PDA

View Full Version : Complete failure

Arcanjo
05-08-2003, 06:45 PM
:( I was trying something completly different but suddendly I lost control of my washes and I just spoiled everything....
Coud Have been good.
May be I give another try:)
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-May-2003/12667-preto01.jpg

drwells
05-08-2003, 07:14 PM
Oh MJ! I wish I could do as good as your failures. What is wrong with it? Since I do not do washes I'm not sure.

Danny

Phillip
05-08-2003, 07:19 PM
I agree with Danny.
Where is the failure?

MonicaB
05-08-2003, 08:22 PM
MJ, I think this is beautiful. I love the soft background -- it looks like fabric -- and the soft backlighting on the head.

jjsangel
05-08-2003, 11:06 PM
Hey MJ. I think it looks good. The background looks like sunlit clouds to me and I think she/he has an interesting look. What do you think is wrong with it? I like it..

gillyvu
05-08-2003, 11:28 PM
I don't see any failure :)! Yet, whatever you see, now you know, so you will learn from your mistakes... unles you're really stubborn..like me. Every piece of art you make however small, or unimportant will effect your work.

seejay
05-09-2003, 05:39 AM
I don't see a complete failure! Lots of positives here.

If it doesn't fit your vision have another go, MJ!;)

Cheers

Studio224
05-09-2003, 09:58 AM
Let me concur, if my failures were THAT good....

You have modelled that head very very well, what do you see as failure?

Oldthumbs
05-09-2003, 10:01 AM
Personal vision is an interesting thing. When we start a drawing, we have an idea of what we want to accomplish. Sometimes we succeed, sometimes things change and we take it in a different direction, sometimes we fail. But these successes and failures are in our eyes. Obviously from the responses you have here, your failure is personal - it didn't come out the way you wanted.

I don't see a failure here either. So don't be so rough on yourself. If nothing else, you learned something new.

els
05-09-2003, 10:17 AM
I echo all the others. It's perfect... Of course, a new version would please we all as well :D :D :D

Arcanjo
05-09-2003, 10:39 AM
:) Thank you all my Friends! It is in fact a failure because I could not control my washes as I wanted and so I had to change the light.But youare also right: The modelation is there andI learned something...If nothing more I learned to be humble LOL

Thank you and a «««««««««««««HUG»»»»»»»»»»»»»»

MJ

artdude
05-09-2003, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by Oldthumbs
Personal vision is an interesting thing. When we start a drawing, we have an idea of what we want to accomplish. Sometimes we succeed, sometimes things change and we take it in a different direction, sometimes we fail. But these successes and failures are in our eyes. Obviously from the responses you have here, your failure is personal - it didn't come out the way you wanted.

The above quote by Oldthumbs is so true. That is why we are our own worst critics :) I have done quite a few drawings that I just gave away because the end result was not what I was trying to achieve. To me it was terrible but to others....they LOVED IT!! :D:)

MJ as you can see we ALL like what you have done with this :D:) Keep going!! I like the fact that we can post what we think are failures and get some support and advice in this WONDERFUL forum. Look forward to seeing your next wash!! :D:D:D:D:D

:clap: :cat: :clap:

cnfwriter
05-09-2003, 12:20 PM
Actually, I like it. Washes often seem to come out better when uncontrolled. Loose and uncontrolled are marks of someone gaining enough confidence to let go. I say, well done!! :clap: :clap:

mel-ink
05-09-2003, 02:07 PM
Yep, what they all said! I think it's wonderful as well!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Jakeally
05-12-2003, 05:00 AM
Me too...... I love it:D
It is an awful feeling when you think you have overworked or lost your way or something didn't go to plan....I know that feeling very well:rolleyes: :D