PDA

View Full Version : I can't find the grape jam!

Sylvielu
05-08-2003, 10:43 PM
But I did find a lot of RED Jelly....I had to do the big discovery. this is on Arches Carnet de Voyage Travel Book 6 x 10 14o lb cp paper.

Here's my version of BIG RED.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-May-2003/2752-Jelly.JPG

CharM
05-08-2003, 11:21 PM
Hi Sylvielu... firstly, I have to say that it's been a very long day for me... I travelled almost 15 hours to get home, so I'm a little bleary eyed...so please forgive me for being a little dull tonight... Is this a jam pot? I'm not exactly sure what I'm looking at... The shadow on the bowl is great... The red is a lovely colour... What's it all doing?

artmom
05-08-2003, 11:48 PM
Char, I think it is a jelly fish--is that right? Sylvieliu, are my eyes any better than Char's? :confused:

Lyn

CharM
05-09-2003, 06:47 AM
:o :o :o :o :o
Sylvielu.... I'm soooooooo embarassed!!! And sorry!!!! Of course, that's EXACTLY what it is!!!!! I'm a little more awake this morning!!!!! You painted the WORLD'S BIGGEST JELLYFISH!!!! It's a good thing I went to bed... I should have gone before I commented on your picture!!!!!

The "bowl" (body) still has beautiful shadows. And the colour is still beautiful!!!... now the blue background makes absolute sense! I can't keep up with your creative imagination!!! You always have so many good ideas!

bluesrbest
05-09-2003, 09:44 AM
I have the same travel books - but I've never painted anything as nice as this in one. Love the color and the light touch on this one (and the sense of humor!). Did you see one of these on your travels?
______
Rhonda

Sylvielu
05-09-2003, 09:54 AM
Good morning! Char yes Artmom is right. It's a red jellyfish and a new find for the science/biology world.

Rhonda, nice to meet you. I'm originally from Kentucky also. I saw this creature on yesterday's tv news. It was getting late and I wanted to paint something. The jelly fish motivated me.

Also they found it off the coast of California. Looks like I be making my new home in California soon if all goes well. Maybe they'll have one of these in an aquarium there after they figure out how to capture it.

bluesrbest
05-09-2003, 12:47 PM
Sylvielu, we must have seen the same news program - I saw this new discovery, too. Glad to meet another Kentucky girl!
______
Rhonda
:cat: