PDA

View Full Version : Still life with jars

Paulo
05-08-2003, 01:28 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/05-08-2003/3328_jpegstilllifewithjars_copy.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Still life with jars
Year Created: 2000
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 30 x 40 inches
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
This is my first time in the wetcanvas forum. I hope all of you enjoy my piece. ( if not just tell me why!) if you want to see some more of my work visit me at http://www.artdetails.com or if you want to receive a personal critique of your work by me and make a new friend you can send me an email with a picture your work a [email protected] :)

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
I would like to know what is the feeling that this painting has in you, and how would you make it better. You can tweak it in photoshop if you want!!

jerryW
05-08-2003, 01:49 PM
great surfaces.
a flower bed garden of watering cans is tracking the sun with spouts.

s-augustson
05-08-2003, 02:12 PM
wow! still life and landscape together. such attention to detail it was a pleasure to view. looking at your site also. a lot more wonderful works.

Gilberte
05-08-2003, 02:57 PM
This composition is sooooooo unusual ............:clap:

mattlart
05-08-2003, 08:32 PM
Initially,..as your image came up...; I had that typical "WOW,..it looks like a photograph" reaction which must be the most common reaction to your work;.....if the majority of it is done with such precision.
Then,..on a more aesthetic level, I found my self enjoying the harmony and similarity of color between the objects and the landscape. Interesting how you chose to line them up ;....all pointing out of the scene: yet with the variety of sizes,..various states of wheathering;..and consistent lighting;........it all works so nicely.
Superreal,..yet peaceful and interesting. Nice Work...

woodguy
05-08-2003, 09:45 PM
I will repeat the above mentioned "WOW's"! The composition is very dynamic and I like your palette. Also, there is more good stuff on your website! Jim

Paintonbrush
05-09-2003, 11:25 AM
Wow-most agreeable, hold much interest. the landscape dreamy, the water cans perfect. bravo

pero lane
05-09-2003, 11:25 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap: Wow from me too...beautiful!

Niv
05-09-2003, 12:15 PM
I just checked out your site. Great stuff. I like your still lifes but my favorite is The Secret. Great atmospere.

HRobinson
05-09-2003, 02:02 PM
... but it seems to have been set in a studio and not outdoors. The contrived composition (having all the spouts pointed in the same direction) gives this work a sense of monotony in the tone of its subjectivity. The larger can on the right as it points to the tree in the corner, leads the viewer right out of the frame. I feel as if there are too many cans and as such, has only added to the confusion rendered by the many spouts. The coloration and form rendering are as good as I have ever seen. The theme is excellent and subject matter is very well done. -Harry

M.A.
05-09-2003, 10:07 PM
Stunning! The way you've captured the light is brilliant. Excellent first post.:clap:

Alan Cross
05-09-2003, 10:10 PM
Nice collection of watering cans and very well painted!
Alan :)

pampe
05-09-2003, 11:35 PM
wonderful capture of light and balance

:clap:

WELCOME!

Pam

bocote
05-10-2003, 02:19 AM
you have great skill and many can learn from your works. nicely done.

I agree with HRobinson on his comments, yet this is a captivating work of art. The green can owns hard.

have fun,

bocote

mcknight
05-14-2003, 09:16 PM
Wow! The detail is awesome. The easterly arrangement of the watering cans is striking. I'll be visiting your site.

Dave