PDA

View Full Version : ***Daily wash*** Miercoles, 07 de Mayo, 2003**

Jijo
05-06-2003, 11:32 PM
Hi washer people around the world
I GOT A BADGET!!!!
WOW, Thanks all of you, from your first welcome up to last aproving comment I spent nothing but good times here.

Late night here, nice fresh day, special for hard work.

Went to my art class with new teacher who is not a washer but a fantastic critic, hope to improve composition and values.

Weekend golf finished as good as started saturday,we finished at second place,starting matches next week.

proud badgeted Alex

artmom
05-06-2003, 11:39 PM
Congratulations on your merit badge! I assume Miercoles means Wednesday?? LOL It's still Tuesday for me, but I'll be really glad to get this day over with!!

Lyn

sweetbabydill
05-07-2003, 12:01 AM
Good Morning Alex Congratulations on your badge.
Lyn- four more mintues here and then we start a new day!!! Good nite all.
Carolyn

PMurphy42
05-07-2003, 01:59 AM
hi everyone,

nite owl here,....i work nights, so when I'm off I tend to stay up late, late, late :) ;)

been painting tonight and posting on here.....basement flooded tonight, hotwater heater busted, had guys out till 11 trying to fix it. Had to turn the water off, they can't do anything till morning, gonna put in new hotwater heater. We've only been in this house 2 weeks......<sigh> My son is griping because he can't take a shower in the morning. I'm finally over my sick spell, hubby has it now. Funny how the wife is expected to carry on with her motherly/wifely duties, such as cooking, laundry, taking kids to school...etc. My husband has set around all pitiful, can't do anything for himself.....:rolleyes:

anyway...have great nite/day all......

patti

Kari
05-07-2003, 02:00 AM
Good morning! It was such a beautiful day here yesterday. I really wanted to just keep driving with my sun roof open, but had things to do. I did spend all day outside. I sat on my swing and quilted on my baby quilt. Today I have to go meet quilting friends for lunch and maybe get to the nursery to get some flowers.
I signed up for a trip to Florence on the 17th, hope it doesn't get cancelled. The last 3 times I tried signing up for something they all got cancelled, not enough people signed up. I may be chaperoning my son's class when they go to Venice on a scavenger hunt on the 16th- that should really be fun and I can take pictures while I'm there.
I looked through the reference library this week and picked out a bunch to try, maybe tomorrow I can get going.
Have a great day!

madmum
05-07-2003, 02:57 AM
Morning!!!!

Computer still working, in spite of being shut down. Spoke to very computer literate friend last night, who tried to help but I doubt it did. He had same advice as Char, thanks Char. I always had PC-Cillin until another virus killed it :mad: I also updated my new anti-virus every week and ran it every day - sometimes these things get through :(

Really not happy about it but think reformat is best option. :rolleyes: Means at least a day of headaches reinstalling all the essential stuff, but at least it'll clean out the rubbish at the same time! lol I'd much rather just buy a new computer though. ;)

To think that yesterday I was all set up ready to paint, then the kids new bunk beds arrived which meant I had to clear the bedroom, take old beds to pieces, and put new beds together (last bit with help from hub ;) ) All this on our 14th wedding anniversary :mad: Celebrations will resume at the weekend!

Sorry I've been selfish and not answered anyone, just can't get my head round anthing else at the moment :( I'll just say hugs to everyone who has good reason to vent, unlike me who only had one bad day! So many with real problems, makes me feel guilty. Take care, I'll think of you when my head clears.

Ruth

coffee_girl3000
05-07-2003, 02:58 AM
Good morning! Had drama rehearsals last night, so when I got home and went on WC, it was down :(. But looks like everything is fine now.

Beautiful and sunny today, about to walk to school. Just finishing my cup of tea. Can't wait 'til Friday, last day of school :). No more ridiculously early mornings.

((Patti)), how frustrating. I hope nothing valuable was damaged?

Congrats Alex on the badge, it's nice to get the email saying you've won an award.

rks
05-07-2003, 03:20 AM
Morning all, Actually it's just past midnight here on the West coast of Canada. Alex, congratulations! Lyn, keep safe. Ruth, sounds like you've had a grumpy day. I haven't posted on the Daily Wash for awhile, but I've been lurking. I'm a tad nervous about my plans for tomorrow because I'm going to a workshop of our local painting group which has invited a senior artist to critique whatever work we want to show him. I'm bringing along two of my paintings for the critique. I don't know this senior artist, but I'm told he's well regarded and is a watercolor artist. Another senior artist will also be there to critique acrylics and oils. Will let you know how it goes.

