PDA

View Full Version : 1st Post Gryfalcon (Recipient's Reaction)

mccab42
05-07-2003, 03:27 PM
A few weeks ago, I posted the following painting of a gryfalcon for my colleague at work. Many asked for his reaction to the painting (he is an avid falconer). His first comment was "absolutely crack-in!." I told him of my concern about the overall appearance would not be suitable for an expert falconer. He said "just a minor point" would be the beak which apparently has a higher arch than the one in the painting. He asked if he could purchase the painting, I said I would sign and send it off to him as a gift. End of story. Thanks again for all your comments!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/07-May-2003/15963-Gryfalcon_400x300.jpg

Skip

mhimeswc
05-07-2003, 03:52 PM
It's a lovely painting, and very generous of you to give it as a gift. I'm sure that it made you feel good that he expressed an interest in purchasing it too. Well done!

Michelle

mccab42
05-07-2003, 04:57 PM
Michelle:

Thank you for your comment. This was the first official offer I have ever had from someone to actually purchase a painting. I am very new to watercolor (started September 2002 as a stress release and new hobby). I love "getting lost" in these paintings! As such, I'm beginning to amass quite a private collection and really hadn't considered selling until recently. Your're right, the offer was the icing on the cake!

Thanks again!
Skip