PDA

View Full Version : ***THE DAILY WASH***Saturday, May 10, 2003

artmom
05-10-2003, 12:20 AM
Good morning, Earth!!

I just got back from seeing Art Garfunkel in concert! For you young ones, you know--Bridge Over Troubled Water--Sounds of Silence--Hello, Mrs. Robinson--the Art Garfunkel of Simon and Garfunkel!!!

He was great!! He sang new songs, old songs, his wife sang (he obviously loves her--she used to have a punk rock band) and his son sang. James Garfunkel has hair just like his dad used to have, and he looks about 12 or 13 and sang quite well--just one song!

It was a great evening, and the program by the Knoxville Pops Symphony Orchestra was also great! A good time was had by all!!

We had sun all day today--hooray!

I'm still in a creative pause, but I'm feeling the urge!!

Enough exclamation points--I'm going to try to calm down and go to bed--wish me luck.:)

AWAYTC! See ya'll later, I'm sure LOL

Lyn

taghera
05-10-2003, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by artmom

He sang new songs, old songs, his wife sang

Are all the dams dry then??? LOL..:D :D :D :evil: :evil:

artmom
05-10-2003, 12:51 AM
:confused: Tag, afraid you've lost me????
Lyn

taghera
05-10-2003, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by artmom
:confused: Tag, afraid you've lost me????
Lyn

Ok...soooo....it hasn't rained lately in your area...so you went to try and help it rain?....right???...otherwise why go to hear such nonsense....

Ohhh boys...I'm in trouble again.....right????LOL..:D :D :D :evil: :evil:

Nandie
05-10-2003, 03:19 AM
Good morning, Tag & Lyn... off to a great start already I see...:evil: Lyn, I used to listen to Simon & Garfunkel all the time - especially loved their recording from the concert in Central Park.:)

Well I was just starting to read this thread a half hour ago when my youngest son (he's 12) came downstairs crying from his bed... he just came home from a dance tonite (it's still night time here!) and he's heart-broken because his little girlfriend, who's just an absolute sweet-heart (I love her, wish they were old enough to get married LOL!) is moving back to Australia after being here in Canada for a year. She leaves in 3 weeks!! What a bummer!!!! So I've just spent the last half hour hugging and consoling him... his first heart-break. **sigh** Young love - what's a mother to do!?!

Well, I'll check in later when I get up in about 10 hours! Have a creative day!

:cat:

rks
05-10-2003, 03:33 AM
Morning All, Lyn, wish we could have been at that concert with you tonight. Andrea, what a touching story about your son's first heartbreak - sigh. Had a really good day, including another session working on my husband's portrait. This one has been in the works forever, but it's a face I know so well that it has been extra challenging to paint. Just a tad more to do - eyes, minor shadows and finally the background. But off to bed for me.

Happy painting.

Roberta

Flattwo
05-10-2003, 03:39 AM
Hi

:music: Cecilia I'm down on my knees, begging you please to come home....come on home :music:

I liked them...well some of it..lol

lovely sunny day here...off to play a round of a game where we wear strange coloured pants and make sandcastles!

I hope everyone has the day you hoped for

Flattwo

madmum
05-10-2003, 04:33 AM
Morning!!!!!!

Henry send that sun back down here where it belongs!!!!! off to play a round of a game where we wear strange coloured pants and make sandcastles!
This needs further explanation, please! :evil: Photos would be great ;) lol

Lyn that sounds like a wonderful evening, lucky you :)

Tag I guess you don't like Simon and Garfunkel? lol

Andrea how sad :( They'll have to keep in touch through email or snail mail. My boy is very good friends with a neighbours daughter, but I hope it doesn't end up serious or he'll never have any money! lol

Roberta, is your husbands portrait watercolour? Would love to see it :)

Well I haven't picked up a paintbrush all week, so today I really HAVE to paint.

Anybody got good photos of white lilies they could share with me? Nephew got engaged and I promised them a painting but can't find a ref. image I like :(

Hugs
Ruth

tigre255
05-10-2003, 06:12 AM
Morning all WC'vers and all to come.....

Lyn ignor Taghera, has no taste for music..........:rolleyes:

Ruth......hope you fine a good photo.....(do a WIP, if you do):D

Well it's still dark outside, but as soon as the sun comes up, will be outside mowing the yard.......was going to do it yesterday but it was so hot and humid decided to wait for eary morning to tackle it.....

