PDA

View Full Version : ***THE DAILY WASH" Thursday, May 8, 2003

artmom
05-08-2003, 02:02 AM
Since I haven't gone to bed yet, and with our internet provider having problems remaining on line for more than 2 minutes, I thought I would post now while I am online--who know when I'll get here again!!!!

We're drying out from all the water. I even saw the sun today!!

I plan on finishing a wip, but I had planned to do that today, too!
Oh, well, it'll come.

AWAYTC.

May all who are ill, be strong and all who are troubled, find peace!

Happy painting!

Lyn

andylavallee
05-08-2003, 02:32 AM
Good Morning Lyn, pleased to hear you may be getting over your bad spell of waether!. Keep your head down and keep safe!!

Good Morning all, Thursday already this weeks gone quick, long day today starting work early and finishing late it promoses to be nice weather today and I shall be inside.

We have guest coming for the week-end so I have to put the spare room back to be of some practical use in housing them for a few days , could take awhile but my new studio is being put up on Tuesday , really looking forward to that... Well must be off, driving a bus this morning collect clients for work..

have a good,safe, day

Nandie
05-08-2003, 02:44 AM
Good morning Lyn & Andy and AWAYTC (I just love that acronym, makes this so much easier!!)

Hope to do some painting when I get up in the morning as I haven't done any for a few days.... I'm suffering withdrawl!!! (hey - did you ever notice the word "withdrawl" has the word "draw" in it? LOL - if we said we were suffering "withpaintl" would it mean the same thing??) there's your profound thought for the day!:D

Oww.... such deep thoughts give me a heady-ache. I'm off to bed! :p

'nite!

madmum
05-08-2003, 02:57 AM
Morning Lyn, Andy :)

Lyn, I just can't imagine how scary living in a tornado hot-spot would be, losing the internet is irritating but as long as you and yours are safe I'm sure you can cope :)

Andy, keep us informed of progress on your studio! Sounds exciting :D

For me today, I'm going to re-stock the fridge and freezer. I've neglected the children terribly, forcing them to eat convenience food from the bottom of the freezer (there because they don't like it!) Then I hope to get another challenge painting done :D Undecided which I want to do next, got 3 I really want to have a go at. Hmmmmm.

AWAYTC have a great day :D

Ruth

Yorky
05-08-2003, 04:39 AM
Morning all!

Another fine sunny day here. (Is this England? :D )

Trying to motivate myself to paint something for the new Challenge. The portraits were good because they fitted in with my current short attention span.

Had a call from a friend last night who has won the contract to paint a new set of postage stamps, so I was requested to take some photos of his work today to send to the Post Office.

Sending Mary-Ann (fun2cook) my portrait of her in exchange for her portrait of me - my first "exchange".

Have a good day everyone, see you later!

Doug

M.A.
05-08-2003, 05:24 AM
Morning AWAYTC! And everyone who is already on board!

Doug - I will be shipping your portrait out on Monday!!! I'm looking forward to this exchange.

Lyn - hope your computer gets sorted out, it can be frustrating when it goes on an off-line like that.

Andy - hope you have a wonderful visit with your guests ... this week has flown by here too.

Andrea - hope you had a nice sleep after thinking your wordy thoughts. Words and art, they go toghther. :)

Ruth - looking forward to seeing more of your challenge paintings!!!

mchew
05-08-2003, 06:31 AM
Hi everyone and AWAYTC (lol)

Nothing much to report today... tidy up my messy studio and painted a small watercolour "The wooden House".

Almost dinner time... I'll see if I can get another one after that....

Lyn... glad the weather has changed for the better.

Andy... congrats on new studio... have fun!

Andrea... lol with your play of words... happy painting.

Doug... have fun with the challenge... we're gonna win this time ;)

Have a nice day everyone...

Strawberry Wine
05-08-2003, 07:53 AM
Good Day Washer's

The sun is shining, the birds are singing and the grass is green. I just love this time of year. :)

Ruth: Stock the fridge and freezer then the kids can really work on their culinary skills.

Lyn : Glad to hear the sun came out and hope your computer problems right themselves today.

Andrea: I think "with paint" is the opposite of "withdrawl" to artists LOL

Doug: Take lots of photos and upload some to the wash so we can enjoy too. Ummm. perhaps you can't if they are to become stamps.

Mary Ann: Have a great day doing whatever !

Marvin: Don't tidy too much or you will never be able to find anything.

AWAYTC hope your day goes well.

