PDA

View Full Version : Another archetype Libra/Romeo

gealflings
05-06-2003, 07:04 PM
((cross posted in fantasy/sci-fi))

Whew, this forum moves fast.. I can't keep up!!! :D

Here's the second in the series of Jungian Archetypes - This is the lover, "Romeo", also associated with Libra. He's obsessed with love and relationships but also into compromise and making said relationships work... The scales above are for libra as is the sign that they're resting on... I put that swirly yin-yang thingie at the bottom to represent both air and balance. Whew.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-May-2003/21223-romeo.jpg

edited to say: Man, I can't get my scanner to cooperate.. It really likes red and hates yellows and blues... ::sigh::

Alan Cross
05-06-2003, 08:02 PM
Hi Sarah nice job how many are you going to do?
Alan :)

gealflings
05-06-2003, 08:45 PM
Hiya alan.. thank you! :) There's 12 of them total...

Little Old Lady
05-06-2003, 08:50 PM
Very interesting concept. Well done.
JoAnn

CharM
05-06-2003, 08:54 PM
I like this one! It almost has a medieval feel to it... Great colour... and, wow... 12 of them... Can't wait to see the next one!

Alan Cross
05-06-2003, 09:05 PM
I was hoping thats what you would say looking forward to lots more!
Alan :)

gealflings
05-06-2003, 09:22 PM
Joann: Thanks very much :)

Char: Thank you! I can't wait to see the next one either.. LOL.. she should be interesting, at least.. hehehe

Alan: LOL thanks! :D

Aselka
05-06-2003, 09:31 PM
Beautfiul painting. I love illustrative quality of it. I'm always enchanted by symbolic paintings with allegory and multiple details.

Aselka

gealflings
05-07-2003, 12:33 AM
Thanks very much, aselka!! Illustration is my absolute favorite.. I read like a mad fiend and am constantly sketching out everything that I see in my head, taking notes, etc... So when I was contacted to do these, I was completely overjoyed.. LOL.. and ridiculously nervous.. hehehe

Pep
05-11-2003, 03:10 PM
Ow! Very nice picture! So, they are twelve in total! Are they related with the astrological signs? you know, Im a Libra girl so when I saw the name Romeo/Libra I was very curious. Then I saw the balance and I really liked it very much^^:clap: :clap:

lynn_cyr
05-11-2003, 06:38 PM
This is really lovely! I love the style you have, and it's a nice change from what we're used to seeing in Watercolor.

It will make a great series, no doubt. Could even be transformed into a calendar at some point? Or even a big poster...

Great job! I can't wait to see the others!

Lynn

gealflings
05-11-2003, 07:01 PM
Thanks again Pep!! :D Yes, they're both zodiac and archetypes developed based on the discoveries of Carl Jung. :)

Lynn: Thank you very much!! And here I was, afraid my style wasn't serious enough for watercolor..It's nice to hear that it's not.. LOL.. :D