Also hope to start a new painting later today too........

Will check back later.....

BobH
05-10-2003, 06:24 AM
Good morning all!

Lyn, I'm a little jealous. Simon and Garfunkel was always one of my favorite duos.

Hopefully the weather will clear today. It's been a very cold, raw, wet spring here. Last year dry, this year wet, guess it all evens out over time.

I cannot believe how busy I have been lately. Between observing in a middle school every day, attending classes at night, getting all the reading and papers done, working on a group project and studying for a second licensing test, I have not had time to draw a calm breath in weeks!! Changing careers is a lot of work! :p

All my new watercolors are still sitting patiently in their tubes wondering why Bob took them from their tube brothers and sisters. I still have not sat down with them and thrown them on some paper. I was hoping for this weekend but the paper I was going to write last night got postponed as I went to one of my daughter's senior class activities. So today that paper has to be done, in between going to a job fair this morning and working on a group project this afternoon. And oh, yeah, I have to buy some plants and get our pots going to liven up in front of our porch.

My grandmother used to say that "idle hands are the devil's workshop" so I figure I'm marching with the saints right now! :D :evil: :angel:

Well, it's 6:20am, time to get to work, enough of this lolly-gagging!!

Have a great weekend everybody!

Bob

Olga
05-10-2003, 06:42 AM
Hi all,
Lyn--glad you had such a great time at the concert. It's a sort of music that really brings back college memories... and it spans generations, too: last year at Christmas, my mom and my daughter (so a grandmother & a granddaughter) inadvertently exchanged the same Paul Simon CDs as presents since they discovered at some point that they both like him...

Bob--you do sound busy but it sounds like you are enjoying it! And we need good teachers. Hope you get to paint again soon.

Andrea--Shame about your son's friend... as they grow up there is less and less we can do to "make it better," but lots of hugs seems like the best recipe under the circumstances...

OK--it's past noon and lovely weather in Amsterdam and time for me to do some minor housekeeping before going on to paint the Paris scene I started last night... Wonder if I could paint sitting out on the balcony....

AWWHA (all who were here already) and AWAYTC--have a sunny Saturday

Olga

artmom
05-10-2003, 06:42 AM
Tag--:rolleyes: :p You're just not old enough to appreciate them!!LOL

Nandie, it hurts when they're hurt, doesn't it? Take care.

Roberta, wish you could have been there, too! Can't wait to see DH portrait.:)

Henry, hope you enjoyed your golf--and "Cecilia" brought down the house:D

Ruth, thanks--a good luck on painting!

Barb, I agree re: Tag--don't work too hard:)

Bob, wish you could of been there--sounds like you are deep into life--isn't it wonderful!!!!

Later.

Lyn

painterbear
05-10-2003, 07:51 AM
Good morning to all,

Only 7:30 a.m. in my neck of the woods, but it is already 72°F (around 22°C). Today is supposed to be a real humid, hot, muggy day with thunderstorms on and off. The grass and veggies and flowers love it, I don't!

Lyn, Your evening with Garfunkel et al sound like it was a lot of fun. I always liked S & G music. Cecilia was one of my special favorites, I'll bet the crowd went crazy (in a gentile way, of course ;) )

Andrea, Glad your son was able to turn to you for comfort at this time. Young love can be so-o-o painful. That's what Mom's are there for, isn't it.

Bob, You sure are a busy person--I hope you enjoy teaching after going through all this effort to be certified!

Olga, I look forward to seeing Paris through your painting.

I'm working on another painting for the Challenge 2 project. It is another Morrocan scene. I have it drawn out and will put some paint on it today. I'm going to try to be a little looser and less detailed in this one, not an easy thing for me.

To AWWHA and AWAYTC, have a happy day painting or puttering or whatever you get up to. See you later.

Uschi
05-10-2003, 08:15 AM
Good Morning Everyone!!!
Just took a vioxx (antiinflamatory) so I'll be moving like a spring chicken while spreading marure all through my garden.

Lyn, so glad you had fun, yes Cecilia would never fail to get me up and hopping around my kitchen.

Ruth, I have pictures of white easter lilies, let me know if you want some, apart from that any other lilies will do too, just copy the shading and not the colour.

