PDA

View Full Version : pebbles under water

rapolina
05-07-2003, 05:20 AM
Last weekend i went to the seaside and stared at the beauty of pebbles and stons under the transparent water.
so i went home and painted them.

i wait for your comment! I used watercolors and permanent indian ink.
ciao, rapolina.:cat:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/07-May-2003/744-sassi_acquaWC.jpg

painterbear
05-07-2003, 06:29 AM
Ciao Rapolina,

Your colors for the stones are lovely and this makes an interesting abstract. I think the black of the India ink between the stones is a little harsh though and it defeats the idea of the stones being under water. I really like the way the colors you used on the stones and the highlights you left a lot though.

magnuscanis
05-07-2003, 06:57 AM
As Sylvia said, the black ink background does defeat the idea of them being stones under water. On the other hand it makes for an excellent abstract painting inspired by the titular pebbles.

:clap:

rapolina
05-07-2003, 07:03 AM
Originally posted by magnuscanis
As Sylvia said, the black ink background does defeat the idea of them being stones under water. On the other hand it makes for an excellent abstract painting inspired by the titular pebbles.

:clap:

Thank you sylvia and magnus! but i deliberately otlined each stone in order to give it a peculiar shape and color.
actually, i like abstracts and paint nearly anything that way...;)

ciao, rapolina :cat: .

artmom
05-07-2003, 07:56 AM
Rapolina,

Another of your wonderful abstracts. :D I can see the movement of the water by the colors of the stones AND their shapes.

Lyn