Happy painting!

Roberta

Yorky
05-07-2003, 03:54 AM
Morning all!

Another lovely day here.

Getting ready for an outing to a canalside restaurant and the Little Moreton Hall, a lovely Elizabethan black-and-white timber framed house in Cheshire. Taking sketch book naturally.

((((Bonnie)))) thinking about you.

Patti - how awful - hope you get things sorted soon.

Best of luck with the PC, Ruth.

Hope the trips work out, Kari - take lots of photos.

Congratulations, Alex!

See you later!

Doug

Phillip
05-07-2003, 04:08 AM
Hello World.
Hope you all having a good day.

I started another portrait today for the Portrait Exchange Project today.
The progress is uploaded on the project main page.
I then went to a agricultarul field day. it was great, even though it's a agricultural field day, there was all sorts of displays from cattle, dogs, computers, craft, etc.

It started raining so I had to leave before I got a chance to see it all.

The weather has started to cool here, we are approaching our winter season. although we don't get much of a winter here. the coldest is 5 degrees Celsius. & that's rare, usually it about 10 low & a top of around 18 degrees Celsius. I don't know what that is in Farenheight we don't use that here.

painterbear
05-07-2003, 07:01 AM
Good Morning all,

It is almost 7:00 am. in Ohio, and the sky is clearing. Woke up to a terrific sound and light show from mother nature and I won't have to water the garden today for sure! Nothing compared to what Lyn's region of the country is going through though. Hope you are safe and secure Lyn. We're thinking of you.

Patti, Hope your waterheater gets installed without any problems today. We replaced our ancient 17-year-old one shortly after we moved in because we were afraid something like that might happen to us. Think your son will survive a showerless day? ;)

Ruth, Sorry for your computer troubles. They are wonderful tools but can be real headaches when things go wrong. Hope your reformatting goes quickly and painlessly.

Sarah, Have a great vacation from school. Lots of time to practice painting.

Kari, Hope your trip to Florence works out. Take tons of photos when you go (thinking positive here).

We are driving over to Columbus later today to meet our daughter and try out a Turkish restaurant she discovered there. My husband was stationed in Turkey twice and we loved our time there and really enjoy Turkish food. I am looking forward to going there tonight.

Have to go over to the RIL and find another subject to paint for the postcard project. I have 4 more to go and I will have painted one for every other participant.

I have e-mail notification of private messages but when I go to the PM board, nothing is there. Does anyone else have this problem?

See you later. Have a great day painting, recuperating, or sightseeing, whatever you get up to today.

madmum
05-07-2003, 07:12 AM
Well I'm back online, disk reformatted, internet one of first things I put back (of course! lol)

Still not worked out where the sound drivers have vanished to, looks like I'll have to search online for some. Also still have to install digital camera and scanner and get all my backed up data restored. Fun (not!)

Everything looks really weird, not helped by very old version of IE, must go get up to date version now I'm online!

Ruth
XXX

mchew
05-07-2003, 08:25 AM
Hello fellow washers,

Jijo, congrats on your new badge. Good luck on the golf course.

Patti, hope no damage done and the water heater is fixed by now.

Ruth, hope the rest of your installations go smoothly... had the same problem last month and I was lucky to have a computer expert friend with me... but now he's back in NZ...

Sarah, enjoy your last few days at school.

Roberta, good luck and have fun at the workshop.

Lyn, we're so happy to see you here....

Doug, enjoy your outing...

Sylvia, enjoy your Turkey meal....

I've just finished painting the lighthouse mural at home... the WIPs and final painting is on the tole/decorative etc. forum

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=105298

Have a nice day everyone!

Little Old Lady
05-07-2003, 08:33 AM
Hi! foggy and fortyish at 7:3o in the morning.
Have to spend time trying to organize the piles of stuff I have all over!
Doug glad you are well enough to go on an outing!
Hope water and computer problems get solved.
Have a fun or porductive day>
joAnn

Strawberry Wine
05-07-2003, 08:43 AM
Hello All :

I am running late this morning so just a quick hello to all:)

The Orioles arrived at my nectar feeder yesterday which means summer is almost here:clap: :clap: :clap: The hummingbirds should arrive today or tomorrrow. I have had a Rose Breasted Grosbeak at my finch feeder all morning.