Nandy, oh dear, this is one bad aspect of North American society, we move around too much. My Austrian friends can't believe how many For Sale signs are up, very unusual to move there once you have settled which is often in the old family home.

Olga, no more company??? You are FREE!!!! Looking forward to the painting of Paris.

Well, no point in wasting the effects of the vioxx, better get moving.
Have a great day everyone!!! Stay healthy!!
Uschi

CharM
05-10-2003, 08:17 AM
Good morning Washuns... It's thunderstorming again, so I can't stay on too long... Our electricity is browning down, so I expect to lose power soon... I'm not complaining about the rain (well a little) because we desperately need it... and I'm not able to do yardwork today anyway... but, what colour is the sun???

Actually, I have an all day wc workshop today... tulips on lace...

I worked on a yellow rose last night... Olga uploaded her beautiful rose pic to the RIL... It's certainly nothing like Sandy's, but it's coming... I decided at the last minute that a rose painting would be a nice gift for my Mother, but I feel like I'm rushing it...

Lyn... soo glad you enjoyed the conert! We're Oldies But Goodies!!! ...musically speaking of course...

Tag... it's the kind of music where you can understand the words being sung... LOL

Andrea... poor boy... I'm not convinced that my sons' hearts ever mended from their first heartbreak... It's such a catastrophic event...

Roberta... looking forward to your portrait post!

Henry... LOL... keep your eye on the ball... enjoy!!!!

Ruth... I'm sure I saw some white lilies in the RIL...

Tigre... be sure to wear sun screen...

Bob... it's all worth it in the end!!!

Olga... looking forward to your Paris scene... I am nearly finished the rose from your pic... It's turning out ok... I wish you had submitted it a couple of weeks ago!!!

Sylvia... have a great painting day!

Uschi... it's not raining?? Enjoy your garden work!!!

AWAYTC... enjoy a happy Saturday...

ScarletLake
05-10-2003, 08:19 AM
Happy Weekend everyone

Lyn - glad you had a good time at the concert. I love live performance. I'm 44 & the celebraties that I listened to & watched as a child are getting up there in age. I just read on the internet that Robert Conrad (actor played on Wild Wild West & Baa Baa Black Sheep) was in a car accident. Apparently he was DUI & now has some brain damage & paralysis on right side. I hated to hear that because he kept himself in such good physical shape.

Was late to art group Friday morn. My dad who is 70 diabetic etc got a reminder that he could renew his driver liscence. He wears glasses & failed the vision test at the drivers liscence office. Was told he could retake it 1 more time but if he failed they would pull his liscence. Anywho got a call from stepmom - dad thought that he could go to another office & retake test & how would they know it was his second time. Soooo I had to convince him that it is all in computer now & why take a chance on losing his liscence now since he does not even have to renew till end of June. So he now has an eye appt with eye doctor.

Have a wedding today for my sister's stepson. Going to get a haircut this morning.

Everyone have a good day

Anita

Phillip
05-10-2003, 08:22 AM
Hello World.

Hope your day has been good, Just got back from a music competition here. You know for a small city we have some of the best musicians in Bundaberg under the age of 18 in Australia.
I am proud to say my Brothers son is Now One of Australia's best Trombone player & Piano player in his age group in Australia.
We are very excited. If only you could see him play."Awesome"

He has just enrolled in one of Australia's best Music University.

Strawberry Wine
05-10-2003, 08:30 AM
Good Day to all Washers and Washis's :

Cloudy and warm in southern Ontario. +12C. We gave the grass its first cut of the season yesterday. Looks so nice and green!

Last evening we had our first fire in the Chiminnia on the deck and took the dogs for a walk down to the lake. Koty had his first swim of the season and Eve got her feet wet. The joys of summer are almost here.

Lyn: Sounds like a wonderful concert.

Andrea: The woes of adolescence. I remember being that age and boy I like very much was moving from Toronto to California. I was so sad....

I bought a full sheet of arches yesterday and was looking for a tube of Windsor violet. The fine arts school was almost out of W& N so I bought a tube of Da Vinci Mauve artist quality instead. Any comments on this brand of paint would be appreciated as they have a good stock of these paints. Large tubes for $13.43 .
Some chores first and then I may start another portrait or my first of the Challenge

AWAYTC have a great Sat or Sunday wherever you are in the world.

