PDA

View Full Version : pet smart

elizabeth ours
05-11-2003, 03:22 PM
went to pet smart yesterday for dog food and left with "Rags"

he is a mixed breed, heeler and who knows (maybe springer spaniel). 6 months old and has paws the size of my fist. he is a lovie.

MonicaB
05-11-2003, 04:09 PM
Elizabeth, congratulations on the newest member of your family! Good on ya for adopting. He's a sweetie!

idahogirl
05-11-2003, 06:32 PM
Lucky you and lucky him. I know you will both make each other very happy. He looks like one swell dog. Always love to hear adoption stories.

Dee

Paul Hopkinson
05-11-2003, 06:33 PM
He is lovely! I think you should paint or draw a pet portrait of him. His coat would be the kind I would love to draw in CP's.

Paul

pawtraitart
05-11-2003, 09:01 PM
It's awesome that you adopted him. Pet rescue/adoption is a subject near and dear to my heart.

Michelle

echidna
05-12-2003, 12:40 AM
as a person who has spent a great deal of time with shelter dogs and in front of petsmarts, i know how wonderful it feels to see a dog find the person he's going to spend the rest of his life with. congratulations on finding your new friend! i'm sure he's even happier to be with you than vice versa!
~Echidna

elizabeth ours
05-12-2003, 10:15 AM
Rags is definitely blue heeler aka austrailian cattle dog. While we were sleeping, last night, he gathered up all of his toys and any thing loose: belts, shoes, etc., and placed them in a neat pile in the middle of the living room. Our old blue heeler, Belle, did the same thing when she was a puppy. Belle also destroyed a sofa and loveseat, tore linoleum up off the floor, chewed a hole in a new quilt and ate my Bass Weejuns.

Are we in big trouble, or what? He is still a sweetheart. i'll just have to close off the bedrooms when i go to work (and make sure he can't get in to our closet, where my husband has about eight pairs of cowboy boots (not cheap) - all made of leather - a cattle dogs delight.

liz

pencils4me
05-12-2003, 10:39 AM
Sounds like yesterday was Rags' lucky day!!!

Congratulations to all of you :D

TJ

Leaflin
05-12-2003, 10:56 AM
Congratulations on you new family member Elizabeth!
What a beauty he is!!!!!

I got Nick from the shelter also.
Two hours before he was to be put down, just in the "nick" of time!

BTDogMom
05-12-2003, 11:11 AM
Elizabeth, I'm sooooo jealous, but sooo happy 4 u and more so 4 your puppy!!! He is ADORABLE - Wish I could give him hugs!!! Was this planned, or was it an accident? LOL

RachelG*
05-12-2003, 02:03 PM
Congratulations!! he's BEAUTIFUL!! P.S Now you have good karma for rescuing a puppy!!! :D

elizabeth ours
05-12-2003, 05:16 PM
thanks all. i feel like a new mom.

BT - no this was not planned, but i saw him in a cage and it was love at first sight.

liz:cat:

Lampburke
05-12-2003, 09:00 PM
The best adoptions never are planned......they pick YOU out and adopt YOU. He's a sweetie, and I echo the thanks for adopting him. I'll never forget an old lap-dog sized mutt that I couldn't resist at the shelter one day. They warned me that he was old and almost ready to die ~ so I took him home for as long as it would take. He deserved to die "with" someone, y'know? Happened a week later, in his sleep.

But there's a stretch of road that brings the memory of him sitting in my lap, in the car with the window down, old paws on the door and his lovely little grey ears flapping in the wind, grinning and panting in excitement. He looked like a puppy that day......

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-May-2003/13361-dogrun.gif

MonicaB
05-13-2003, 08:32 AM
Lovely story, Susan! I, too, was adopted by a mutt -- a 3-month-old terror who is almost 12 now, and my life has never been the same. . . it came at the wrong time, in the wrong country, but I really had no choice in the matter. :D

Lahree
05-13-2003, 09:35 AM
That's why my husband won't let me go into a Petsmart or any other place like it. LOL. I would take home SOMETHING. Congratulations on your new addition!