Can't have the day start any better then this.

Catch you all later today.

Gail

artmom
05-07-2003, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by painterbear
Nothing compared to what Lyn's region of the country is going through though. Hope you are safe and secure Lyn. We're thinking of you.

I have e-mail notification of private messages but when I go to the PM board, nothing is there. Does anyone else have this problem?

Thanks, Painterbear for your concern, but other than lots of rain, our particular neighborhood is doing okay!

Yes, I've been receiving e-mail notification of PMs that don't exist.

Marvin, I'm happy to be here! Thanks.

Hi, Sweetbabydill!

rks--thanks, I'm staying in!

I hope to complete an Italian scene I'm working on today and hopefully we'll stay online all day today.

TMR and AWAYTC--LOL

Waterlogged Lyn

P.S. While I was writing this, we went offline again--but I was smart enough to copy this!!!!

Christie
05-07-2003, 09:49 AM
Good morning!

I have been up most of the night. My eight year old had a really bad migraine and has just settled into a real sleep now. He is on the mend now, but I'll keep him home today 'cause his brains are always a bit scrambled after a migraine. :D

I finished one painting yesterday and have a couple more to work on today, if I can find the time.

It is going to be a busy end of the week with a funeral out of town on Friday, puppy training on Thursday and my inlaws returning from Arizona today. Maybe I can paint while we are driving out for the funeral... :)

pampe
05-07-2003, 10:06 AM
morning, all

8 year old with a migraine makes me very sad....Christie

Doug..how was the shiatsu? Myst be feeling better if you are going out!

Wet and cold here and the first day of Ladies Golf.....oh, well.....I'll bundle up...

but

MY HUMMINGBIRDS ARE BACK!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Have a wonderful day!

Pam

Christie
05-07-2003, 10:11 AM
It makes me sad too Pampe, but he has had them since he was about 4 and deals very well with them. Given our family history, I am surprised that his sister does not have them too. :) This is the first one in five months and they used to come every one to two months, so that is good news. :)

How was the shiatsu Doug? Are you still recovering? :)

madmum
05-07-2003, 10:54 AM
Getting there!!!!!!!!!!!

Thankfully most things are up and running now, just programmes to install then I'll be happy :)

Back to fun stuff!

Alex, congratulations on the badge!

Patti, not a great start in your new home :( Hope everything is fixed now!

Pleased to hear you're still getting out and about, Doug :) It's been a lovely warm day here, hope you had the same!

Sylvia, the emails are probably a glich in the system after Scotts hard work yesterday. :) Enjoy your Turkish meal!

Lyn I'll keep my fingers crossed that things improve for you soon :)

Christie, your little boy must be very brave, the few migraines I've had really knocked me for 6 :(

Pam have a great days golf!

Ruth

mustcreate
05-07-2003, 11:11 AM
I wasn't sure I was going to make it!!! :D

WHAT DID I MISS???

how will I ever catch up?!!! lol

Hello my friends :):):)

I've missed you all.

I had a great vacation.

Went on a helicopter tour of the Grand Canyon....you could NOT wipe the grin off my face for hours!!!:D :D :D It was fantastic!!

Toured the Acoma Pueblo in New Mexico.....awesome!!!

I took over 1500 photos:eek: :p

I also met with Al and John Price for a Starbucks coffee chat :) That was fun!!

And on another day I met with Fookie for a chat and some laughs :) she gave me a hat!!! :)

This was the first time for me to meet any WetCanvas friends and it was terrific:):)

I came home yesterday to 6 inches of snow!!!! It's been cold and snowing the whole time I've been gone....this is just plain WRONG!!!!!! I was hoping for green grass and new leaves. It's raining now and it's forecasted to continue for a few days yet. *sigh* crossing my fingers for spring to arrive soon.

have a creative day all.....I will be "creatively" doing laundry and cleaning. lol

em

madmum
05-07-2003, 11:12 AM
Hi Em!!!!!!!!! Welcome back :D We missed you!!!!!!

Ruth

pampe
05-07-2003, 11:35 AM
Christie...I imiagine you have tried all the typical things like feverfew and dietary eliminations?

Ruth...no golf...snowing now:rolleyes:

EMILY *running wiff hugz*

WELCOME BACK!!!!

madmum
05-07-2003, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by pampe
Ruth...no golf...snowing now:rolleyes:

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew! Sounds like British weather - cricket season always brings on the rain!

