PDA

View Full Version : bay horse pastel

tabbycat
05-07-2003, 08:43 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/07-May-2003/14627-baymare.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/07-May-2003/14627-bayhorsepastel.jpg

This is my first pastel horse drawing! What do you think?

Pippin
05-07-2003, 11:38 PM
I think you have done very good job.Well done:clap: Will look forward to seeing more of your work!

shedreamsbig
05-08-2003, 12:31 AM
WOW great job!

I love the way you handeled the eye!! Really nice!

One small nitt if you don't mind...

The shoulder on my left... if you incorperated a little more of the browns and highlight colors it would make it more seperate from this horses neck line... does this make sense the way I explained???

But other than that I think you did an Outstanding job on her!!

I love this photo!! It is from the referance Library!! I was thinking of playing with it too!!

Christina:clap: :clap: :clap:

Crias
05-08-2003, 12:33 AM
Hey another one of my photos in use :) So glad you posted this over here or I would have missed it. Great work! This mare (and most of the rest in this group) have had their foals over the last few days. Five new babies in the last four days :eek: :D I hope to get some baby pics very soon.

Once again, excellent work!

:clap: :clap:

Sher
05-08-2003, 04:21 AM
Your horse looks as velvety as the real thing!

RachelG*
05-08-2003, 02:32 PM
This is really great! maybe blending the colors on his cheek...it looks ( to me) like his cheek is almost indented. that's all i can see-i love how smooth this is!!! can't wait to see more!:D

Paul Hopkinson
05-08-2003, 06:37 PM
Tabbycat you have produced a lovey pastel painting. The blending and detail work has certainly paid off.
Well done
Paul:clap:

tabbycat
05-08-2003, 11:19 PM
This was such a nice photo to work from. Thanks Crias! Once I got it posted online I could see all sorts of things. Right now I use my camera to take photos and then I scan the photos; I actually did this drawing two weeks ago. Having a digital camera would help a lot, but they seem to have held their value, I don't really see any that are affordable for me right now. Thanks for all the comments. I was so excited to get my film back and post this! I hope to do more drawings this weekend, and they will show up on here in, say, June! I may try using my Polaroid to photograph with; it's better than nothing I guess.

BTDogMom
05-09-2003, 12:11 PM
I think u have done an outstanding job!!:clap: :clap:

E-J
05-09-2003, 07:21 PM
tabbycat ~ what make of pastels did you use? You should definitely post this to the Pastels forum ~ it would be very well received! :)

tabbycat
05-09-2003, 10:48 PM
I used Grumbacher and Rembrandt soft pastels, and Bruynzeel pastel pencils. I like them all, and I am awaiting a shipment of some Rowney, Castell-Pitt pencils, and a few Shmincke. I just needed some new colors so I thought I'd try some new brands. This is on velour board, which creates a really nice effect. I've also tried Le Carte pastel board, which I liked as well. I would also like to try pastel cloth. I love getting new materials and trying them out! Thanks everyone!

Suzy78
05-10-2003, 06:43 PM
I think you did a really great job here, and makes me think I should play with my pastels again! I look forward to your next piece!!!

Suzy

M.A.
05-11-2003, 06:08 AM
Beautiful!

Line
05-11-2003, 06:22 AM
Wow, amazing work :)