Dimension: 9x12
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Still playing in the flowers.....

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Your thoughts?

coulter
05-09-2003, 07:15 PM
Hey hey! You did another, and it's even better!!! In fact, this is unbelievable!! :clap: :clap:

I was going to object to the red lightning bolt, but on a second view I don't mind it at all LOL!!

Mark

Wayne Gaudon
05-09-2003, 08:00 PM
more abstract than floral which will probably make it a big hit. Like the visual complimentary battle.

Helen Zapata
05-09-2003, 09:50 PM
Yes! I love the abstract everything with the flowers just there to surprise you! Now, do it bigger! :D

Helen

Alan Cross
05-09-2003, 09:52 PM
Nice times three now do it bigger!
Alan :)

pampe
05-09-2003, 11:31 PM
the flow of color and line in this one really stuns

nice work, scott!

Pam

Luzie
05-10-2003, 12:03 AM
Peacefully wild! Love the "carved in" lines. Your color-scheme always gives my eyes places to stop and dream before moving on to explore more.

bocote
05-10-2003, 02:03 AM
this is great work. the strong use of material is very well done. not too much and not too descriptive. This piece rymthes with the rest. I thought the same thing about the red Z shape, but agree with coulter - best as is.

The last couple were my favorites. I am not totally sure why, but it may have something to do with the central location of the subject matter in this one and not much is around the edges. hmm; going to think about it and perhaps post back.

have fun,

bocote

Rosic
05-10-2003, 08:13 AM
Scott,
Your unique style lends as well to these flowers as it does to your nudes. The same qualities exist within them both.
Rosic

pero lane
05-10-2003, 08:40 AM
Breathtaking! Full of energy...very well done!:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Lid
05-10-2003, 11:21 AM
I like this a lot. Specially the triangle formed by the 3 yellow flowers. My eyes keep jumping from corner to corner.

Lidia

mattlart
05-10-2003, 11:57 AM
A merry Saturday to all.......: We woke up to a snowstorm this morning! In May....:D

Glad you stopped by to "check-it-out" Mark. I did make a few changes to this little guy;.the lightning bolt remains, although not as prominent:D On these semi-abstract pieces,..it's hard to know when to STOP!!!!:eek: :)

Thank you Wayne. A complimentary battle. I like that.
Bigger you say! Well,.....maybe,..lol. Cheers Helen:D
Alan;..Ya know ,..in THIS case BIGGER just might be better.....
Thanks Pam!Ditto Luzie!
I think (maybe):......in the attached photo,...Bocote,;...you may find the focal point not so centralized. Nevertheless;these are studies/experimental ditties,.so I'm just,as -you-say;..having fun. Thank you for your observations....
I agree, Rosic..;)
Pero Lane:.....Shucks,...thank you.
Hi Lidia: ....Yes,..I think that it's a good thing to have enough interest within a painting to keep the eyes moving;...but returning to a particularly detailed, or colorful area,.....even in a painting that balances along the edge of abstraction;.as this one does. Cheers!-Scott

Helen Zapata
05-10-2003, 12:53 PM
ooooo.. it's even BETTER now! I like the added yellow flower, and although I enjoyed the lightning bolt, it looks better with a bit of "smearing" (note: artsy techspeak).

You've got a winner here, Scott. Pat yourself on the back!

Helen .. who really IS going to get off this pc now because I'm dying to paint this morning :D

artinoils
05-10-2003, 01:33 PM
Scott, I dunno about "delicate" more like "explosion of ..."LOL Didn't expect this at all.
Don't do flowers...ha...these are lovely and loose.
Wasn't sure about the background cool blue but stepping back convinced me it works.

woodguy
05-10-2003, 07:03 PM
I am usually not able to appreciate abstract pieces by looking at them on the computer screen. This one at first didn't do much for me, but I have come back to it several times and the last time I had to walk away from the computer and when I came back and saw it on the screen from across the room......BINGO!!!! Very good. Jim

artbabe21
05-10-2003, 10:28 PM
the other one was a RIOT of color!! But Jim had already stolen my phrase on the other so I will use it here.....LOVE this for the riot of color it is.....the abstractedness is a real bonus...:)

mattlart
05-11-2003, 12:35 PM
Thanks everyone for commenting. I've got to say;..for some reason,..this painting won't allow itself to be photographed well,..so basically,....LOL!~!!! -you'll never know what it really looks like..;)

Anyway,...glad that you are home Cath;...NOW I'm looking forward with anticipation to YOUR next work. I have no doubt that you thoroughly enjoyed your trip.......

Ya know Jim,..; these little floral paintings are probably the most "intuitive" that I've ever done. They didn't start out as intentionally abstract; they sort of "evolved".(a fancy way of saying:.."I added color,texture,and shapes until i sort of liked what was staring back at me":)) Glad you enjoy her.

Helen...: Jeez,..I LOVE "Arsty Techspeak"!!!! If i ever get around to writing a book,..;it will be FILLED TO OVERFLOWING with the stuff. Merci Beaucoupe

Hi Sue.............; the colors aren't all that accurate here. In reality;..the painting has more of a 'raspberry' color feel to it. Thank you for taking time to peek. Byebye, -S