PDA

View Full Version : frustration

rapolina
05-07-2003, 06:01 AM
This forum is making me feel like painting with ink! I did in the past, but now i want to go on.

i tried to express my frustration with indian ink, watersoluble grey ink and watercolor.
I drow before with grey ink, then layed watercolor strokes, very watery, then when dry added lines and drops in indian ink. before dryed I sprayed some water on the upper right corner.

Please comment!
Do you thing it can be put in the ink&wash project?
ciao, rapolina.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/07-May-2003/744-frustrazioneWC.jpg

artdude
05-07-2003, 11:30 AM
Hi rapolina. I'm glad to hear that this forum is making you want to paint with your inks :) I don't really know how to comment on an abstract piece. I like this painting. Love the background in this but I think the ink lines distract from the rest of the painting. The line work would work better if there were'nt so many? This is just my personal opinion so don't take my comments personal :D As I said earlier abstract isn't really my thing :) Please feel free to sign up for the Ink Wash project and submit some of your art :D:) The more the merrier!! :D

Dave.t
05-07-2003, 06:23 PM
Abstract is not my 'thing' either...but the feeling of frustration does come over with the number of lines, in random directions which give it an 'uneasy' feel and do not let the eye settle in any particular area.

I think I can spot a part of a naked lady just above centre picture...but that is another sort of frustration:evil: ...just kidding

It certainly deserves a place in the Wash Project.

seejay
05-07-2003, 10:57 PM
The title really suits!;) What was frustrating you this much??

I find the lines too thick and overpowering...the original may not look so dark tho'. Thanks for the post, look forward to more.

What size, BTW?

Cheers

drwells
05-07-2003, 11:02 PM
Hmmm

I've gone back to this one a few times. First impression "not my thing" 2nd..interested, 3rd....I see all kinds of things going on in this. I see a grand tree in the fall during a wind storm and other leaves are flying around, I also see human figures dancing in the wind. The black lines remind me of what I do when I get fed up with a drawing I'm struggling to get out of my head and onto the paper. Bottom line, and I'm surprised to say this, I like this one. :D

Can we see more?

Danny

rapolina
05-08-2003, 08:55 AM
thank you artduke, dave, danny and seejay!
I'm happy to have shown you something different, and that you like it!
abstract is a wonderful way to express feelings.

I use to work in watercolor (but i do just for hobby, i'm not an artist), but i like to explore mediums and techniques... i did also calligraphy with pen and nib in the past!

now it's time to experiment with inks, and have a lot of ideas in my mind... i will show you until you're tired of! (if i'll produce something show-able...;) )

I also like to draw with pen, dut with results not so good...:( i do them often in bpoaring meetings...;)

the size of this job is about 45x30 cm (more or less)

thank you again and ciao from italyrapolina.:cat:

Jakeally
05-09-2003, 11:22 AM
I haven't done many Abstracts yet but I do love to look at them... you can always see something different...it's like looking into flames....mesmerising.
I like your choice of colour for this one Rapolina...very nice.

William Reents
05-09-2003, 09:34 PM
Beautiful, I like this.