View Full Version : ****The Daily Wash - Mother's Day Sunday, May 11, 2003***

CharM
05-11-2003, 12:43 AM
The moon never beams without bringing me dreams
Of that wonderful mother of mine;
The birds never sing but a message they bring
Of that wonderful mother of mine.

Walter Goodwin, music, and Clyde Hager, lyrics

Happy Mother's Day to All Mothers, Grandmothers and Mothers-In-Waiting!!!

noreenemc
05-11-2003, 01:27 AM
It's still Mother's day eve here in California.

Char, I copied your quote to send to my mother, currently staying at my brother's house in Pasadena (land of the Rose Parade). She was supposed to be here this weekend but had some health problems and too many doctor appointments for now. She lives in Hemet (very hot in the summer) I hope to bring her up in August. She is very special and reminds us often that "she's 77 after all". She is the best mom a girl could ever hope for. I wish everyone could be so lucky.

Happy Tidings to all Mom's around the world. You are appreciated.

Kari
05-11-2003, 03:44 AM
Happy Mother's Day to all mother's everywhere!
My husband and sons brought me breakfast in bed along with the first newly opened rose from my bush out front! Of course I immediately thought of painting it! I might put it next to the crystal bowl my neighbor gave me for my birthday yesterday, but I need to put something in the bowl. Grapes, perhaps? I enjoyed doing that painting.
I am in the process of painting a picture of my Mom when she was about 5 years old- from a small black and white photo. She's sitting in an old chair with her back to you, and you see her reflection in a mirror. I am taking artistic license with what color I think things should be. Maybe I can finish it today and email it to her and it will still be Mother's Day on her end.

Yorky
05-11-2003, 05:26 AM
Morning all!

Happy Mothers Day to all you American mothers (We have a different date here in the UK).

Just packed Ruth off to a beading show in Birmingham and my eldest son who lives with us has gone on an outing with his TVR sports car club to the Yorkshire Dales. ( I would normally go with him, but I can't get in the car at present - too low).

Sooo I am going to sit back and draw a couple of sketches for Challenge 2003.

Cheers!

Doug

M.A.
05-11-2003, 05:30 AM
Happy Mother's Day to Mom's everywhere, I hope this day is especially kind to you (and I hope every other day is too!)

Char - wonderful poem.

Tea in hand, not quite awake here in my little corner of the universe.

Just wanted to let everyone know that, as requested, I submitted a new project last night ... Marvin's Portrait.

Now I'm gonna surf the boards, turn up the heat in the house (probably in that order) do some more painting and then head up to visit my mother and take her down to the beautiful Annapolis Valley here in Nova Scotia to my sister's home. It's cold here today but it will be a fun day just the same.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

coffee_girl3000
05-11-2003, 06:04 AM
Happy Mother's Day to those on the other side of the pond. :)

Watch that back Doug, take it easy.

Kari, I've got something in the works that sounds similar. My dad has a black and white photo of his mother, who passed away when he was 12. He would like me to paint her. It's a little daunting but I think I can do it.

It rained here earlier but the sun's come back out now. It's doing wonders for our garden, which looks very green in this funny weather. Unfortunately, all the daffs and tulips are gone so will have to wait for the roses to add some colour.

I hope I can get to paint today. Have been doing revision for the scary French Oral Exam on Wednesday - must learn 6 pages of complex French! But I need a break so will look in the RIL.

mchew
05-11-2003, 06:06 AM
Happy Mothers' Day!!

There's a Chinese folk song dedicated to mothers... it goes something like this.

Only Mommy's the best in this world,
Mommy's child is treated like treasure,
Running into Mommy's embrace,
Is the feeling of love and joy.

Coincidentally, today is also my father's birthday... called them this morning and wished both of them well.

