PDA

View Full Version : New Paints...........

Birdie
05-11-2003, 01:54 AM
Hi All,
I did what all artist do when they want to jump start painting again...I bought new paints... Have any you used Dr. Ph. Martin's Watercolors? O' may I love them.. the color is very beautiful..here is my first try with them. It is also new paper.. Daniel Smith handmade Indian Village cold press 140 or more it is heavy and rough...but it is so cool to work on.. Comments welcome.. and thanks for looking.

Birdie:rolleyes:

coffee_girl3000
05-11-2003, 06:56 AM
Hi Sharon!

Like the soft effect you have achieved, that paper sounds interesting. Did salt give you the textures or was it just the paper?

I have heard mixed views about Dr. Ph. Martin's w/cs - some say they are great but apparently they aren't at all lightfast. At least they got you painting.

artmom
05-11-2003, 08:51 AM
Glad you are painting again! Love the texture!

tessp
05-11-2003, 08:54 AM
Hi Sharon,

I like your painting very much. :)

Which line of Dr. Martin's watercolors did you use? The Hydrus Fine Art watercolors claim to be lightfast, but the Radiant Concentrated are definitely not... they are made for creating art that will be reproduced.

I'm also curious to know what size your painting is.

Tess

Sylvielu
05-11-2003, 09:43 AM
This is lovely and hand made paper makes it special. I have a set of the hydrus colors. I like them because they can be used straight from the bottles. I agree about only using the hydrus colors.

Birdie
05-11-2003, 12:08 PM
Yes it is the Hydrus line....glad to know I got the right one...... the size is 12'x 16' not big..
And no salt it is the paper that gave it the texture..... the paper is nice but it can be hard to work on because it is so textured.....

Birdie:rolleyes:

mhimeswc
05-11-2003, 02:55 PM
Lovely painting! And I really like the way the texture of the paper comes through. This paper would be great for landscapes, especially for rocks I think.

Michelle

Crystal Owl
05-11-2003, 04:12 PM
Beautiful painting I love the Dr. Martin colors too.

Irene

CharM
05-11-2003, 05:37 PM
Sharon, I posted on you second painting first! LOL Your tulips are clear and jewel toned! I love the result you're getting with this paint...