GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Old Evil Eye .. Done or More Drama Needed
Year Created: 2003
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 16 x 20
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Reworked this one .. fixed the eye and added some darker coloring to the beark and backfeathers as well as squared the head a little more .. think it's done but hey .. I know the beak looks a little short but depending on the angle of the photo the beak can look over long or over short so I'm going to leave it alone .. anything else?

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
?

Luzie
05-10-2003, 12:06 AM
Great job on the eye and especially the feathers (he must have just ruffled them) and that's a big compliment as I usually for some odd reason don't like bird paintings:D

s-augustson
05-10-2003, 12:44 AM
I say 'Done'. Nice job Wayne.

bocote
05-10-2003, 01:58 AM
Those little feathers under the eyes... very very nice. In general I really like the rework. You've done well.

cant wait to see your next work.

have fun,

bocote

pero lane
05-10-2003, 08:45 AM
Wonderful rework:clap: :clap: ! You've truly captured "the look of eagles"!

mattlart
05-10-2003, 12:31 PM
I don't see HOW it could be more dramatic,.Wayne.
Although it's an eagle,..could just as well be a portrait.; an old man with tremendous character etched onto his face......
Rendered flawlessly.
Here's a suggestion: You've done a realistic, beautifully rendered portrait. What if you were to now lose some of those harder edges along the bird's profile along the lower neck?
Perhaps add suggestions of color;.or blurred shapes to the backround? I'm thinking that something left to the viewer's imagination MIGHT make this one even MORE interesting.......
Cheers....

artinoils
05-10-2003, 01:55 PM
Well done....a winner for sure.

Wayne Gaudon
05-10-2003, 09:15 PM
Luzie, s-auguston, bocote, perolane, artinoils .. thank you

Scott .. thanks for the look see and comment ..
yes I see where you are .. I need to add some feathers below the beak to round out the face so maybe I may play a little more in the area you suggested ..
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/10-May-2003/5946-eagleh.jpg

Mikey B.
05-16-2003, 12:32 AM
The one thing that drawed me immediately was where the beak contrast is , it took me away from awesome force of the whole pic which is really great,I didn't like that. I've Airbrushed a lot of eagles And i don't believe i've seen that conflict of the beak colors,They for me always seem to blend in together..All in all a powerful painting... God Bless.......its Good as this referee says:clap:

Antonella
05-16-2003, 08:39 AM
more drama than this? difficult:)

well done wayne!

Wayne Gaudon
05-16-2003, 09:27 AM
thank you both Mikey & Antonella