Gail

Uschi
05-08-2003, 08:47 AM
Good Morning Everyone!!!
Well, Gail lives about 50 miles away from here but no sun here yet.
Spent almost all day yesterday cutting down rose bushes, everyone of them dead except the very bottom where they are sprouting. Then I have to chop every one of the pieces down to fit in to one of those paper garden waste bags other wise the garbage people won't pick it up. They only come to get this twice a year, next week and then again in Fall. So far have 8 bags and two bundles full of garden waste stuff.
Was at life drawing last night, had a male model, he did the most incredible poses, but were very hard to draw. Also he was very slender so not much mass to work with. Should have done it on a very large sheet to get the muscles in but didn;t have one.

Well, thanks to all the thunderstorms and rain that fell with them, the grass desperately needs cutting, so this is my jopb for today. There is no end to it HA!
Have a great day everyone!!! Hope all are healthy or getting healthier!!!!
Uschi

Little Old Lady
05-08-2003, 08:55 AM
Good whatever! supposed to be 60 today. A heat wave!
More reorganizing my mess this morning and working at the resale shop this aft.
No painting time.
Have a good one.
JoAnn

pampe
05-08-2003, 09:01 AM
Buenas Dias, Good morning, bonjour, bom dia,
zoet voormiddag, buon giorno, guten Morgen,

I am sitting here with Earl Grey watching the sun rise over the mountains, thinking how beautiful color is....

color....hm

I think that is why I paint, quilt, knit, shop, and cook.......color

Ok...so it is an introspective morning :rolleyes:

Cold still.....Spring comes slowly in the Rockies.....but that's ok....bears are beginning to wake up and they are not pleasant in the Spring.....so it is best that the weather, in general postpones hiking and campimg (and those pesky tourists, who continually fins ways to get themselves mauled).

Have a creative day!

Pam

sisangel
05-08-2003, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by pampe

I am sitting here with Earl Grey watching the sun rise over the mountains, thinking how beautiful color is....
color....hm
I think that is why I paint, quilt, knit, shop, and cook.......color

Pam - It sure sounds wonderful. Now running to get some Earl Grey and come back & sit by the window.
I do quilting also, love to work with the colors. I combine quilting, embroidery and landscapes. They sell well also. Maybe we could do a quilt wallhanging exchange someday.

Rich - Thank you so much for your response on Monday. It did help put me at ease. Sorry to hear to had to go through that with someone. And thank you for your offer to talk.

I took the day off from housework, computer, painting, cooking and everything else yesterday. I did show my paintings to 2 people who called yesterday and got commissions from both. That's 3 now. Will have to wait on challenge until I have those done, I think.

Thank you to all my wash friends for your thoughts, prayers and support. It means so much to me.

Bonnie

pampe
05-08-2003, 09:31 AM
:D

Keep painting, Bonnie....it soothes the soul

artmom
05-08-2003, 09:42 AM
I'm back! Sun is shining!

I signed up for very first Project--the new Challenge! and that post MADE ME A MINION! Even though I joined in August, I didn't start posting until February! (Does this mean I need to get a life???? )

Pam, I'm going to have Apricot tea this morning and watch the colors with you and Bonnie. ((((Bonnie))))

TMR.

Lyn

Christie
05-08-2003, 09:53 AM
Good Morning!

The weather ere is still cold and snowy, but we see an improvement (I hope) starting tomorrow.

I'll be away all day tomorrow at a funeral, but will try to catch up in the evening.

I got a painting almost done yesterday, but it still needs some work, so today, I will either kill it or cure it. :D

What are the meanings of the acronyms we invented again. I need to put them on a sticky so I can remember... :( :D

Take care everyone!

mustcreate
05-08-2003, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by artmom

AWAYTC

Originally posted by Nandie
AWAYTC (I just love that acronym, makes this so much easier!!)

Originally posted by madmum
AWAYTC have a great day :D

Originally posted by fun2cook
Morning AWAYTC!

Originally posted by mchew
Hi everyone and AWAYTC (lol)

Originally posted by Strawberry Wine
AWAYTC hope your day goes well.

