PDA

View Full Version : Problem about my painting...

meowmeow
05-10-2003, 02:12 PM
Sorry for making a new thread but I realized if I posted this at the end of the other thread probably no one would see it.

Here is the original thread; the painting in its present form is at the end.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=106380&perpage=15&pagenumber=2

I have been looking at the rocky area on the upper left. Now that is high up. Those rocks that go into the middle section are way down low in the water. THe more I look at the painting the more I think it does not read like that at all. Probably no one realized what they were looking at. I suppose it doesn't matter but it does to me. I am not sure how to remedy that.

There are some other small issues but they are things which I should be able to fix pretty easily (famous last words!)....

Anyhow if you understand what I am saying and have any suggestions tell me!

Thanks!

Sandy

bnoonan
05-10-2003, 02:17 PM
Sandy I'll reply here but I think if you just put a note at the bottom of the first posting, it would rise right back up to the top.

Well done. As you may be able to tell, I'm the last person to ask for critiques about landscapes but this is just wonderful.

Barb

angeline
05-10-2003, 02:31 PM
Not sure if I have the right grasp of what you want to fix here.......but how about if you raised the the grassed area in front then wouldn't that hide the top of the rocks ans so make them seem lower?
I'm just guessing here till someone who knows what they are talking about comes along..........lol
It's a wonderful scape btw........love the colours you have used.

meowmeow
05-10-2003, 05:24 PM
Doh! Nevermind....I went back and looked at the reference photo again and I did get it right.
For some reason I started thinking about some different areas of the park where there were some really high ledges where you would look down at the rocks in the water. But that is not what was going on here.
So....just pretend this thread doesn't exist. And I'll go skulking off into the sunset!

:o

Sandy

E-J
05-10-2003, 06:05 PM
Thread? What thread :D

I think it's a great piece of work... colourful, lively, very very nice.