Christie
05-07-2003, 12:00 PM
Christie...I imiagine you have tried all the typical things like feverfew and dietary eliminations?

WELCOME BACK!!!!

Pampe, I have been tracking these since he was diagnosed and we can find no link with diet. Mostly it seems to be bright lights and heat, sometimes an exciting day causes them. That being said, we limit his chocolate intake and most of what I cook is from scratch, so additives are not a serious factor. Any other suggestions you have would be welcomed.

He is also mildly ADHD and is on caffeine and evening primrose oil for that. I suspect that it is these medications that have reduced the incidence of his migraines so much.

Nandie
05-07-2003, 12:13 PM
'Morning everybody.....

EMMMMMIE!!!!!!! Welcome back - it's been way too quiet around here, ESPECIALLY when both you and Pamps were gone... can't wait to see your pictures!:D

Pampe.... snowing???? Darn..... I guess you'll have to stay in and paint, huh??:rolleyes:

I'm starting another ocean scene...... hope a story evolves with it!:cool:

(((hugs))) to everybody not having a great start to their day and AWAYTC!!

lyn lynch
05-07-2003, 12:50 PM
Morning all.
Beautiful day here in SW US of A. Pamps, come on down....(18) golf courses on this property, room for you!

Emily...I posted this pic of you in new hat on Monday Wash...I repeat here so you can see how well it turned out. Now, if you can snag it and post into your RIL I can paint it and enter into portrait project. LOL. See! Auntie mad as March Hare but with methodology...LOL

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/07-May-2003/16729-Emily-3a.jpg

Good day and night to all...off to see the Wizard.

[edit] Re ghosting of PM messages. I had this problem too and Rod told me to clean out PM messages, which can cause the ghosting. Clean, also, any tracking and sent messages. I keep mine clean and rarely have this problem anymore.

mchew
05-07-2003, 01:02 PM
WELCOME BACK, EM!!!

Someone said she missed my smiling face when I changed my tinyhead to the chop... now I have a new one with my mural painting in the background :D

mustcreate
05-07-2003, 01:35 PM
thanks so much for the welcome back wishes!!

it's good to be back :)

great pic Lyn!!! thanks for posting it.....I posted it in the RIL so I can hardly wait to see what you come up with :) I still have to sort through my photos and get them all downloaded to the hard drive. what a job!! lol

what a welcome though, snow AND two sick daughters. Ellen (14) was sick the whole time I was gone and I've just now gone to the school to pick her up because she was coughing so much the teachers asked her to go home and Karly has a sinus thing going on. :rolleyes: gotta get on the phone and talk to the doc about Ellen, she's been sick for over 3 weeks now. :(

later

em

Yorky
05-07-2003, 02:21 PM
morning, all

Doug..how was the shiatsu? Must be feeling better if you are going out!
Pam

Thanks for the thoughts, Pampe and Christie - I enjoyed spending an hour on the futon with the practitioner :angel: I feel I have related my symptoms to so many people in the past few weeks I am becoming a Hypochondriac :rolleys:

Truth is no effect - still feeling much pain, but I went on the trip out of duty because I am the organiser. Another session booked with her boss, but if that doesn't work the next step is acupuncture!

We had a nice day, sunny and warm and everyone enjoyed the visit to Little Moreton Hall. I did a sketch standing up, but not much cop. The moat around the hall was filled with giant goldfish!
I'll post a couple of photos in my RIL later.

Cheers!

Doug

jageo
05-07-2003, 02:27 PM
Em - i mentioned in the wash that you picked the right time to be away. I guess you picked the wrong time to come back.
Snow since Friday night. All winter long we haven't had a snowfall like this, and now in May.

The horses are wet and miserable, they're only halfway through losing their winter coats, so not enough to keep them toasty, but whatever is left is waterlogged.

Painted on Monday, something for the challenge, but it didn't turn out very well. I'll have to make a learning project for myself out of it instead.
Good day all
JA

artmom
05-07-2003, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by mchew

Someone said she missed my smiling face when I changed my tinyhead to the chop... now I have a new one with my mural painting in the background :D

Marvin, I was at least one of the someone's! Happy to have your smiling face back. You can also have the chop in your signature line!!! LOL

Welcome back, Em! I've really missed you--you wouldn't believe what is was like w/you and Pam gone at the same time!

