PDA

View Full Version : Woo Hoo!! My First Water Color Horse!!!!!

shedreamsbig
05-07-2003, 04:51 PM
Okay,

I decied to blow the dust off my watercolors and try a monochromatic horse in Planes Grey!!!

Here is the result!! Tell me what you think!!

Christina

P.S. I am gonna do another water color too I will post the sketch for it and start a Wip tonight!! So look for that one too!! Please!! I will need advice I am sure!

shedreamsbig
05-07-2003, 04:57 PM
By the way she is 10"x7" on 140 lb. water water color paper.

She is my dream Horse!! I used my imagination on this one so if she is off its because I couldn't find a horse photo facing that Direction??:rolleyes: So I did my best! But I wanted to do a kind of free painting! It is my first! and I really loved it!! Water color is a lot of fun!!

Christina:clap:

artmom
05-07-2003, 05:40 PM
Nice! Good one color painting!

Be sure to post it over in the watercolor forum!

Lyn

ironhorse
05-07-2003, 06:23 PM
WOW that is great Christina!!!!!
You go Girl!!!
Twyla

shedreamsbig
05-07-2003, 06:29 PM
Oh WOW!!

Twyla, you like her??? I am so siked!! I idoilize your water colors!! this is the reason I wanted to try it!! God Bless you! You are a doll!!

Hey if it looks bad you can tell me!! I would love to here your cirtique!!

Christina:clap:

shedreamsbig
05-07-2003, 06:32 PM
Sorry Artmom,

thank you for the compliments!! I will post it in water color fourum next !! thank you, Christina!!:clap: :clap:

ironhorse
05-07-2003, 06:39 PM
NO I mean it I really like it!
I like how loose it is. Kinda reminds me of some of Sam Savitts works. I loved his book on how to draw horses when I was a kid!
If I was to get super nit picky I would say her muzzle is a touch too small but because she is a mare I like it that way.

Well done!!
Twyla
:clap: :clap: :clap:

shedreamsbig
05-07-2003, 06:50 PM
Twyla,

Thank you!!!! Yea the Musle is really tiny but I did it to kind of SCREAM Mare!! I really like those real impressionistic paintings of Arabians that the features are exagerated to be Ultra experssionistic, if you will....

I Named her "Arabian Spirit" Because she encompasses that Flare to me plus she's in Foal!!**NOTE tha wide belly on her...lol
(I have a vivid imagination!!) I just love her and I am so thrilled you like her too!!

Christina:clap: :clap:

crazeejumper
05-07-2003, 09:11 PM
Excellent job!!!! :clap:

shedreamsbig
05-07-2003, 09:14 PM
Thanks Connie!!

I am glad you took the time to check her out!!

Thanks, Christina

Arcanjo
05-07-2003, 10:10 PM
:) Christina, what a lovely picture!

inkskin
05-07-2003, 10:27 PM
Very nice work!
I love monochromatic studies,and it looks like you know what you are doing with watercolors.Can't wait to see more.:)

Heather

BlackHorseDesign
05-07-2003, 10:52 PM
I LOVE the contrasts you've got going on in her muzzle and her face. Lovely!!!! Darks next to lights, looking highly detailed yet loose at the same time. Good job!

shedreamsbig
05-08-2003, 12:05 AM
Arcanjo,

Oh, thank you! She is a great dream horse! I will have to paint her foal too when it's born!! I will have to get some good rest to dream him Up!! LOL;)

Inkskin,

THANK YOU!! for the lovely encouregment!! I am VERY new to water color this being my first and I found to be alot of fun!! I think I like the fast pace of it this whole thing from sketch to finish took about 45 min.s My mom was watching me....(I was at work..LOL opps!!) But she couldn't get over how fast I did it!! She called me a little while ago to see what the response of the "Art thing on line" was.... She was pleased to hear that others thought it was nice too... her being my Mom and all.... well of course she's partial!! LOL:rolleyes:

Sherri,

Thank you! You know you are a major influance in my art developing and I am glad you like her!! I tryed to think of only lights and darks..... it was hard at first but then I just let it flow and this what resulted!! I really am shocked that she is as good as she is!! Being water color I was so afraid of over working her...

Thanks too all, Christina

Paul Hopkinson
05-08-2003, 07:41 PM
Oh Christina this is great!!!!!!!!! You have handled the medium really well, I certainly know how difficult it is to achieve the afect you have got. The lights and darks have really pulled the painting together and if I ever dare to touch a horse then it would be something as beautiful as this one!:D

Excellent, bravo (ok, I'm English!), muy bien, excellente!

Paul

shedreamsbig
05-08-2003, 07:48 PM
Hey Paul!!

Thanks for checking her out!! She is my dream horse littreally! So, with that said you have already met her! I will explain later in a PM. But yes she is a beauty! Thank you!! I am working on another one too!! I really could use your advice!!! She is the "Arabain in Motion WIP" Posted here and X posted in the Water color fourm!!

Your friend, Chrisitna:clap: :clap:

Paul Hopkinson
05-08-2003, 07:55 PM
Corr Blimey mate! (in American, Wow!!). Yep not a problem anything I can do to help you I will be checking your postings.

Adios me amiga,
Asta luago
Paul
(talking to himself) He why am I speaking Spanish!) Err I don't know any Spanish! Arhhh!!

shedreamsbig
05-08-2003, 08:04 PM
Your so CUTE!!

Meida mi amigo, Yo soy intendo como to habla. Pero mi espanol is no muy perfecto... ?tu sauve? Y quando yo habla espanol, you no intiendo como tu careia habla... yo habla como una Portiricano~ y tu habla espanol ma bueno a mi.

Te Amo mi Amor!!

Gracia,

Christina Calderon':D

Paul Hopkinson
05-08-2003, 08:37 PM
Hey I can understand some of that, I did say some!! You are saying that I'm (me) are your friend, I'm trying to speak Spanish, your Spanish is not very good (yeh righ, and if I'd believe that). And also that I speak Spanish very good? And also dont forget to wash the dishes! Err I think I got the idea!!:confused: :D

Paul

Paul Hopkinson
05-08-2003, 08:38 PM
NOTE: I was joking about the dishes!

shedreamsbig
05-08-2003, 08:44 PM
ROFLOL!!!!!!!:D

Translation:

Look, My friend. I do understand what you are saying. But, My spanish is not very Perfect. You Understand? And when I speak spanish I don't know how you care to speak it. I speak spanish like a Porto Rican~ You speak it better than me. ( Meaning more proper).

I love ya my friend,

Thank you, Chrisitna

:D :D Your a doll!! Paul, you always know how to make me laugh!!

She-She
05-08-2003, 09:01 PM
I don't know how I missed this one. :confused: This is beautiful Christina!!!
(the painting & the spanish lingo) :D

stalksthedawn
05-08-2003, 09:03 PM
I love the flowing control of the paint! Wonderful!

lorna12
05-11-2003, 04:10 AM
Way to go Christina!! I see I have a lot of catching up to do! I'm glad you're back and back at it!

This is a lovely little horse and I like the tonal study.

Paul Hopkinson
05-11-2003, 01:35 PM
Well there you go and you said that you weren't happy with it. If I was there with you I would give you a good telling off and probably upset myself by doing it! I know I'm a wimp!!:(

Lorna good to see you back!

Paul

Night Horse Studio
05-11-2003, 03:56 PM
This looks awesome Christina!

Stephanie

white-anubis
05-14-2003, 08:23 PM
She's a real knockout! Great job on her, esp. in monochrome wc. Not easy! (at least, not to me.) Maybe you'll meet her for real someday.