I'm so chuffed about the my portrait thread... thanks Mary-Ann for starting it.... although I'm a bit shy (**blush blush**) with all the attention. :rolleyes:

Waiting eagerly for tonight's football match between Liverpool and Chelsea... it's a do or die game to get into Champions League next season... so I won't be here much later... :)

Have a nice Sunday, everyone.

tigre255
05-11-2003, 07:09 AM
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL WC'vers mothers...........:clap: :clap: :angel:

It's 7am and here I sit, sucking down coffee to wake up.....have already fed all cats and walked my two dogs....(daily choirs for the morning)........LOL and that was before my first cuppa.......:rolleyes:

Will be taking it easy today and painting as I alway do everyday......:D

Waiting for tonights finnal on the Survior Show for those that get totally involve in it......going to be a three hour show....can't wait....

Hope all have a wonderful mother's day.

Uschi
05-11-2003, 07:22 AM
Good Morning everyone and Happy Mothers' Day!!!

Woke up to a thunderstorm, and looks like another one is coming over the horizon.
Believe it or not, I worked away the whole yard of manure yesterday and am feeling happy because with the rain it is all soaking in. Neighbour brought me cake as a reward and I was too tired to eat it.
Brunch with my friends and if it continues to rain maybe even paint a bit. OH, yes, Survivor!!!!
Good health to everyone and have a great day!!!
Uschi

madmum
05-11-2003, 07:25 AM
Morning (afternoon here already :eek: ) and happy Mothers Day to mothers everywhere (except UK, we had ours! lol)

Usual chaotic weekend, children fighting and very little time for painting, but determined after a paint-free week that I WILL do more :D

I've been working on the background of my carousel painting, and hate it. :( Posted latest in progress section of project - advice or sympathy would be appreciated :rolleyes:

Back later I hope!

Hugs

Ruth

Olga
05-11-2003, 08:27 AM
HAPPY MOTHERS DAY to all WC moms!

Lovely day here and I have time to paint so I am happy.

Got a series of cards from my older daughter... the first one said: "Moms! They are just like dads... only smarter"
The second one said: "Moms! They yell... because they care"
and the third one said: "Moms! Even when they are wrong... they are right!"
Still giggling...

Fookie-Lyn--read last night about your volunteer job. WOW!!! Speaking of good work!

Off to see if my wash is dry... and what else has been posted

Hope everyone has a great Sunday!

Olga

Little Old Lady
05-11-2003, 08:40 AM
Happy Mother's Dya to us all!
Off to a Mothers Day Brunch with all my kids, some grand kids and some great grandkids We are meeting half way from Green Bay where my middle son lives. Happens to be at the restaurant where my grandson is sous chef.
Check back later.
JoAnn

Bill J
05-11-2003, 08:50 AM
Happy Mothers day to all moms and near moms. I'm taking my daughter and her 9 month old baby boy to see my mom who is 92 years old and still living on her own with my her 94 year old brother.

bill

Strawberry Wine
05-11-2003, 09:02 AM
Happy Mother's Day to All Moms Everywhere:)

We woke up to thunderstorms and power failure 7:00 am this morning. We have a gas stove top which can be lit manually, so was able to make coffee in an old perculator I use for camping. Ummmm, much hotter than the drip kind. Poured myself a cup .... OH NO..... computer is down. Now what am I going to do?? So sat and watched the bird feeders from the window.

As you can tell, power is back on and I am happy.

Doug: My hubby had chronic back pain for years and years. Turned out it was/is a herniated disc. The long and short of it is he bought a book called Healing Back Pain or something like that, did the exercises faithfully for a couple of months and has been virtually pain free for a about 3 years now. I will have a look for it and the name of author and send you P.M.

Thunder again, so I better log off here and wait a bit.

Have a great day all

Gail

artmom
05-11-2003, 09:23 AM
Happy Mother's Day to all mothers and all woman who may not be biological mothers but nurture others in many ways! I've been sitting drinking tea and eating sausage rolls made to my mother's special recipe, thinking how much I miss her!

