PDA

View Full Version : Flower

Sylvielu
05-10-2003, 09:34 PM
The reference was from a photo I took at the same place that had the stump house/shed at a campground/park/museum a little east of Bellingham.

I had a terrible time trying to get the digital to show the right color. I should have taken the photo outside. The background is greenish blue and yellow. Also I used salt which did not work out right either. I'm showing the cropped version.

The whole thing is 9 x 6 with a one inch border. Has anyone else had a hard time with sea salt? Maybe I used too much?
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/10-May-2003/2752-mom5.jpg

artmom
05-10-2003, 11:36 PM
Sylvielu, this is nice--I think an even closer crop would make it more dramatic!

Lyn

Sylvielu
05-10-2003, 11:55 PM
Thanks for looking Lyn. I was thinking the same. I may crop it and send it to my mom.

CharM
05-11-2003, 12:07 AM
Sylvielu, this is gorgeous! I love the pallette you chose... I have had no luck with any kind of salt... It's one of those things you have to practice to get it right... and I don't have that down pat yet... It doesn't matter, because your background looks great and your Mom will love it!

artijan
05-11-2003, 01:01 AM
Really like the vibrant background and the flower is good too. Will make a lovely gift.

Jan

Sylvielu
05-11-2003, 09:21 AM
Thanks Jan and Char. I did the flower in aureolin and vermillion. I have never used vermillion before. All colors used were W & N.

Flattwo
05-11-2003, 09:41 AM
Hi

This is good..the background looks like copper with verdigris and the flower like Rubys set in Gold..excellent...a gem indeed!

Also has a Tiffany feel to it

Regards

Flattwo