GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Cabaret
Year Created: 2003
Medium: Digital
Surface: Computer
Dimension: varies
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Think I overdid the white on the figure.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
All suggestions/comments welcomed.

jerryW
05-10-2003, 03:03 PM
love it!!
great

somerset
05-10-2003, 05:17 PM
Wow, thanks Jerry. Here is a minor correction to the face.

mattlart
05-11-2003, 11:23 PM
This has the feel of a digital Gustav Klimpt for the new millenium.
Also,..abit of gaudy darkness. Totally unique. And very cool.
Make sense?....Cheers,-Scott

Emilia
05-11-2003, 11:34 PM
Looking at this painting, the breast on the right looks as if it was bitten off. It's the shape of the white that gives me that impression.

somerset
05-12-2003, 12:10 AM
Scott
thanks for looking & commenting. thank goodness for search engines...Gustav Klimpt, eh. Found him, & boy is he intriguing; especially like Danae. Flattered by the mention-:) Your summary is dead on. In abstract form,I was trying to portray the cabaret scene of WWII Germany which I understand put the "D" in decadence.

Emilia
Hmm, hadn't noticed that effect before, but I was a litttle concerned about the white. Don't know what I'll do about that.
Thanks for looking & commenting.

Dyin
05-12-2003, 12:33 AM
I like the location of the white, but maybe would like it better in a bluish or greenish tone of white and would like to see a hint more face...oh and maybe a little deeper red on the far arm, otherwise like the boldness, the form and the mystery, very good.

somerset
05-12-2003, 12:56 AM
Dyin
Thanks for the feedback. Working a little pale blue into the white on the leg and her right breast, just to try it out. Have to say I like the difference. Thank you. Oh and since originally posted, the pic has been modified to show even a little less of the face/neck area. Couldn't figure out to give a little more without making the face larger than I really wanted to; so trying to get more with less.

Dyin
05-12-2003, 01:10 AM
hey, the blue is working! I like it...I guess it's not that there's not enough face...it just seems to me that it floats and isn't attached ...maybe a hint of color line in the hair area leading towards the figure's right shoulder? It's hard to say what would work as it's not my piece...my eye just involuntarily gets drawn up to it. I really like that so much is hidden in shadows tho....

somerset
05-12-2003, 12:07 PM
Dyin... I understand what you mean about the face, I just don't have the ability to execute it correctly. So that element will have to remain as is and hopefully it will be read as adding to the intrigue rather than as a flaw. Really appreciate your help.

mattlart
05-12-2003, 03:34 PM
LOL!!! Somerset;...you've read my mind EXACTLY!
I was running short on time when I posted to your thread,..but the FIRST thing that I thought of was the decadence of Berlin nightclubs during that period when I saw this!
You've captured THAT! (At least for me). Cheers,,,,,,,,.-S

somerset
05-12-2003, 06:03 PM
Makings of a good team. Glad we connected.