PDA

View Full Version : Amazing, Incredible News!

jackiesimmonds
05-09-2003, 05:16 AM
I have to say a huge thank-you to all those who encouraged me to have a go an becoming a member of the Pastel Societ of America.

Not only have I been accepted, but..........wait for it.........first time round, they elected me a SIGNATURE MEMBER, which means I am now JACKIESIMMONDS PSA.

I am really thrilled. It is all down to you people. What a wonderfully supportive bunch you are.

It is great to be going in to my exhibition next week, with this wonderful accolade to shout about. I am now going to produce a flyer to put on display in the gallery. HOORAY!!!

Jackie PSA.

:clap:

E-J
05-09-2003, 05:22 AM
Jackie ~ Fantastic news! :clap: :clap: :clap:

A thoroughly well-deserved accolade.

So do we address you as 'Your Excellency' now? :D

jackiesimmonds
05-09-2003, 05:53 AM
thanks EJ.

and yes, "Your Excellency" will do just fine.

Jackie:p

soap
05-09-2003, 06:07 AM
Your excellency - Congratulations!!!!!! So well deserved!
(now you can say 'HA!' to the British society with your nose up in the air)

Great great great
Good news!

zilloot
05-09-2003, 06:14 AM
Your Excellency Most Regent

may your humble minion just say YYAAA hOOOO

all over again.....
:clap::clap: :clap:

That's just fantastic

Smudger
05-09-2003, 06:16 AM
Oh well done Jackie, great news indeed:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: well deserved:clap:

gmc
05-09-2003, 06:57 AM
Congratulations Jackie.....well deserved!!!!!!!

geri

Sueb
05-09-2003, 07:07 AM
Jackie, This is wonderful news. You really deserve this honor.

Sue

oramasha
05-09-2003, 07:36 AM
Hooray! Excellent news! Congratulations! ;) :D

doe
05-09-2003, 08:31 AM
Congrats Jackie PSA! :)

mhimeswc
05-09-2003, 08:36 AM
Congratulations Jackie! I'm truly happy for you.

Michelle

meowmeow
05-09-2003, 10:10 AM
Fantastic! Not that I am the least bit surprised...they obviously know a good thing when they see it.
Congratulations, it is very well deserved Your Excellency....gee...it's hard typing from this bowing down position though!

Sandy

:clap:

nancymae
05-09-2003, 10:43 AM
Jackie...you soooooo totally deserve this......your paintings are incredible....as well as your promotion of the medium...and helping all of us out!!! I LOVE your videos.....and am glad to you are here at Wet Canvas!!! My husband watched the videos with me the first time through...and he said, "You TALK right to her on Wet Canvas?????" I said, "Yep....she is a wonderful help to everyone there!!".

Congrats again on your well-deserved honor!!! Can't wait to see your next painting with PSA written after your name!!! You will have to show it to us all!!!

Thanks again for the videos.....they are GREAT!!!!

Nancy

crumbedbrains
05-09-2003, 10:59 AM
Well d'uh . . the obvious just happened!!
Well done . .er . . Your Pastelness!!
Crumby

jackiesimmonds
05-09-2003, 11:06 AM
Crumby - I like that - your pastelness - really made me:p

thanks everyone else too. I am covered in blushingness.

Jackie:evil: (me, blushing.)

bnoonan
05-09-2003, 12:52 PM
We honor you here - it's no wonder they honor you with a title!!!

Congratulations. You worked hard for it and it was recognized!!!

Savor the glory!!! (ok that's enough - back to work!!!) It's time to remove the blushingness and put pastel dust on your face.

:D :D :D

Way to go!!!

Barb

angeline
05-09-2003, 01:55 PM
Wonderfull news......I like the your pastelness......lol
You go get em!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

jackiesimmonds
05-09-2003, 01:59 PM
thanks Hayley and Bev et al.

If anyone else answers this after this post of mine, please do bear in mind that while it is daytime for you, over this side of the pond we are all in bed...so I may not get around tothanking until the morning, our time.

Oooer - that is presumptuous of me. Clearly my new-found "fame" is going to my head. Maybe no-one else will reply............................