Gail

artmom
05-10-2003, 08:55 AM
Olga, wasn't ignoring you--we cross-posted! Actually, Simon and Garfunkel bring back memories of babies and diapers for me--I married at 17, mother at 19 and by 1963 when S & G hit the charts, I had a second child!!! I didn't graduate from college until I was 51- LOL

Painterbear, the crowd DID go crazy over "Cecilia", but in East Tennessee, we're NEVER gentile! ROFLOL

Uschi--I still "hop!"

Char, Yup!:clap:

Anita, yes, live performances are so exciting!

Hi, Phillip & Strawberry Wine!

Uschi
05-10-2003, 09:04 AM
Had to go and look at everyone's postings before I really sign off, so am very glad I checked in here for a last hurray because wanted to tell
Gail - DaVinci is excellent!!!!!!!!

Char, not raining yet but sky is turning a nasty colour and I can hear thunder in the background.

Lyn, so would I but let go of my 9 foot stereo cabinet and now have nowhere to play my old records.

Phillip - that is sooooo great!!! My son plays music too, and is pretty good at it, almost decided to go professional - almost!!!
Uschi

Little Old Lady
05-10-2003, 09:05 AM
Definitely TMR. Very foggy here this morning.
Bob I think what you are doing is wonderful and hopefully rewarding when you get into it!
You kids are all too young for may music tastes. I'm from the big band era. Bridge Over Troubled Waters was the theme for my son's prom
Hope your days are productive and fun.
JoAnn

Uschi
05-10-2003, 09:09 AM
Hi JoAnn - oooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh how I love Big Band music and ooooooooohhhhhhhhhh how I loved dancing to it!!

Definitely over and out now. Uschi

mchew
05-10-2003, 09:11 AM
Hi crazy gang,

I guess I AM too young to know Simon and Garfunkel but I do know they exist and some pretty neat songs like Hello, Mrs Robinson... nice easy listening... you would have thought that I'd be listening to chinese pop songs from Hong Kong and Taiwan... but nope, I'm into U2 (favourite), Bryan Adams, Greenday, Coldplay, Blink182 ... this kind of stuff... the only oldies I listen to now and then is the Beatles.

Anyway, enough of my music taste.... just came back from art class... painted the bridge I posted here a few weeks ago... but left it at teacher's studio cos still have a bit to touch up... will do it next week.

I'm chuffed that so many you have used my caricatures in your signatures... I don't even know if I got the likeness correct.... just glad you guys like it.

Tag, if you're reading this.... I'd LOVE to draw you if you could post a bigger photo here:D

To those who are sick, wish you speedy recovery,
To those who need hugs... ((((((YOU)))))),
To those who are not happy, think of the many friends you have in real life and here.
To those who just want to paint, well, what are you waiting for? Get those brushes wait!

Have a nice weekend, guys... :D

mchew
05-10-2003, 09:34 AM
Hi it's me again...

Does anyone know what happen to BeckyS? Haven't seen her for quite sometime. I checked her profile and found that her last post was on April 3rd.

Anyone?

lynn_cyr
05-10-2003, 09:42 AM
Good morning, my long lost friends!! :D

I miss the Daily Wash - it's been so long since I've been a "regular" here, it's killing me! LOL!

I've been a busy girl, but not busy painting. I had so many details to deal with from my accident, so that took up alot of time. I finally got my Jeep back yesterday, after almost 2 weeks of being in the shop. I'm SO HAPPY!! Never thought I'd miss a vehicle like that ;)

I've also been doing some photography here and there. Mostly for my own reference for paintings, but also as a different medium. Even dedicated a new section of my site to it. I love it!! And having a digital camera certainly helps, since you see the results of your experimentation right away.

I planted some bulbs last weekend outside - I have NO idea if I did it right, of they'll even come up. LOL!! I'm surprised I still do any gardening, since I should've given up by now. It seems that every year, I spend money on flowers, etc... and they always die. HAHAHA!! Maybe I should just give up already ;)

I'll be going up to Toronto sometime end of May/beginning of June. I can't wait!! My little brother is flying up from California with his wife and new baby, so I can't wait to see the little guy for the first time!! :p

Also got a great gift in the mail a few days ago - the portrait that Bethany did of me. I'm sure you guys have seen it in the Portrait Exchange thread, but let me tell you, it looks SO much better in real life!! I can't thank you enough, Bethany :)

I'm going to a Pastel workshop next weekend, so that should be fun!! I've done ONE pastel when I was about 10... never touched it since, so I'm really excited!

