PDA

View Full Version : painting again at last

arch
05-11-2003, 07:20 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-May-2003/16181-fisherman1.jpg

It's been a few months since I have done any painting, just no time. I have been keeping up on the posts though and see lots of good material. The new Challenge does look interesting.

I did get the brush to the paper this weekend and managed a couple. This was an exercise we did in a class which I didn't get to. The post came out a little on the dark side. Your comments would be welcome as I scrape the rust off the brushes.

Regards to all and I hope I can contribute to Challenge No. 2 for the men.

Strawberry Wine
05-11-2003, 08:07 PM
Hi Arch:

Welcome back to the land of wet brushes. .

Your little siesta doesn't seem to have done you any harm. Lovely water landscape. It is a bit dark but I like the way you have portrayed the water. Also, love the burnt sienna or is it umber on the distant tree line and the addition of same colour on the shoreline on viewers left. It ties it together nicely.

Gail

CharM
05-11-2003, 08:15 PM
Twilight maybe? You have painted the water beautifully! I do like this, but I must confess that I like the boats much better... Clearly, your sebatical did you no harm!!!:)

Little Old Lady
05-11-2003, 08:58 PM
Lovley loose landscape. Keep it up.
JoAnn

arch
05-12-2003, 12:48 AM
Thanks Gail, Char and JoAnn for your comments. I actually prefer this one myself, the true colours are much brighter than the image here conveys.
Ron

lyn lynch
05-12-2003, 12:58 AM
Hey, Arch. This is great, interesting stuff to look at. Love the reflections.
Overall, I give two thumbs up and request you join Challange 2 for the women. :D

Yorky
05-12-2003, 04:52 AM
Hey arch - welcome back!

Here's a lighter version:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-May-2003/1046-ArchpondDSE.jpg

Hope this is nearer the original!

Doug

baba
05-12-2003, 05:21 AM
Stunning! The water, the trees, I love just about everything in this... and I would prefer the dark version.

painterbear
05-12-2003, 07:37 AM
Hi Arch,

Love the wet into wet merging of the beautiful colors you used in this painting. It has a lot of places to capture the viewer's eye.

What a shame you are going to join the guys for the Challenge. :(

Uschi
05-12-2003, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by baba
Stunning! The water, the trees, I love just about everything in this... and I would prefer the dark version.

I agree!!!
Uschi

surreal
05-12-2003, 08:53 AM
Loose and very lovely.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

babybrush
05-12-2003, 09:43 AM
i really like the colors you used on this one. especially like those soft background trees.

Bethany

arch
05-12-2003, 03:12 PM
Thank you all for your comments and encouragement.

Doug, yes the original is closer to the brightness you posted but with more blues, thanks for the edit.

I'm leaning toward giving the fisherman away as a gift as I feel it has more mood and expression and spontaneity to it. I also like the stretched horizontal format.

Thanks all.

Ron