PDA

View Full Version : Daily tail 05/9/03

ironhorse
05-09-2003, 11:17 AM
Hay gang!

I wont be here much today I have to go to work. :p
I'm hoping to have time to post some updates before I go. I got Star finished...I think;)

A bit of good new is that I sold Baby Face. through the Harness Tracks of America on line gallery. And they paid for it to be shipped UPS to them! Not a lot of money but some to help me pay for the show I'm going to be doing at Spruce Meadows this summer.

One thing I've been thinking about is that I think it's time we had Larry and Leaflin look into setting us up a hall of fame. I think there are some really good WIP's and threads that we could put in it. Some place to point new people and a easier way to find the good threads here.

What do you guys think??

Twyla

Crias
05-09-2003, 11:28 AM
Sounds like a great idea Twyla about the hall of fame.

Yesterday started out cool and damp, but got nicer in the afternoon, so I took a trip to the zoo. There were few people there and the animals were really out and about, including many that usually are not when many people are around. I got some great photos (only took 270 of them), which I was really happy about. You can check some of them out in the photography forum.

echidna
05-09-2003, 12:21 PM
uh-oh. this thread gives me the opportunity to vent:eek: . i am currently unable to move due to a disagreement between myself, two stubborn horses, an irresponsible rider, and gravity. in other words, i hit the ground yesterday. hard. on my back. grrr.... so i've not been doing much...maybe i'll work on my jousting pic today if i stop feeling sorry for myself long enough:rolleyes: . good news is, the sun is shining here...maybe i'll sit outside for a bit...
~Echidna

Leaflin
05-09-2003, 04:41 PM
Hi everyone :)
:clap: Congratulations on your sale Twyla :clap:

I like the idea of the "Hall Of Fame" too.
I'll check with Larry and Gisela to see what they think.

Cathy, I'll go look at your zoo photos as soon as I finish posting this.
Sounds like you had a great time!

Sorry about your fall Echidna.
Hope you will be feeling better soon.

I have spent most of the day getting ready to go camping the end of next week.
I'm looking forward to relaxing and painting.

She-She
05-09-2003, 05:14 PM
Hi all, tis the afternoon here.
It's not nice out today. still very cool, too cold for me to go out for a ride. It's been like this for a week, but at least we didn't get the snow that Calgary got & other parts of Alberta. Snow in May...:rolleyes: go figure.

I'm trying to finish up my CP piece for a local art show on Monday. I'm almost done.

Hey Twyla, when are you going to be at Spruce Meadows? I was there twice last year. I really need to go back, I never got to see everything. Both times I missed the art exibits. :rolleyes: Too much to see, so little time. Oh, but the photos that I got. I was quite happy with myself.

Cathy....270 pictures of the zoo!!!! I have to go take a look. I saw the lion photos in the image library. Very nice, good close ups too.

Echidna....yup, I've been there too. he he he. Hope your feeling better soon

Suzy78
05-09-2003, 06:06 PM
Ahhh....finally...all done taking finals for the semester, and all done giving finals...and thanks be to god that I don't have to grade the finals I gave...just needed to proctor them for the prof.

Time for a glass of wine and a movie and putting the kid to bed early! (And maybe me and the hubby too! ;)

Suzy

shedreamsbig
05-09-2003, 07:21 PM
What a week!

I have been busy! But I look Forward to resting this weekend!

I hope you have a great weekend!!

Christina

inkskin
05-09-2003, 08:46 PM
WooHoo!!
I am officially on my 2 week vacation!:) I haven't had a vacation in 6 years,so I am ready. We are doing a road trip,from Cali to Memphis to see my family,lots of stops at zoos along the way. Leaving bright and early in the morning.

Congrats on the sale Twyla!:clap: I wouldn't mind a hall of fame.

Cathy,250 photos!!Wow,I'm definitely going to see what you captured. I hope to be half as productive as you. I am sure glad that there is a delete option with digital:)

Take care of yourself this weekend,echidna. This is not the time of year to be unable to be out and about.

Leaflin,have a great camping trip!

SheShe,good luck at the CP show:D

Suzy,Christina,have a great weekend!

Heather

ironhorse
05-10-2003, 10:07 AM
Well as luck would have it I have to work again today. Lucky for my pocketbook ;) ;) Big sale day tho:p

Crias I'm guessing you have a good digital camera?? Thats a lot of photos!!

echidna get better soon! It's been a loooong time since I fell off a horse. Don;t care to do it again soon either;) ;)

Leaflin lucky you! I love camping Hubby hates it So I have not been in years! Be sure to show us some of your relaxin paintings.

She she. I'm doing the Art O Canada show during the North American show. They upped the prices a lot so I'm doing it with a friend uner the name "Unbridled Imagery" LMK if your coming and we'll hook up.

Suzy: Congrats on being done! How old is your kidlet?? I actually thought you were quite a bit younger. The mystery of the Internet I guess.
:eek:

Heather I want to see your relaxin stuff too!;) ;)

TTYAL
Twyla

Leaflin
05-10-2003, 11:29 AM
Hi Guys :)
I'm just poping in real quick between thunderstorms.
We had one this morning that fried my surge protector so I best get off before another one comes.

Gisela and Larry are going to give us a sticky thread which will be like a "Hall of Fame" only better.
I'll start a search for neat stuff that we have in here as soon as these storms let up.
If you have any favorites let me know so I can check it out.

Just heard another clapper so I'm out of here.

*Leaflin hits submit then rushes to unplug her computer*