PDA

View Full Version : Yarka

Birdie
05-06-2003, 11:20 PM
Hi All,
Has anyone used Yarka St. Peterburg Professional Watercolor?
What are they like?? Any input would be great..

P.S.
I have missed hanging out with all of you I am sure I have missed a lot.
I am going to check out some post while I have some time..
Thank you

Birdie:rolleyes:

sweetbabydill
05-07-2003, 12:30 AM
Hi Birdie,
I havn't tried Yarka yet, but I have mentioned trying it to my watercolor instructor and he doesn't seem to think to much of them.
He uses a rating scale for different brands of paint to rate their quality.
On a scale of 1-7 he only gave Yarka a rating of 2. Hope this helps.
Carolyn

pampe
05-07-2003, 12:32 AM
they are not artist grade

Better to use something else:(

Yorky
05-07-2003, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by pampe
they are not artist grade

............. But our tutor at art class a couple of years ago used nothing else!

I wouldn't use them, the colours are too variable. Some are strong and staing, others seem to have little or no pigment in them.

Against that they are cheap. But not a good investment.

Doug

Birdie
05-07-2003, 11:39 PM
I am getting them as a gift...so it will be fun to see how they are..I am sure that they will be of some use. And I am very excited to recieve them... Thank you all for your input and I will post my results in a few week when I have a chance to try them out..

Birdie:rolleyes:

ingegerd
05-08-2003, 08:21 AM
Some of the Yarka paints are fugitive.

Violet
Russian green
Ochre golden
Scarlet
Madder lake
Carmine

Don't use these paints to something you want to last. ( I use theme to decorate wrapping paper)

Nitsa
05-08-2003, 10:45 AM
I have used these and I liked them alot......there are some beautiful colours in the pan set I have.
An artist I know uses nothing else!
In saying that, I now realise the difference after using artist quality W&N tubes but keep the pan set for travelling to use in my sketchbook.

Sylvielu
05-08-2003, 12:18 PM
I have yarka St. Petersburg pan colors and they are alright for me since I'm not making money yet. Now I use WN and Daniel Smith more frequent than anything else.