PDA

View Full Version : Another pic sold!

angeline
05-11-2003, 02:24 PM
I am so bowled over with all this it's so exciting!
I was just starting a pic last night at work and one of the senior nurses came and sat chatting with me.........she ohhhh and aaahhhhhhed and giggled saying she had never met a real live artist before......lol that in itself was such a compliment.
Anyway she wanted to see all my work so i showed her stuff i had done online. She feel in love with my little teapot and wanted to have it......bearing in mind my recent price problems i said that it would be 30 unframed (It's 12" by 9") So she agreed and will pay me for framing too.
now I have looked at the picture again I think i will add some schminkes to the top layer

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-May-2003/19726-teapot_finished.jpg

meowmeow
05-11-2003, 02:38 PM
Ooohhh! It's lovely! No wonder she wanted it. Congratulations!

Sandy

Dark_Shades
05-11-2003, 02:40 PM
well done to you Ang...... remember this one..... it turned out so pretty

congrats on your sale

Drumbeat-trish
05-11-2003, 03:02 PM
Way to go angeline -its a great pic !!!!!!!! :)

mhimeswc
05-11-2003, 04:01 PM
Congratulations on the sale. Your painting is lovely. I like the yellow flowers with the blue.

Michelle

E-J
05-11-2003, 04:05 PM
Good on you Hayley :)

Am I right in remembering that this was one of your earliest pastels? How cool to have made a sale with it!!

Husband has been trying to persuade me to do something about selling some of my work, but I still can't figure out how anyone can bear to part with a painting they love and have worked so hard to make ... but 30 must really sweeten the pill, LOL :D

artbabe21
05-11-2003, 07:46 PM
congrats angeline...lovely pastel!!

Mo.
05-11-2003, 08:50 PM
Congrats to you Hayley on your sale...hope yo have many, many more... WEll done! :clap:

Originally posted by E-J
Good on you Hayley :)

Husband has been trying to persuade me to do something about selling some of my work, but I still can't figure out how anyone can bear to part with a painting they love and have worked so hard to make ... but 30 must really sweeten the pill, LOL :D

I lose all interest in my paintings once they are finished, to me the love is painting them. :)

30 is really not anywhere sweet enough for me, I think that is a very low price indeed to pay for an original work of art.... okay I sold a painting on Ebay for far less, but it was really only a rough sketch which only took me about an hour to do... I wouldn't now ever sell any of my works again for such a low price...folks pay more for prints.

cheers,
Mo.

bnoonan
05-12-2003, 12:18 AM
Congratulations on your sales. I love hearing stories like this...

Barb:D

butterfly
05-12-2003, 01:00 AM
Angeline:

Congratulation on your sale !!!

What a pretty picture ... can you show it again when you put the top soft layer on???? Please ....

Butterfly/Roni

angeline
05-12-2003, 04:01 AM
Thanks for all your replies.
Mo.......yes 30 plus framing is fairly cheap but if i make enough to keep me in my art supplies I am happy for now. I have only been doing pastels for 2 months and I don't feel comfortable asking any more just yet.
EJ.....yes this is one of my very first pastels I ever did. I am happy to know that someone enjoys my artwork enough to pay for it and hang it in their home right now......(hope that makes sense!)
Roni....yes i will post it when i have played with it a bit more.

soap
05-12-2003, 04:22 AM
Congratulations Hayley!!:clap: :clap: You must be thrilled.
And here we are trying to market ourselves to death....:D :D ;)with you it just happens! Proves how good you are girl!

Smudger
05-12-2003, 05:53 AM
:clap: Well done...well deserved:clap:

Striver
05-12-2003, 06:09 AM
The gaps between my sales are long, more work for sale around than buyers. Its a buyers market. My thoughts are I would rather have some cash flow than none at all and a room full of unsold work. I have some friends whose pride will not let them sell below top price, buyers are not knocking at their door. If it means more to you to keep, then thats its value to you. We do not all see the same things in a picture, good on you for your sale, it has extra value that a stranger wants your work on their wall.
Enjoy
Les