PDA

View Full Version : Finished Work--Allanah & Gary's hands

artmom
05-06-2003, 07:03 PM
Thanks to those who expressed concern re: our weather--between floods, power outages (several), fallen trees, our internet service being off and on and down for 14 hours, and then WC! being off line--we are okay!

Hi, everyone! I've finished my first skin and hand painting. I have offered it to Andy LaVallee for Allanah's baby box and he has graciously accepted it. He is the proud Grandpa!

Comments welcome.

Lyn

Approx. 7" x 7", Arches 140 lb W&N FUB, Winsor Violet, Permanent Rose, and Burnt Sienna and a hint of Burnt Umber

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-May-2003/11722-Angel_Hands--wc.jpg

pampe
05-06-2003, 07:10 PM
whew

glad you are ok

painting turned out well...what did you end up using for the skin colors?

and how nice of you to give it to Andy:clap:

Clasje
05-06-2003, 07:12 PM
Lyn I'm glad to hear that everything is OK in your part of the world even though the weather and computer problems are frustrating.

Love your finished painting of Allanah & Gary's hands. It really turned out marvellous.

Clasje :)

andylavallee
05-06-2003, 07:21 PM
Lyn I'm very happy to be slightly:D predudice in my comments, thank you so very much for the picture, I think it's brilliant!!!!

K8Black
05-06-2003, 07:51 PM
That is really lovely, Lyn, what a nice gift!

:)

Kate

Annetta
05-06-2003, 08:09 PM
Lyn, it turned out great :clapt: ...and what a generous, unselfish act to present it to Andy!!! You're an :angel:

Little Old Lady
05-06-2003, 08:34 PM
Lovely painting! Glad you survived without too much difficulty.
JoAnn

CharM
05-06-2003, 08:40 PM
Lyn, you old softie... :angel: I really like your composition... Wish I'd thought of it! You did a fantastic job with it!!! Please stay well and for heaven sakes, keep giving us upd!ates of your safe and well being!

artmom
05-06-2003, 08:42 PM
Pam, thanks for the concern; we're just under flood watch now.

I used Burnt Sienna for Gary's, along w/a little Permanent Rose, and Burnt Umber for some of rough skin. For Allanah, I used Permanent Rose--tried some yellow as suggested by Madmum, but it didn't work for me--so lifted that and kept layering Permanent Rose and lifting, etc., etc., etc. Use Permanent Pink for Gary's fingernails. FUB and Violet for background and shadows.

Clasje, JoAnn--thanks for comments and concern.

(((Andy))), my Grand man!

Kate, Annetta, thank you for commenting, and Andy is always doing nice things for his clients (above the call of duty and pay) and so I thought I'd try to do something nice for him I am pleased enough with the painting, to feel that he will enjoy it.

Lyn

artmom
05-06-2003, 11:24 PM
Char, you must have popped in while I was posting:D

We are just having severe flooding tonight--more rain and possible storms due tomorrow. One town about 20 miles south of us had 13 inches in 24 hours.

Thanks for looking and commenting!

Lyn

lyn lynch
05-07-2003, 12:03 AM
Looks good, Lyn. This snap on my to-do list also, thanks for the tips. LOL

mhimeswc
05-07-2003, 12:25 AM
What a precious painting! You did a fine job on the hands - a very difficult subject.

Michelle

capricorne
05-07-2003, 02:05 AM
very symbolic and expressive

Jan

Sher
05-07-2003, 02:17 AM
Thank God you are alright! Be safe and keep painting. I love your painting it is just precious!

rks
05-07-2003, 03:05 AM
:clap: Lyn, this is a fine painting. Hard to believe it is your first effort at skin tones. Well done! And how kind of you to give it to Andy for the baby. Hope you continue to be safe from the bad weather in your neck of the woods.

Roberta

madmum
05-07-2003, 03:10 AM
Originally posted by artmom
For Allanah, I used Permanent Rose--tried some yellow as suggested by Madmum, but it didn't work for me--so lifted that

Proves my advice is often terrible! lol This turned out beautiful, in spite of bad advice :) Well done, Lyn! Lucky Andy, Gary and Allanah!!!!!

Ruth

rapolina
05-07-2003, 03:15 AM
Hi lyn, i was thinking about you in America in last days, hoping no damage to you. happy to hear you're alright!:)

Your painting is very lovely, how cute the little hand is in the bigger one!
You made a great gift!
:clap: :clap:

ciao, rapolina.

Phillip
05-07-2003, 04:31 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by artmom
[B]Thanks to those who expressed concern re: our weather--between floods, power outages (several), fallen trees, our internet service being off and on and down for 14 hours, and then WC! being off line--we are okay!

Wow all this in one day,
you should buy a lotto ticket, I can't see how you could have anymore bad luck in one day.:confused:

vestalqueen
05-07-2003, 08:45 AM
Lyn, this is such a sweet painting! And you really did well with the skin tones. Andy will treasure it - as will his granddaughter!

I'm so glad you're okay over there. I know the rain is a pain, but right now out the window are the most magnificent clouds hanging down in the nooks and crannies of the mountains. Makes everything look nifty.

Hey, let's go build an ark!

Erin

artmom
05-07-2003, 09:16 AM
Fookie, as if YOU needed MY tips!! ROFLOL

Michelle--thanks!

Jan, that's why I did a cropped version of the photograph, I really wanted to close in on the circle Allanah's hand around Gary's finger--as someone commented "The Circle of Life."

Sher, thanks for commenting and concern!

Roberta, thanks for taking the time to look and to comment!

Madmum, your advice was NOT terrible! It just didn't fit with my vision of the painting. I would never have tried this, if not for your beautiful WIPs, etc. that I am learning from.

Ciao! Rapolina, and grazie (sp?):D

Phillip, I would, but our lottery isn't set up yet! ROFLOL

Erin, thanks! And, yes, the rain brings joy and beauty, too.
One ark coming up--come on over and we'll choose what color to paint it!!

Thanks, everyone, for your support, caring, and encouragement of my watercolor attempts!

Lyn

Olga
05-07-2003, 11:21 AM
You got just the right part of that photo to get a very nice composition. Such a sweet image, too.

Glad to hear you are safe

Olga

bubble
05-08-2003, 11:20 AM
Lyn, hello my name is Kim Lavallee, Andy's middle daughter and the proud mum of baby Allanah. I just wanted to say a big thank u for letting dad have the excellent painting you drew of Allanah and my partner Garys hands, unfortunatly i do not have the talent that you and my dad has but i am just happy to log on and look at everyone elses pictures. Thankyou once again, i am sure in years to come Allanah will enjoy your painting as many of us do now.

Gia
05-08-2003, 01:40 PM
Very nice, illustrative work...good to hear everything is ok there,
looked very scary on the news here:)

M.A.
05-08-2003, 03:55 PM
Lyn this turned out very nicely! Congrats!
:clap:

Sandy1
05-08-2003, 05:49 PM
So glad to hear all is well and you and yours are ok.
Beautiful painting.
Sandy