PDA

View Full Version : A little different for me...

Birdie
05-11-2003, 05:16 PM
Here is another painting with my new paints....Dr.Ph.Martin's Hydrus watercolors.....boy I love the color..... this one is way different for me but I kinda like....sorta on the line of what Flattwo does...I hope he doesn't mind...:D

Thank you for looking..

Birdie:rolleyes:

CharM
05-11-2003, 05:19 PM
Ooooooh Sharon, this is beautifully moody and almost sureal... I really like it! Glad to see you're enjoying your new paint!!!!

mpopinz
05-11-2003, 05:28 PM
This is beautiful... I like your rocks!!!

Annetta
05-11-2003, 05:44 PM
Beautiful work!! I love the combination of watercolor/ink myself. Love the colors and fantasy feel of this. :clap: :clap:

Aren't new paints fun!! :D

I see you're from Bremerton. Ever hear of Lake Tahuya, up past Wildcat Lake, and near Camp Union? We use to live there ....I miss it a lot :(

Birdie
05-11-2003, 05:50 PM
Yes I know where it is...been out there a lot....Not living in this area any more....?
Thank you for the nice comment

artmom
05-11-2003, 06:48 PM
You sure put those new paints to good use!

Lyn

Jprice022
05-11-2003, 07:49 PM
Birdie

I like the composition and the use of the yellows to highlight the center of interest. (Does that make sense?)

baba
05-12-2003, 02:16 AM
I can't really tell you why, but this is soooo lovely!

rapolina
05-12-2003, 04:13 AM
Originally posted by CharM
this is beautifully moody and almost sureal...

ditto! I love nowhere places!
:clap: :clap:

ciao, rapolina.

Sharon Douglas
05-12-2003, 04:21 AM
Hi Sharon,
lovely use of new paints.
Sharon

Little Old Lady
05-12-2003, 08:32 AM
Love the painting and the limited use of ink. Are these the liquid colors?
JoAnn

Uschi
05-12-2003, 09:15 AM
Soooo pretty!!!!
Uschi

els
05-12-2003, 09:26 AM
Very good Birdie! Love it...

Birdie
05-12-2003, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by Little Old Lady
Love the painting and the limited use of ink. Are these the liquid colors?
JoAnn

I just love the richness of the color... I just love them..

and thank you for you nice comments all

Astur
05-12-2003, 11:08 AM
Interesting one!!

I like the colors you use, if looks misterious and harmonic for me... my onlyu "but" is perhaps I feel the painting a little flat, without sense of deep.. but I'm not sure about how fix it... you can put more shadows on foreground, or pale a little the distant trees... I don't know... :)

painterbear
05-12-2003, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by Astur
Interesting one!!

I like the colors you use, if looks misterious and harmonic for me... my onlyu "but" is perhaps I feel the painting a little flat, without sense of deep.. but I'm not sure about how fix it...

Hi Birdie,

I agree with Astur that the painting may need a little something more, especially on the left foreground (facing the screen), to draw your eye on into the painting. Maybe something like the brush or bush midway along the right bank of the stream in the midground of the painting.

Your colors are lovely and beautifully applied. I like the ink work too, just enough to be interesting, not enough to detract from the watercolors.

BTW, if you use the Uploader button at the top of the page when you attach your image in a thread, we can take a second look at your painting as we type our reply because it appears here too. It helps us make a more complete and knowledgeable comment.

Lady Carol
05-12-2003, 03:00 PM
Lovely!

A completely different style to Henry's ink work.

WEll done:clap: :clap: :clap:

karenjh
05-12-2003, 05:44 PM
WOW I love this. I love the colors that you've chosen and the composition.

pampe
05-12-2003, 05:50 PM
you knocked my sox off!

It was not what I expected....

really lovely

colors, style ....everything works

You should be very happy with this one!!!

Birdie
05-12-2003, 08:08 PM
I am having a ball with these paints....If you haven't tried them I would recommend trying them. If you love bright color you should enjoy these...I can't wait to have somemore time to paint and lay in a wash of these wonderful colors and then use my other paints for details of the rest of the painting..and sure it will add a lot of life to a painting....

Lampburke
05-12-2003, 08:27 PM
What an amazing picture! Thanks for sharing it...