
05-14-2003, 12:07 PM
Hi jti :)
WELCOME to the A&W forum.
A wonderful first post in here.
I wouldn't change a thing!

Line
05-15-2003, 02:20 PM
Hey! Awesome work, I wouldn't change a thing! :)