PDA

View Full Version : another from this weekend

arch
05-11-2003, 07:37 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-May-2003/16181-sailboat_painting_2.jpg

This is another one I did this weekend. It was inspired by some of the material Kiff Holland produces. I was happy with the boats and the water but feel the landscape could have used a bit more work.

Of the 2 paintings I just posted one will be a retirment gift for someone and the other will stay with me.

Any preferences for which is more appealing?

Thanks for looking and I do appreciate all comments.

Regards.

artmom
05-11-2003, 07:45 PM
I really like the colors and reflections in this! It appeals more to me because of color--I'd love to receive it as a gift! LOL

Lyn

CharM
05-11-2003, 08:17 PM
This is absolutely stunning. The water, the boats, the sky, the trees... It all combines to a wonderful composition!

Now tell me, which one do YOU prefer? And which one are you going to keep? I know the one I'd keep!!!!

Little Old Lady
05-11-2003, 09:00 PM
this is great. It is my favorite! Now keep painting!!
JoAnn

mpopinz
05-11-2003, 09:02 PM
Simply Lovely =o)

taghera
05-11-2003, 09:02 PM
Excellent work....:)

NeerlysGal
05-11-2003, 09:31 PM
Very nice:)

Great use of color:D

mhimeswc
05-11-2003, 09:36 PM
I like this one! The colors are lovely, and the white boats are very well done. Nice painting!

Michelle

ptantono
05-11-2003, 10:02 PM
Love sooo much the blue water and the reflection of the boats. I think if you could darker the sky at the horizon and the ground under green the trees, it will make the boats and reflections become a better strong impact area. Just my thought.
The landscape looks good to me.

arch
05-12-2003, 12:43 AM
Thanks Lyn, Char, Joane, Iris, Tag , Tracie, Michelle and Patricia for your comments. Char, I was favoring the one with the fisherman on the shoreline as a gift. I feel the treeline and darks added more to the composition than the boat painting.

I think I'll work a bit more on the shoreline of the boat painting and build up some contrasts.

Thanks all.

Ron

lyn lynch
05-12-2003, 01:07 AM
Geez, I had to go back to the other painting--I did not see the fisherman; if he is so undistinquishable IRL suggest you punch it up a bit.

Sailboat work is very beautiful. Again, much to look at. Interest kept on both works. They are quite different in application so I suggest the personality of receiptent be taken into consideration. A more traditional person, and one less interested in the arts may appreciate the 'known' of sailboats. A more contemporary person, would appreciate the interpretive aspects of the fishman.

Both are beautiful works, and you can take pride in them both. I suggest you decide which one you want and gift the other.

Yorky
05-12-2003, 05:00 AM
This is very good,

As always there is the dilemma - which to keep. Depends how much you like your colleague:D

If you like him very much - give him you favourite painting!

Doug

Sharon Douglas
05-12-2003, 05:05 AM
I like this one very much.
Sharon.

Uschi
05-12-2003, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by fookie
Geez, I had to go back to the other painting--I did not see the fisherman; if he is so undistinquishable IRL suggest you punch it up a bit.

Sailboat work is very beautiful. Again, much to look at. Interest kept on both works. They are quite different in application so I suggest the personality of receiptent be taken into consideration. A more traditional person, and one less interested in the arts may appreciate the 'known' of sailboats. A more contemporary person, would appreciate the interpretive aspects of the fishman.

Both are beautiful works, and you can take pride in them both. I suggest you decide which one you want and gift the other.

I couldn't have said it as well so am using fookie's words. My sentiments exactly!!!!
Uschi

surreal
05-12-2003, 08:54 AM
Your style is very engaging!

painterbear
05-12-2003, 12:09 PM
Hi Arch,

LOL! Like Fookie, I had to go back and take another look at your other painting. I missed the fisherman in it the first time around, he blends in with the trees and shoreline vegetation so well. You could do something to accent him and bringing him out, OR you could leave him as a little surprise for people to discover as they look more closely at the painting. In one of his watercolor books, Tom Lynch says that is what he likes to do in his paintings, especially when painting recognizable landmarks.

Both paintings are beautiful in different ways. I think this is a more straightforward composition and subject, the other is almost an abstract. You have to decide which would appeal to the personality of the retiree. I'm sure he/she would appreciate either one because they are both very nicely painted and will look stunning matted and framed.