Haven't heard from my boys yet, they know better than to wake their dad before 9:00 am. LOL GUESS WHAT! Just as I wrote that, my oldest son called and said he's going to visit with me later today.

Happy painting!

Sylvielu
05-11-2003, 09:35 AM
Happy Mother's Day! I will call my mom this morning and hoping my three children and son-in-law will contact me. Other than that its just another day in Washington.

I have been promised a new set of front tires.

It looks like another sunny dry day here. I hope yesterday's weather didn't do any harm or any more harm to those in it's path.

I hope all those who have been noticably missing are ok.

Sandy1
05-11-2003, 09:36 AM
Happy Mothers Day ! Hope you all have a Wonderful Day!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-May-2003/9104-2.jpg

pampe
05-11-2003, 10:04 AM
Echoing all the Mommy sentiments

Beautifully sunny here...I am SKIPPING the gym for 18 holes of golf later

Planted all my deck pots yesterday afternoon...so it really does finally look like winter's over.....LOL...of course that's always when we get another snow:D We have had snow as late as June since we have lived here....

Have a wonderful day......be creative and make beauty

*holding good thoughts for those who have been ill or MIA here*

Pam

karenjh
05-11-2003, 10:20 AM
Happy Mothers Day to all of you mothers! Hope you get what you want - even if that is time to paint!

Tigre - I too am waiting for the end of Survivor tonight. It's been fun to watch. We are going to my dad's today and I told my husband we have to be back by 7pm to watch it. That's what I want for Mothers Day LOL

al22
05-11-2003, 10:59 AM
Happy Mother's Day to all MOMs............

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-May-2003/8880-purple_rose.jpg

Hope your day is filled with blessings..............
...........al

artmom
05-11-2003, 11:06 AM
Al, thanks for the roses! I've never seen a rose that color before--beautiful.:D

Lyn

andylavallee
05-11-2003, 11:35 AM
Happy Mothers day to all moms(mums) you all deserve more than one days recognition, we can keep celebrating our mums, all the time.. that includes the moms who keep an eye on all us reprobates in W.C forum

Christie
05-11-2003, 12:58 PM
I am going to call my mum right after I post this. I won't be seeing her until tomorrow as she is out today

My eight year old is making breakfast for me as I type and the dogs are very interested in the whole procedure. Heaven only knows what he is going to turn out... :D

I am painting again today, after going to cook breakfast for my mother in law. All the kids are going over, so it should be some spread!

Happy Mother's Day to all who provide care in any way.

lyn lynch
05-11-2003, 02:34 PM
Happy Mother Day all.
Thank you Sandy and Big Dog for beautiful flowers to enjoy.
I want to clean-up the kitchen today and get the laundry put away...sounds like attainable goals...a LOW key day. LOL
Have some fun things planned for next week and looking forward.
Need to make vet visit for Shim-pup to check output as some improvement, but after this length of time should be much better.

CharM
05-11-2003, 04:50 PM
Hi Everyone! Thanks to all for the MD best wishes... and thanks to Sandy and Al for the beautiful flowers... We're blowing up another storm here, so I can't be on the computer too long... I spent the afternoon with my Mother... I cropped, matted and framed my rose picture for her... naturally, she loved it, but then she is a little prejudiced... My two eldest sons called home today and my youngest has been my "slave" all day... hehehe

Enjoy your evening!!!

Alan Cross
05-11-2003, 05:07 PM
Happy Mother's Day to All Wife's , Mothers, Grandmothers and Almost Mothers, and even the ladies that only have cats or dogs to depend on them.....hope you all had a great day!!
Alan :)

Little Old Lady
05-11-2003, 05:13 PM
Just returned from lovely brundh with 3 kids.2 daughter in laws, 4 grandchildren,2 granddaughter in laws and 3 great grandchildren. Too full to do much!
I am blessed to have family close by.
JoAnn

pampe
05-11-2003, 11:02 PM
:D

and you deserve it, JoAnn

Happy Mother's Day to you!