Kathryn Wilson
05-09-2003, 02:05 PM
I'll reply, your Pastelness, well-deserved! I am new to this Board and to WC, but I already know the depth of your help and kindness to all on this Board.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Luvy
05-09-2003, 03:02 PM
I hope she doesn't become upity now LOL Congrats Well deserved *S* And I love your videos *S*:clap:

flower
05-09-2003, 04:20 PM
Hi Jackie,

Just want to say Congratulations, and i would put the price up of the ballerina now that you are a PSA!!!!!!!!!!

rd2ruin
05-09-2003, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by jackiesimmonds

Oooer - that is presumptuous of me. Clearly my new-found "fame" is going to my head. Maybe no-one else will reply............................

Congrads, Jackie PSA. Is there anything better than the feeling your head is so big it can't fit through the door? I'm like that everyday LOL

:clap: :clap:

I wish PSA stood for "Pretty Stupid Artist" so I could get one :rolleyes:

Cheers!
- Greg

Drumbeat-trish
05-09-2003, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by rd2ruin

Cheers!
- Greg

LOL -I'm with you Greg :D

Your supreme pastelness Jackie PSA - congratulations-very very very very well deserved !!!!!!!!!* Worships the ground you just walked on* :)
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

sandge
05-09-2003, 06:27 PM
Ha ha! One in the eye for those old codgers at the FBA!

Many congratulations! Very well deserved! :D

Mo.
05-09-2003, 08:58 PM
A very well derserved honour Jackie.... Sock it to all those stuffed shirts over here...yeah!.. Congratulations..yer Pastelness. :cat: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Originally posted by rd2ruin

Cheers!
- Greg

ROTFLMAOOOOOOOOO Me too Greg...and I'm never, ever gonna argue with you.... :D :evil: :D

Congrats Jackie.

cheers,
Mo.

Dima
05-09-2003, 08:59 PM
Congratulations Jackie!
You well deserved it.

Dick

DeeP
05-09-2003, 09:30 PM
Congratulations to you Jackie! You are truly an amazing incredible artist, deserving the honor of signature member. Americans recognize beautiful talented art when they see it!

Doogun
05-09-2003, 10:49 PM
My Lady Jackie,
We are all so very proud of you and also very proud to be associated with you! You need an American flag by your name to go along with the Union Jack.
Larry

jackiesimmonds
05-10-2003, 02:21 AM
wow, more replies! thanks so much folks, most appreciated.

Still feeling a little overwhelmed, but secretly thrilled to bits.

Jackie

djstar
05-10-2003, 03:21 AM
...if I decide to try too, can you write me a letter of recommendation......

I am way to neurotic to try and I admire you so for your determination, your love of the medium and you devotion to spreading the fairy dust of pastel!

In awe, your lowly and obedient...
dj*

jackiesimmonds
05-10-2003, 03:41 AM
DJ - where neurotic is concerned, they broke the mould after they made me!!

OF COURSE you should try. What is the worst thing that could happen? They reject you. But this doesn't mean you cannot try again, and again and again. On the other hand, you might make associate member.......or you might just do as i did, and make full member!

You only have to send in a few trannies, plus your CV. I think pehaps I received my award because my CV shows that Ihave been pastelling for a long time and have exhibted all over the place. You are every bit as talented as I am ....if not more so, your portraits and figures are fantastic and I couldn'[t do half as well.........so if you weren't accepted, it might only be because of other factors and would not be because you aren't an excellent pastellist.

However, as I have said before....nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Put aside that neurosis, and have a go. Tell no-one, and be prepared to celebrate if it happens for you.

Jackie

sandge
05-10-2003, 05:57 AM
Do you have to participate in the PSA exhibitions? Are you planning to send in any paintings to them?

<------------also thinks dj* should go for it! :)

Lulu
05-10-2003, 07:05 AM
And I'm dancin' Down Under again......:D

congratulations Jackie, well deserved as others have already said.
Couldn't have happened to a nicer lady.

jackiesimmonds
05-10-2003, 10:44 AM
thanks again folks.

Sandra.........I would rather like to participate, but not sure how to go about it. Do I take my pastels there, I wonder, or do I ship them? I will worry about it as and when. Wht would you do, seeing as you are UK based?