Marvin: I hear you on the music!! (well, afterall, we DO share the same birthday and year! LOL!). And I'm partial to Bryan Adams, of course ;) But I'm finding myself listening mostly to Country music lately...

Looks like it's going to be a lovely, sunny day here, which can only mean one thing: YARD SALES!! YAY! I'm the ultimate yard-saler :) Got some great finds last weekend, so I'm sure today will be another good one!

Have a great day, all!

Lynn

Olga
05-10-2003, 10:06 AM
Char--looking forward to seeing your picture of the rose. Hope you'll post it.

Uschi--yes, indeed. A weekend without company for the first time in a while--also last time for a while. A good friend visiting next weekend and the weekend after that we are going away (to Venice... I can't wait!)
Don't overdo it in the garden!!! (Still did not mail your portrait as I had no chance to go to the post office--but I will do so first thing on Monday)

Marv--I was also wondering about Becky since she was so very sick... and I remember Sarah asking about her...

Lyn--was it really 1963? Didn't realize it Garfunkel goes back that long. I must have heard their music some 10 years later... well, I guess I am just slow..

Olga

pampe
05-10-2003, 10:14 AM
Happy Saturday

Well, as a person who was at WOODSTOCK (you younguns MUST have heard of Woodstock???) I liked Simon and Garfunkel too in their day......loved Big Band Music as a kid....especially SPIKE JONES!!:D Anyone remember him?

Sunny and lovely day.....I hope to get into the garden dirt and plant my pots for the deck FINALLY.

Off to swim and then brunch with a friend...than to the nursery for annuals

THANKS TO ALL WHO HAVE SO GRACIOUSLY TRIED TO HELP ME ON MY PARIS PAINTING!!!!!

GAIL....DaVinci's are ok paints for the price.....check HANDPRINT on the specifics.....

Creative day, all

Pam

Sylvielu
05-10-2003, 10:23 AM
Good morning all! I hope all had a good Friday night and sounds like the concert was great.

I have mentioned going to California before, well its not going to happen now. My husband got laid off after only being there two weeks. We rented a place and even got phone service. I spent part of the time yesterday calling places to pick up things we didn't want to take with us.

So I'm still I'm still in Wasington. The husband will be home by Monday night.

I went to an art store yesterday. I hadn't been to that one in almost a year. I told the clerk about this site a while back and she really got so interested she was going to sign up for a project. Before she did her husband past away and she says she hasn't been in the painting mood since. So I guess there's always someone who is having a worse time.

I bought these colors: marine blue, charcoal gray, brilliant pink and blue black by Holbein and W&N. I also bought a sample pad of SCHOELLERSHAMMER Paper. It's German made. I'm wondering if anyone has used the Torchon paper? It looks pretty good.

I hope all continue to have a good weekend.

coffee_girl3000
05-10-2003, 11:06 AM
TMR!!

Glad to say the PC's working again. My TV has been broken too for a few weeks so I felt a bit bored in the house yesterday and the day before. Have not had much time to paint though. Went to beach last night, and though we were facing east the sunset was spectacular. Since it kept on raining off and on, there was a huge rainbow descending into the sea and the clouds were all orange and purple.

Yesterday was also last day of compulsory education for me! Yay! But I am going to do two more years of school to achieve A Levels. Now we are all waiting for looming exams - first is Tuesday.

Weather is hot and sunny here, after a week or so of rain. Looks like summer is just around the corner.

Have a wonderful weekend WCers :)

yahooserious
05-10-2003, 11:53 AM
Wow, I slept till 9:30, & by the time I got here I'm starting the 3rd page!!...

Nandie, heartache is no fun, no matter what age....(((((hug)))))

Wish I could respond to everyone, I'd be here all day, however ART GARFUNKLE is worth hearing anytime, any place!!!!