You people all sound like you are in some exclusive club with your "secret" greeting......would you mind filling some of us "clueless" in? ;)

Hello Washers!!

still raining here and cold. It's supposed to warm up for Mothers Day. :)

Painting day with my buds and I will be so happy to get my brushes wet and to have a good long visit with my friends :)

have a creative day :)

em

mchew
05-08-2003, 10:06 AM
AWAYTC = ALL WHO ARE YET TO COME ROFLOL

Christie
05-08-2003, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by mchew
AWAYTC = ALL WHO ARE YET TO COME ROFLOL

Thanks marvin. :D :D :D I have it stickied now. :)

sisangel
05-08-2003, 10:36 AM
Lyn -
Congratulations on becoming a minion. Am so glad you decided to join the challenge, I can't wait to see which photo you have chosen. Thanks for the hug and joining Pam & I for tea and to watch the colors.

(((((((((((((AWAYTC))))))))))

I will remember that now LOL

Bonnie

yahooserious
05-08-2003, 11:06 AM
Good Morning from hazy Central Texas. We have very hazy skies because farmers in Mexico are burning off fields and the winds bring the smoke here to us. There is a warning to not go outside unless you just have to!!!:mad:

Hope everyone is happy and well..

I'm working on postcards, and hope to have 3 more done today. Going to try to paint more loosely, as I am mostly a control freak when I paint!

{{{{{{{{to all}}}}}}}} Emilie

ScarletLake
05-08-2003, 11:09 AM
Hello everyone

Well a house cleaning day for me. The dust is taking over & Miss Tilly shedding alot now. So out with the dust rags, vaccum cleaner & mop & Orange Glo to clean the boys bathroom.

I will say I have been sitting down the last 2 nights & just playing with paints. Really haven't painted anyting just dropping in colors to see what they do.

Hope everyone who is ill is finding some comfort.

This is a spot to rest the days worries & we all have those.

Take care

Anita

al22
05-08-2003, 11:11 AM
Morning AWAUBM........lol.... (all who are up before me)....
Nice day in AZ.....0800 and it's only 63......wow nice spring we've had....and are having.
Time for my monthly blood test......jeez I hate those......as Fookie sez......old age ain't what's it's cracked up to be.....

Hope to get some painting in today.......

Started count down for vacation to San Diego.......YAHOO !

Have a creative one.........

........al

artmom
05-08-2003, 11:16 AM
Em, don't mean to exclude you! :evil: That's what happens when you are off on vacation!!! LOL

Lyn

madmum
05-08-2003, 11:20 AM
Well I went to town to do some shopping then got distracted because the sun was out and I had my camera :D

Ended up sneaking around passageways in the cathedral and found this little corner!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-May-2003/10535-Old_stone_carvings_2_small.jpg

All of these carvings are from the cathedral and have been replaced in the last few years as part of restoration work.

And an open gate into a garden just round the corner from the cathedral:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-May-2003/10535-Arch_into_garden_with_bench_2_small.jpg

Lots more, just need to sort and then post in RIL :)

Ruth

mustcreate
05-08-2003, 11:43 AM
:cool: cool pics Ruth!!

thanks for the explanation of AWAYTC :)

I was looking around a few pages back and I found Anita's painting of my marbles that was posted while I was away. Does anyone recall any other paintings posted lately from any of my Reference Images? If so I would love to know about them if you could please pm me :):) I would hate to miss out on seeing them. THANKS!!!

em

PMurphy42
05-08-2003, 11:56 AM
Good Morning all......
plumber finished putting in new hotwater heater yesterday and pumping out the basement. Took most of the morning and early afternoon....since his helper didn't come....I had to "assist". When he would turn on the water in the alley, I had to see if any pipes leaked, etc. Glad I don't have to pay for any of this....I would charge him for my time. LOL. I start back on my 3 nights of work tonight...since I work 12 hour shifts...don't get much done, except sleep. Will be next week before I finish any more paintings :( :( I hope everyone has a glorious weekend and gets to do what makes you happiest!! I have to say again.... I JUST LOVE THIS PLACE!!

patti

ps.... I got my senior!!! plus hubby is going to redo my tinyhead....I kinda made it tooooo small....lol

Madisoncat
05-08-2003, 12:01 PM
Scuze me, but what does AWAYTC mean? Everyone is cracking up and I could use a good laugh this am. Thanks!

Madisoncat
05-08-2003, 12:14 PM
Sorry...didn't read the whole thread....I guess I'm not awake yet:o

Olga
05-08-2003, 12:19 PM
Just stopping by to say hello and share a rose...

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-May-2003/7629-mamas_rose3small.jpg

Still no watercolors, but I have a model studio tonight so should at least do some drawing. And the weekend looks free for a change so might get to paint some FINALLY!

