PDA

View Full Version : Wish Me Luck!

Nitsa
05-07-2003, 07:58 PM
Tomorrow morning I have someone coming to view my portfolios for something to hang in their reflexology room. She has been waiting patiently for a while now but I didn't want to appear unconfident and therefore chose to sort out my prices properly first.
After much hard concentration and the help of a few people from friends to other artists I am finally comfortable with the outcome and ready to sell. I have told her my "bracket" and she is still interested. :D
It's absolutely nerve wracking! LOL! I know she likes my work 'cos she has visited my website but pricing has been a real headache for me, as I know it is for others here, and I am just hoping that I've got it right!:rolleyes:

Fingers crossed!

I also got confirmation of a sale tonight. I have been asked to hold it for her while she finishes building her new home (almost done now!)....She is a good friend and very trustworthy, so I agreed. It's one of the very first paintings I did called Light in the Dark.
Nice feeling! :D

Little Old Lady
05-07-2003, 08:00 PM
Got my fingers crossed for you. Good luck!
JoAnn

Alan Cross
05-07-2003, 08:08 PM
Good job and good luck tommorow!!
Alan :)

Strawberry Wine
05-07-2003, 08:11 PM
Congrats on the sale and good luck tomorrow.
'

Gail

matingara
05-07-2003, 08:20 PM
How exciting! Good luck and I hope this is the start of great things!

Joel.

PMurphy42
05-07-2003, 08:28 PM
I'm so excited for you Nitsa....good luck tomorrow. I looked at your website, it's great!! I love your paintings, can't believe you've only been painting since Jan. I've been at it for a year now, no where near as good as your stuff yet. But your success gives me encouragement!! Let us know how it goes!!

patti:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

karenjh
05-07-2003, 09:51 PM
Good luck - your paintings are great and I am sure they will find something to buy.

CharM
05-07-2003, 10:35 PM
Best of luck tomorrow... and congrats...:clap:

mpopinz
05-07-2003, 10:42 PM
Congratulations, good luck tomorrow.
I too checked out your website and have always loved your work. You should have no problem selling anything!

ArtWench
05-07-2003, 10:54 PM
Crossed my fingers & said a prayer! I hope you have a profitable day tomorrow!

artmom
05-07-2003, 11:42 PM
Great!

Lyn

mchew
05-07-2003, 11:55 PM
Congrats and Good Luck... fingers and toes x'd

surreal
05-08-2003, 12:35 AM
Good luck to you!!!
:)

dolors
05-08-2003, 01:30 AM
Congratulations and good luck!

Sher
05-08-2003, 02:12 AM
I just returned from your website and your work is outstanding!
Good luck tomorrow though I doubt that you need any luck at all with your talent.

Yorky
05-08-2003, 04:42 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: A sale in prospect! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Good luck with the viewing Anita.

Doug

Kate Mc
05-08-2003, 05:46 AM
You go girl!!

Kate

Nitsa
05-08-2003, 06:47 AM
WOW.....encouragement or what? LOL!.....Thank you so much, I appreciate it.....especially those toes Marvin! LOL!

UPDATE:
The viewing went well, we managed to narrow her choices down to 4. She is currently decorating and asked if she could take sizes of the 4 with her to help her decide which one she will have and where it will go.
So, no sale as yet but good prospects it would seem.....I am remaining hopeful! :)
We shall see!.....I'll keep you all updated of course....Thanx again!

Nitsa
05-08-2003, 07:02 AM
Ooooh, almost forgot.........

I have also just been commissioned, by the same friend that has purchased "light in the dark" to paint a dual portrait of her husband and her stepson Karl, who was killed in a road accident. I agreed to "have a go" and she will be sorting out the photos shortly.
As you can imagine, this will be a challenging commission for me, so I made no promises (only having painted 3/4 portraits), just that I would give it a shot as long as she was in no immediate hurry.
She agreed!

I have also been asked to supply some paintings, in my local framing shop, for sale. He seems very keen to make a small gallery of them in the shop somewhere.
I have decided to take him up on his offer and am currently gathering a few pieces together to take.

Should I adjust my prices to cover for the commission or sell them at their current price and suffer the commission loss?
You advice would really be valuable to me....TY!

Uschi
05-08-2003, 09:07 AM
Congratulations on becoming a PROFESSIONAL ARTIST!!!!!
Uschi

Sandy1
05-08-2003, 09:11 AM
Good Luck !!!!

jti
05-08-2003, 09:37 AM
Hey, so happy for you Nitsa. This sounds like a big step forward for your artwork and such confirmation is always a nice thing. CONGRATS and good luck with the sale.

jti

pl_kpprt
05-08-2003, 11:39 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-May-2003/10305-080402gudl_prv.gif, cross my fingers for you!!

els
05-08-2003, 12:11 PM
Congartulatyions Anita, and good luck!!!

Gia
05-08-2003, 01:17 PM
wish you all the best of luck!

Nitsa
05-08-2003, 06:16 PM
TY Uschi..."Professional Artist"....Mmmmmm, I rather like that! LOL!

Thanx Sandy, JTI, pl_kpprt, els and Gia!

A new bookshop come art gallery has just opened on our high street and I popped in there this evening. The owner is a very nice woman and we got chatting, when I mentioned that I paint she asked if I would like to sell some in her shop.....I agreed of course!
I can't believe how quickly this is moving now, so sudden, so soon. I checked out the prices while I was there of other original watercolours and I am still comfy with my prices, so I am glad about that. My work is also very different to anything she currently has for sale (mostly landscapes) and she is getting requests for more modern pieces....so this may be MY gap in the market?....I'll need to get framing now! :D

I have also recieved a sale from Canada today on a small piece I did a while ago....so I shall be looking into postage and packaging.....Any tips?

madmum
05-08-2003, 06:32 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Many congratulations Anita!

I've used cardboard backed envelopes and packaged in plastic and they reached US no problems. Also used tubes again with no trouble. No idea about insurance etc. though.

Ruth

mpopinz
05-08-2003, 06:36 PM
:D BIG SMILE :D

Nitsa
05-09-2003, 08:56 AM
Thanx Iris! ;)

Ruth....TY for the tips! How do you go about payment?....Being a whole other currency this has proved another complication for me and I'm not sure what to suggest to my client.....Appreciate your advice/experience with this matter!

madmum
05-09-2003, 09:30 AM
Anita payment is another matter! I've only ever sent paintings to US as freebies. I think Paypal is the best option, but I've not looked into it too deeply. Must put aside time for research into Ebay and Paypal :rolleyes:

Ruth

karenjh
05-09-2003, 11:18 AM
Awesome news!

Nitsa
05-09-2003, 06:45 PM
paypal is a complete mystery to me, as is ebay! LOL! Thanx anyway Ruth! ;)

TY Karen! :)

pampe
05-09-2003, 06:50 PM
PAYPAL is the easiest and fastest way to receive international payments for sure http://www.paypal.com

there is also a Money Order website for international payments that I ahve used at http://www.payingfast.com

Good luck

gealflings
05-09-2003, 07:01 PM
Congratulations!!!

I would definitely say paypal, because it's free to set up and the person in Canada can transfer straight from their bank or credit card to your bank account, and Paypal takes care of all of the exchange-rate information... Good luck with future sales!!! :D