Daughter is car-shopping...got her settlement from the insurance and they won't let her keep the rental past monday!!! I'm furious with them...Single mother has to work, be home before bus arrives from school, and she has just today and tomorrow to find a decent used vehicle....GRRRRRR We live too far away to be any ready type of help and don't have a car to spare...

Hope everyone is having the type of weekend they hope for...(((((hugs))))) to everyone...See you guys later...

Emilie

Yorky
05-10-2003, 12:49 PM
Hi everyone - sorry I'm late!

One advantage of coming late is - you get all the daily gossip in one go! :D

Feeling a bit woosey - doc gave me some strong painkillers which contain codeine and they make me drowsy but they work! . :clap:

I'm afraid I spent the day so far shirking - watched 2 football matches on TV and read a new book by George Sear the Norfolk artist - wonderful paintings and narration.

Don't know when I'll get around to the challenge, I don't want to do much leaning over the board for a while in case I get back ache again.

Meeting up with Geof from the Wirrall in Southport next Friday - looking forward to a good natter :D

Cheers!

Doug

lyn lynch
05-10-2003, 01:07 PM
Nandie…good mommy when young man can come to you w/tears for emotional loss. Nice to hear this, so many youngsters get zero parental support/supervision.

Gail, Alex Cross uses DaVinci exclusively.

I’m w/JoAnne on music preference. Nothing like Big Band Era since BBE, imo. Special love of Glenn Miller—now that was major talent. I don’t listen to music these days, seems like the vibrations penetrate my aluminum hat and cause personality disturbances.

Had such busy emotion-filled day w/voluneer job am looking forward to downtime today. Goodwill having 50% off sale so might wander over…time to get rid of paint stained shirts, people around here think shirts are "dirty". [snort] Picked myself up another volunteer assignment, to help decorative paint some cacti, etc. on walls of group home’s dayroom. Big mouth extends to all areas of my life, not just WC! LOL

Lynn C, gee, I would love a yard sale buddy. My sis and I used to go.

Re: was it really 1963? Didn't realize it Garfunkel goes back that long. Oh, Olga…Yes, it was, and me a junior in HS…I hobbling for the analgesic… Think they burst out in 1961...

Sarah, time to take off the hat…too hot and sunny in your area.

Good day and good night. Love, Auntie.

Strawberry Wine
05-10-2003, 01:50 PM
Thanks Pam, Uschi and Fookie for feedback on Di Vinci paints.

If there good enough for Alan C., I'm happy!. Maybe the name will lend some expertise when I use them. LOL

Gail

Uschi
05-10-2003, 02:50 PM
Distant thunder moved elsewhere and so did the clouds, lovely day. Heaved and spread manure for 3 hours, a quarter of the yard is worked in. Taking a break and continuing in the evening.

Fookie - I can't stand the suspence any longeer, what is it you do in your volunteer work - yes, I know I am nosy!!!!

Sarah, contratulations on surviving another year of school, good for you going to A Level.

Lynn - where in Toronto are you heading for and for how long??? I live an hour drive away (Guelph) and Gail an hour the other way. Maybe we could meet?

Going to check out the lovely paintings now.
Uschi

Little Old Lady
05-10-2003, 03:09 PM
Back in on music update. Pam of course I remember Spike Jone but I am with Fookie.Glenn Miller was my favorite.Chattanooga ChooChho and Stirng of Pearls and on and on.
Sylvia I amsure all will eventually work out for the best. At least you didn't get moved don there!
JoAnn

lyn lynch
05-10-2003, 03:12 PM
Uschi and/or all others who may be interested:

Volunteer job is CASA [Court Appointed Special Advocate] for children who have been removed from their parental homes by the state child protection service department due to abuse/neglect. The CASA is appointed by the presiding judge to oversee that the child's interests are not lost in the family reunification process; the CASA reports directly to the presiding judge. This is an incredibly worthwhile program and many more volunteers are needed. There is an extensive b/g check and much training. Many USA states have the CASA program, if one has a bit of time and energy to share w/these children the CASA program is for you. Just contact your local state attorney general's office to see if such a program has been implemented. The child is NOT permitted in your home, except by Special Order of the court; a CASA does NOT care for the child's daily needs.