Em--nice to see you back. Missed your WIPs
Ruth--nice photos. That wall with the old capitols (if that's what they are) is really great.

and now I forgot the abbrevation for "too many to respond to individually" (or was it just TMR?) but I hope everyone has a good day... even those who have more cleaning and shopping time than painting time today

Olga

lyn lynch
05-08-2003, 12:36 PM
AFSY [Auntie Fookie Sees Y'all]

WHOA! Maddie, great references! OK if I snag the gate? Love them both...see abstraction in old carvings but lack skill to interpret. [insert droopy face]

Hey, Big Dog, nice to see you check in. You have company; I go for blood work today also. We're paying for the 60s is how I look at it. :evil:

Last night I did exchange of Emily and started exchange of Uschi.
MFT [Memo To File]: When intent is high key, draw lightly.

I have nothing to say and for once I acknowlege same and sign off. :D

madmum
05-08-2003, 01:09 PM
Auntie, wait until I've uploaded the large files to the RIL, there are more you might like too :)

Ruth aka Maddie ;)

rks
05-08-2003, 03:12 PM
Whew! Just making it in the door before noon today. Off to a somewhat rocky start this morning because hubby had to go into the big city for a business meeting, and I had to help getting him organized and on his way. In fact, my morning was so rocky I even confused an arm in Pam's "Starbucks Emily" with a "railing thingy"!! Can't believe I did that! Pam, ten thousand pardons, I was not properly awake - please forgive me.
The critique yesterday of my two paintings went reasonably well. He liked one, didn't like much of the other. The one he didn't like is one I did for a local show last December which had "Winter" as its theme. For fun and because art shows rarely have any paintings for children, I did a whimsical painting of a stand-up teddy bear dressed for winter with boots and holding a shovel in one paw. The senior artist who did the critique said things such as, "Not sure if this is supposed to be a real bear or whimsy." "One leg looks broken". "Red stripes in scarf too strong". "Head and boots well done." I promise I'll post a copy of my bear this week-end as I'm now really curious what you guys would say. Happy painting, all.

Roberta

pampe
05-08-2003, 03:34 PM
~~off to take Abbey to the vet~~~

Back later to finish an Italy piece I need to get done this evening

THEN

I need ALL YOUR HELP on a commission (AAARRRGH)

PUL-EEEEZE

P

painterbear
05-08-2003, 05:01 PM
Good Afternoon to all,

TMR to individually. Interesting reading what everyone has been doing though. LATA (love all the acronyms). :D

Had a wonderful early Mother's Day present from my daughter yesterday. (She has to work on Mother's Day, so we celebrated early.) We drove over to Columbus, and checked into a hotel she had arranged for us so we wouldn't have to rush off after dinner. Then we went to a wonderful Turkish restaurant in a really fabulous shopping complex (definitely NOT a mall, it looks like a small village with outdoor cafes and several blocks of shops). We had the best Turkish dinner since visiting Istanbul a few years ago. We strolled around the streets window shopping afterward and walked off the meal. Finally, topped off a terrific evening with an ice cream cone from Graeter'sóbest ice cream in the U.S. for sure.

Haven't had time to check out all the new paintings from yesterday and today yet. We've been putting in plants and mowing the grass today.

I'm finishing up a small painting of a rusty old lantern. Hope to finish it tomorrow.

Night all, see you in the morning.

pampe
05-08-2003, 07:07 PM
how nice, syl

You have a wonderful daughter!

This is when I wish mine were closer!!

CharM
05-08-2003, 09:12 PM
Hi Everyone! What a busy day you all have had!!! TMR!!!!

Ruth - glad to see you up and running!

Lyn - Congrats on minionhood!

Bonnie - {{{hug}}} - paint away!

I left my hotel in Dallas at 6:30 a.m. Turned onto I635 and it was a parking lot... Omen for the day... At the airport, all gate monitors showed everything on time and running... hmmmmph... Got on my plane to St. Louis, pulled away from the gate, and then sat on the plane for 1 1/2 hours... hot, airless... engines shut down... Weather everywhere... Finally got to St. Louis and again monitors are not indicating any delays... hmmmmmph... same old, same old... In all, I was delayed almost 4 hours... Two hour drive home from the Detroit airport... At the Border, Customs was doing a "blitz", so it took 45 minutes just to cross... Oh well... I'm home!!!!! Kissed hubby, hugged son, opened mail and package, and immediately logged on to the internet!!! Am I addicted or what???

Have a great evening everyone!!!!