Lyn

pampe
05-07-2003, 03:41 PM
aw. Lyn..how sweet

*whispering*

see, Little Sis, they DO love us........ :angel: :clap:

lynn_cyr
05-07-2003, 03:59 PM
Wow, I feel like I'm missing so much by not being around lately!! I didn't even get to read all posts in the Daily Wash today, but wanted to chime in anyways and say HI to my buddies!! :)

I spent the whole day in Boston on Monday. Partly to take advantage of the Daler-Rowney deal at the big art store there (which, I then found out they didn't honor it afterall!! UGH!!), but spent the rest of the day taking photos. I'm really getting the hang of this camera stuff! LOL! I may actually add a new section to my website for photography if any of them are good enough... I posted some of them in the Photography forum, if anyone's interested in peeking!

Was supposed to get my Jeep back today from getting repaired from my accident, but they did a terrible job, so back it goes! :(

Okay, back to cleaning the house, then hopefully work on the Portrait Exchange!!

Lynn

Little Old Lady
05-07-2003, 04:19 PM
Welcome back Em. Sorry about the snow and sick kids.
JoAnn

Uschi
05-07-2003, 05:44 PM
Just came in from the garden and have to leave in a few minutes for life drawing, so just enough time to say WELCOME BACK EM!!

Also Glad you are O.K. Lyn, was worried about you.
Ruth - you are a genius!!!!!
Fookie, that is a wonderful photo of em, I noticed that you took the profile with glasses HA< HA!

Hi everyone else, stay safe and healthy!!!!
Uschi

CharM
05-07-2003, 06:35 PM
Good evening Washuns!!!!

WELCOME BACK EM!!! It sounds like you had a great holiday... Sorry to hear your girls are under the weather...

Ruth... congratulations... I really do know how frustrating this is...

Doug... (((hug))) ... not too hard though cause it will hurt even more...

Christie... my eldest (now 30) was diagnosed with hyperactivity and dyslexia. I was told by his teachers that he was emotionally disturbed, learning disabled and hearing impaired... all this when he was only 5... I took him to a nutritionist against my whole family's wishes (they're quacks, you know)... He was immediately taken off all processed foods, including anything with dye, sugars or refinements. It didn't leave much... Over time, we gradually added one food item per week back into his diet. He gained weight!!! Today, he IS dyslexic. He IS still hyperactive. He IS a very successful special effects artist working in Vancouver for WCT... Currently on the set of Scooby Doo II!!! He's hale and hearty, well adjusted and happy. My message to you... hang in there... tell your poor little guy to hang in there... don't discount anything and keep searching! Even if it seems a little off the wall...

My re-engineering presentation went quite well... All my recommendations but two were accepted and will be implemented over the next three months... I'm just more than a little drained, but feeling pretty good. I'll be leaving for home in the morning!!!

Off to the forum and then to bed!!!!

Have a great evening everyone!!!

M.A.
05-07-2003, 08:53 PM
TMR - I promised myself *no surfing* until I finished another portrait tonight. I finally finished Doug's portrait and I hope he likes it. Hope everyone had a great day ... now for some surfing!!!
:)
M.A.

****WELCOME BACK EM!!!!****

Christie
05-07-2003, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by CharM

Christie... my eldest (now 30) was diagnosed with hyperactivity and dyslexia. I was told by his teachers that he was emotionally disturbed, learning disabled and hearing impaired... all this when he was only 5... I took him to a nutritionist against my whole family's wishes (they're quacks, you know)... He was immediately taken off all processed foods, including anything with dye, sugars or refinements. It didn't leave much... Over time, we gradually added one food item per week back into his diet. He gained weight!!! Today, he IS dyslexic. He IS still hyperactive. He IS a very successful special effects artist working in Vancouver for WCT... Currently on the set of Scooby Doo II!!! He's hale and hearty, well adjusted and happy. My message to you... hang in there... tell your poor little guy to hang in there... don't discount anything and keep searching! Even if it seems a little off the wall...

Char:

I have no doubt my little guy is going to do just fine! I am willing to try whatever it will take to help him. :)

We are lucky in that his grade two teacher is not willing to let him use his ADHD as an excuse for bad behaviour (neither do we). This school year had been a good pairing for all of us and he has progressed beyond all expectations.

He was impressed to hear about your son. My son is following in his father's footsteps (and mine... :D), so I expect that when he finds a direction that he wants to follow, he'll be off and running.

Personally, I think our biggest challenge will be understanding where our popular, social little girl is coming from. :D

Thanks for your kind words. It's nice to know that we are not alone...