jaytee
05-10-2003, 03:12 PM
HI gang....... TMR again! Not long back from 2nd day at flower show.......... collected sculpture and bought copper babboo like water feature[expensive] to pu tover bargain[very cheap] pebble pool base. What with books and plants (10 clematis !!!!!!!! but very small ones :D) plastic cards are going to be groaning... as is my back when it comes to planting :D

Talking backs. Doug, glad pain relieved.......... try hanging painting block from ceiling and lying on back to paint. if it was good enough for Leonardo etc :evil:

One more day of outings and garden visits........... then I can concentrate on other things :D

AWAYTC

Uschi
05-10-2003, 03:26 PM
Oh Fookie WOW; now I understand why it would be very emotionally draining. I feel soooo bad for these children probably because in a way I have been in their shoes, not because of abuse but because of my mother's illness I was stuck into a convent, only 2 km away, walked past our house during outings but was not allowed to go in.I was 10 and it was very painful.
Uschi

mustcreate
05-10-2003, 04:21 PM
Hello all!!

my you are a chatty bunch today :)

far too many to respond.

beautiful sunny day today....nice and fresh with the windows wide open :)

going out for dinner tonight with friends....I am looking forward to a fun evening.

Marvin asked about BeckyS. I had PM'd her way back in April and she told me she was in poor health and was undergoing treatment. :(:( I miss her quick wit and enthusiasm. Becky if you read this please know you are in my thoughts.

have a creative day

em

M.A.
05-10-2003, 04:22 PM
Lyn, sounds like a fantastic concert, wish I could have been there.

Andrea - you sound like a great Mom! Hope your day tomorrow is perfect!

Henry - have fun golfing.

Ruth - I might have a white lily reference pic for you.

Hi Barb, Bob, Olga, Sylvia, Uschi and Char, Gail, JoAnn, Marvin, Sarah, Emilie, Doug, Auntie and Jaytee and AWAYTC.

Phillip - congrats to your brother, sounds exciting.

Sylvielu - sorry to hear you and your husband won't be going to California here's a (hug).

Hope everyone is having a great day. Looks like Marvin will get a couple of portraits of himself afterall.

:evil:

ps - got my first watercolor commission today! I'm pretty excited.

Here's a white lily from my garden in my bowl if it's of any use.http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/10-May-2003/18725-a_special_setting_for_you.jpg

Nandie
05-10-2003, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by fookie
Nandie…good mommy when young man can come to you w/tears for emotional loss. Nice to hear this, so many youngsters get zero parental support/supervision.
Love, Auntie.

Fookie, thank you... and thanks to everyone else too for giving me "mommy support"!! LOL!! Sometimes you just don't know what to say or do to help your children through things... but when all else fails, a hug and a listening ear can work wonders. He's better today, and I just helped him pick out a little necklace to give to her as a good-bye gift. I expect a lot more tears in the days to come!!! (Even my hubby & I are sad - she's such a sweet girl!!)

Thanks again!

Phillip
05-10-2003, 07:34 PM
Sorry to hear your son's girlfriend has to come back to Australia.
But hey it's great over here.

Sounds like a big gain for us.;)

Lot's of lovely & freindly people here.

You'l just have to come over here & visit her. I am sure you will like it here.

P.S Make sure you come & visit me at the Turtle Research.

Little Old Lady
05-10-2003, 08:34 PM
Fookie what a wonderful thing to do. I know it must be hard at times but you certainly are doing a great service to the children.
Meant to mention before about opening mouth and getting a job to do. I do it all of the time.
JoAnn

Nandie
05-10-2003, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by Phillip
Sorry to hear your son's girlfriend has to come back to Australia.
But hey it's great over here.

Sounds like a big gain for us.;)

Lot's of lovely & freindly people here.

You'l just have to come over here & visit her. I am sure you will like it here.

P.S Make sure you come & visit me at the Turtle Research.

Love to!!!:)

prairie painter
05-10-2003, 11:23 PM
The sun is setting where I am, so I imagine it's tomorrow already for some of you. I've been away from this forum for a month or so (time is Flying!!!)) and it's good to hear what you all are up to!
Funny, I was watching an ooold performance of Simon/Garf. just the other night, and was wondering what Art was up to (and if his hair still poked out!)
Good to hear he's still performing.
You are all such an interesting and entertaining bunch- I've got to drag myself away from mommy/garden duties to visit here more often!
Mary:cat: