PDA

View Full Version : Been awhile!

mel-ink
05-07-2003, 09:26 AM
Hi everyone!!

Been busy lately with a lot of pro bono work around the community, so I've been kind of a slacker about posting :( . Please forgive me!! Still have plenty to do, but I thought I'd post this drawing I did for a concert program for a local children's choir to see what you think!

As always, comments, suggestions and critiques always welcome!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/07-May-2003/6949-wc_flags_final.jpg

BTW-Only drew half of this, and swapped it in PS... ;)

Oldthumbs
05-07-2003, 09:37 AM
Looks really good. I like the way you made the values different for the red and the blue, so that they don't look like the same "color." Also, good idea for doing only 1/2 and "cheating" the other half, particularly for pro bono work. Time is of the essence!

els
05-07-2003, 09:47 AM
Great work Mel...

Elankat
05-07-2003, 11:07 AM
I was wondering where you disappeared to.

Looks great Mel. :)

artdude
05-07-2003, 11:56 AM
Not much to critique with this one Mel :) Nice stippling work and I like all the folds in this :D:) GREAT JOB!!!

PS: Isn't swapping one half in PS cheating?? LOL JUST KIDDING!!! :D:)

:clap: :clap: :clap:

mel-ink
05-07-2003, 01:33 PM
Hi Old Thumbs! Yeah, the values were kind of tricky, because red & blue are both kinda "grey", but it worked out!

Thanks els!!

Hi LeAnne! Yep, I kinda bit off a little more than I could chew, but I'm down to 5 things on my to-do list!! I drew this yesterday while sitting in the clinic lab for 3 1/2 hours yesterday...:rolleyes:

Thanks Murray!!

PS: Isn't swapping one half in PS cheating??

Um, I prefer to call it "creative time management" :D :D :D !!!

seejay
05-07-2003, 10:42 PM
Mel, I hope the community loves what you are doing!;)

:clap: :clap:

drwells
05-07-2003, 11:06 PM
Bravo Mel!!

I've missed seeing your work. :)

Love the folds, the gradients, and the awsome kharma you are going to receive for doing such kind work.

Hurray up and finish to "to dos" LOL I wanna see an update on the horsey. :D

d

artdude
05-08-2003, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by artdude
PS: Isn't swapping one half in PS cheating??

Originally posted by mel-ink
Thanks Murray!!
Um, I prefer to call it "creative time management" :D :D :D !!!

LOL!!! I'll have to remember that line Mel :D:)

mel-ink
05-08-2003, 01:40 PM
Mel, I hope the community loves what you are doing

To be honest, I don't think she was exactly thrilled with the cover of the program :( . She may have wanted something a bit more music-oriented...but, hey! It's the thought that counts, right?? :D :D :D

I wanna see an update on the horsey

Gawd, Danny...me too!!! I almost took that one to the Dr.'s office instead, but it's hard to get comfortable in those darn chairs with a piece that big (especially with the protruding belly!!! :D ;) :D )

Murray: Makes it seem a little less like cheating, anyway!! I promised myself when I get time (ha!!) I will finish the other side!!!

Thanks for stopping in you guys!! :D :D :D

drwells
05-08-2003, 06:26 PM
I know what you mean Mel!! Not the belly part...ahem, I'm a runner ya know... :p I want to drag my treehouse along with me also...but for some reason I'm having a hard time carting a 22x28 inch drawing around...

(especially with the protruding belly!!!

Hmmm are we possibly going to have another little artist running around... ;) or have we been eating too much strawberry cheesecake. :D (hope it isn't the latter) ;)

d

jjsangel
05-08-2003, 10:56 PM
Glad to see you back...What a beautiful job you have done on this Mel.... The folds are fabulous..:clap:

Jakeally
05-09-2003, 11:34 AM
AWSOME Mel...... up to your usual excellent standard...... wonderful work:clap: :clap: :clap:

mel-ink
05-09-2003, 02:04 PM
Hmmm are we possibly going to have another little artist running around...

Nope, it's not cheesecake!!! :D I'm due the end of July with my very first! Hopefully, he/she will be as cute as Oakley and Dannielle!!

:o Gee, thanks Sharon and Chris! :o I missed you guys!!!

Jakeally
05-09-2003, 02:15 PM
Awwwwww....Mel, I am so pleased for you. Can't wait to see those first photos:D

mel-ink
05-09-2003, 03:03 PM
Thanks Chris!! We're pretty excited! And I'll be sure to post pics, too!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

MonicaB
05-09-2003, 03:57 PM
Congrats, Mel! July's not that far away . . . :D

Oh, love the flag, too, if I haven't mentioned that yet. :D

mel-ink
05-10-2003, 05:07 PM
Thanks Monica!

July's not that far away

I know!! It's going by so fast!! :D (Of course, once I'm big as a house, it might not!! ;) )