PDA

View Full Version : Daily Tail 5/6/03

Suzy78
05-06-2003, 07:30 AM
Hello, everybody! Those of us suffering through finals week wish we had time to paint today. OK, so I shouldn't be on here either...but it's kind of hard not to jump here when I check my email!

So, what new projects are in the works around here? Did I miss a new project for this month???

Suzy

ironhorse
05-06-2003, 09:28 AM
YA Suzy get back to work!;) ;)

I just came in from a walk. I went to go for a hour...was back in 15 min. It's just to stinking cold out there! The storm that is give the US tornatos is giving us a freek snow storms. YUCK!

Zodiak is staring to give me fits. I've painted the trees twice now and they keep cracking??? I may have to scrub it down to canvas and try again. SIGH.
Wings if I don't brun it I'll add it to the project.;) :p

I hope to finish Star in oils today. All I need to do is her mane and she'll be done. Then I hope to work some more on the appys.

Twyla

pencils4me
05-06-2003, 10:55 AM
Hi guys!

Well I spent all last week at a portrait class at the Scottsdale Art School. Now I'm trying to remember all that stuff. Which is funny because it was alot of the basics I had known about forever but just .... forgotten. *smacks self upside head* Even though it was a CP class - I worked in graphite for 4 days and color on my last day. Yep I had a blast and I'm excited again! I did post some doodles over in the CP forum, but haven't done any animals lately.

My husbands Uncle who is 85, ( his fathers brother who passed on a short while ago) had a stroke a few days ago ( I've seen him a dozen times in 26 years thats pretty sad) Today they called and his taken a turn for the worse. This is a side of the family I dont' know well, but we are off for the hospital in a bit.

Don't know what the day will hold, but I will take my trusty sketch pad and pencils - just in case.

Twyla - getting close to 90 here again today - but my tomatoes are just loving it!

*waves to Suzy and everyone else!*

bye

TJ

Leaflin
05-06-2003, 07:29 PM
Hi Guys :) *waving*

Sorry about your husbands Uncle TJ.

I worked out in the garden today.
My husband built me 4 garden boxes this spring.
They are 4' x 2' x 8".
He raised them about 3 feet off the ground so I can grow vegey's without having to bend over.

I need to get back to my art!

pencils4me
05-06-2003, 09:33 PM
(((((((Leaflin!))))) I've missed you!

ooooo I got some raised beds in this spring too! My tomatoes and my peppers are blooming like crazy. Seems they like the 90 degree weather this week ;)

Welcome Back!

:D

TJ

She-She
05-06-2003, 10:35 PM
Hi all
Just thought I would pop in for a bit. I should be doing some art tonight.
Last night I went to watch my 16 year old daughter play ball. It was mighty cool out there sitting, I had my winter coat on & mitts.
Hey Twyla, did you get any snow? We haven't but it has got down to 0 here. 90 above is just unheard of...lol.

TJ, sorry to hear about your loss. (((hugs)))

Leaflin, it's good to see you again. Hope you are feeling better.

Leaflin
05-07-2003, 08:17 AM
Thanks TJ and Shelia :)
It's good to be back!
I haven't used my digital camera since the first of the year and almost forgot how to load it on the computer.
Here is a shot of my "garden boxes" I took in the morning fog.
(and of course, Nick) :)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/07-May-2003/1471-garden.jpg