Jackie

MarciaJane
05-10-2003, 10:54 AM
Congratulations - great news Jackie - an honour greatly deserved!! Well done! :)

Marcia

djstar
05-10-2003, 12:39 PM
If you ship regularly they have a handler and you can enter. THAT I did... of course while visiting the show they sort of took out the Trade Center so I have not been invited back.... There are members only shows but the one I got into was the Pastels Only! which they do in September.
... hmmm... you could always schedule your holiday in the Big Apple as they hang only a few days before the opening and bring it in the cargo hold! You may even enquire about doing a demo or a workshop for them???!!!!
Off to the beach. Catch you all tomorrow!
dj*

sandge
05-10-2003, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by jackiesimmonds
Wht would you do, seeing as you are UK based?
I don't know. That's what keeps me from doing it! :)

I think dj is right about finding a good shipping company.

Also, in the UK many exhibitions will not accept work under glass when it is not proper glass. I hope someone will correct me if I am wrong, but in the US I think it is quite usual to submit works which are under plexi? That would, I imagine, make shipping easier.

edencompton
05-10-2003, 10:28 PM
Congratulations, Jackie! I am a semi-lurker but I'm also a big fan of your work. I always read through the pastel threads for your generous tips and instructions. I know what an honor it is to not only get into PSA but become a signature member as well! Congratulations again!!

angecald
05-11-2003, 01:37 AM
Congratulations, Jackie! Wwonderful news. So happy you tried, and not at all surprised the PSA leaped at the chance to have you join them.:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

butterfly
05-11-2003, 02:25 AM
Your "PASTELNESS" ... a well deserved honor .... and as all before me have said ... it is our great honor to have you on "WC" to share your knowledge and know-how ... you are a great artist and more importantly to me ... a great teacher of your art....

Thank you Jackie ... you are such a giving person!

Congratulations,
Butterfly/Roni
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Mikki Petersen
05-11-2003, 12:32 PM
Congratulations! It warms my heart to hear the PSA has acknowledged your great talent and contributions to the medium and to art. Poop on the noses of those stuffy British Society people!

Katherine J
05-12-2003, 02:06 AM
I've been away 4 days and come back to see this incredible news, Jackie. Actually, incredible is the wrong word, because it's very credible in your case. Good for you for tyring and absolutely great for you for getting your designation right away. You must be over the moon. How nice too that you can take advantage of it with your show.

Katherine

louiethe_cat
05-12-2003, 09:15 AM
like the general consensus is, this is only an appropriate event, something that should have taken place many moons ago...now mail a copy of the acceptance to the UK society...hee hee:D
Congratulations!

Shari
05-12-2003, 12:11 PM
Congrats Jackie, you so deserve this, I hope this means you will be coming to the USA more often! Thanks for the videos, they are wonderful! Now I feel like I know who I am talking to.

Shari

rwhale
05-12-2003, 12:22 PM
Congratulations, Jackie!! This is a very-well deserved honor for you! Your skill and determination have paid off again!! Well done!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

-Roger

CarlyHardy
05-12-2003, 12:30 PM
Jackie,
I'm so happy for you!!!! and really pleased that you decided to submit your work to PSA! Your contributions here at WetCanvas are invaluable to all of us! Thank you so very much for being the sharing caring artist that you are.....carly

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Jakeally
05-12-2003, 03:13 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: Congratulations Jackie....you really deserve this honour.....may you go from strength to strength:D
I can't tell you how much your book has helped me with my pastel work and also all your fabulous tips in the forum....thank you so much.
Hehehehehe....I think you are going to be known as Your Pastelness from now on:D :D

Artaholic
05-13-2003, 02:15 AM
Jackie , been away for a while so missed your announcement!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Couldn't happen to a nicer person and well deserved too!!

Gerry

Craig Houghton
05-13-2003, 03:00 AM
congrats! does this mean we don't get free advice anymore? ;)

Artistammy
05-13-2003, 07:09 PM
Congratulations! I've been away & just saw this. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

JustjoGA
05-13-2003, 07:41 PM
Better late than never.... Congratulations, Jackie... your advice on WC is always well founded and to the point... Your generosity in sharing your skills and knowledge are greatly appreciated....

Bravo!