PDA

View Full Version : Weeping Hospital Windows


TeAnne
05-26-2001, 01:02 AM
Mixed media ( Graphite powder, bees wax, enamel paint, oil pastel, shellac and boot polish) This turned out exactly as I had visioned it.
<IMG SRC="http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/26-May-2001/DCP_0009.jpg" border=0>
detail
<IMG SRC="http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/26-May-2001/DCP_0008.jpg" border=0>

------------------
ART by TeAnne (http://www.ipec.net.au/teanne/TeAnneArt.html)
I must make a piece of art everyday for my own well being.

[This message has been edited by TeAnne (edited May 26, 2001).]

TeAnne
05-26-2001, 01:45 AM
and it's not meant to be pretty. http://www.wetcanvas.com/ubb/evilgrin.gif

------------------
ART by TeAnne (http://www.ipec.net.au/teanne/TeAnneArt.html)
I must make a piece of art everyday for my own well being.

Lulu
05-26-2001, 04:32 AM
Hmmmmm - fascinating, interesting, disturbing .... all rolled into one.
Hugs gf,
Lulu http://www.wetcanvas.com/ubb/smile.gif

TeAnne
05-26-2001, 05:58 AM
Originally posted by Lulu:
Hmmmmm - fascinating, interesting, disturbing .... all rolled into one.
Hugs gf,
Lulu http://www.wetcanvas.com/ubb/smile.gif
Thanks Lulu, thats a good reaction http://www.wetcanvas.com/ubb/smile.gif



------------------
ART by TeAnne (http://www.ipec.net.au/teanne/TeAnneArt.html)
I must make a piece of art everyday for my own well being.

Impulse
05-26-2001, 07:24 AM
You obviously didn't set out to make your viewer comfortable with blood dripping out of the window. You succeeded at that. Interesting concept. I wonder if the red wouldn't have more impact if the rest of the piece was a monochromatic grey rather than the purple? Good to see you experimenting. )

------------------
"every picture is a history of love and hate when read from the appropriate angle" -- Leopoldo Salas-Nicanor, 1731 (Reading Pictures, Alberto Manguel, 2000)

mame
05-26-2001, 07:36 AM
Good to see some gutsy exploration/investigation/searching hereabouts.

Every try tar? Thinned down with turps can get the most beautiful warm brownish greens.Mixed with a touch of Thalo Blue is to die for. Toxic as Haedes and takes forever to dry but it's pretty hot stuff.

Also there's a good beeswax substitute called Dorland's Wax. Comes in a jar. Good for expreimenting for an encaustic look.
Good going!

jerryW
05-26-2001, 09:04 AM
forget the bloody tears, the artwork has some merits. More for it's asymmetrical balance than it's symmetry or 'meaning'.
thanks for posting it.

TeAnne
05-26-2001, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by Impulse:
You obviously didn't set out to make your viewer comfortable with blood dripping out of the window. You succeeded at that. Interesting concept. I wonder if the red wouldn't have more impact if the rest of the piece was a monochromatic grey rather than the purple? Good to see you experimenting. )

Hi Impulse, you are right, it's been a long time since I have done any conceptual art. When I found out that I have to go to hospital for an op, I kept seeing this vision. So yeah I had to get it out. http://www.wetcanvas.com/ubb/evilgrin.gif I lso think you are right about the purple too. http://www.wetcanvas.com/ubb/smile.gif Thanks



------------------
ART by TeAnne (http://www.ipec.net.au/teanne/TeAnneArt.html)
I must make a piece of art everyday for my own well being.

TeAnne
05-26-2001, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by mame:
Good to see some gutsy exploration/investigation/searching hereabouts.

Every try tar? Thinned down with turps can get the most beautiful warm brownish greens.Mixed with a touch of Thalo Blue is to die for. Toxic as Haedes and takes forever to dry but it's pretty hot stuff.

Also there's a good beeswax substitute called Dorland's Wax. Comes in a jar. Good for expreimenting for an encaustic look.
Good going!

Thanks Mame, bitumen is my fave medium with enamel paint, it gives a marbleing effect that is sooooooooo gorgeous. http://www.wetcanvas.com/ubb/biggrin.gif
I would have used floor polish on this insted of the beeswax only it is out in the shed somewhere with the redbacked spiders. http://www.wetcanvas.com/ubb/frown.gif
I used the solid beeswax as a rub to blend the graphite powder.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

------------------
ART by TeAnne (http://www.ipec.net.au/teanne/TeAnneArt.html)
I must make a piece of art everyday for my own well being.

TeAnne
05-26-2001, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by jerryW:
forget the bloody tears, the artwork has some merits. More for it's asymmetrical balance than it's symmetry or 'meaning'.
thanks for posting it.
Thank you Jerry. http://www.wetcanvas.com/ubb/evilgrin.gif I think I know what you are saying.



------------------
ART by TeAnne (http://www.ipec.net.au/teanne/TeAnneArt.html)
I must make a piece of art everyday for my own well being.

JeanineJ
05-26-2001, 10:29 AM
TeAnne,
Good luck with your own hospital trek... Let us know when to start those novena prayers!
Now, don't laugh, but, my favorite part about this painting are the "brows" over the windows!
I agree with comment to tone down colors other than red tears for maximum impact...

------------------
Jeanine Jackson
Stamford, CT
www.peoplescapesct.com

TeAnne
05-26-2001, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by JeanineJ:
TeAnne,
Good luck with your own hospital trek... Let us know when to start those novena prayers!
Now, don't laugh, but, my favorite part about this painting are the "brows" over the windows!
I agree with comment to tone down colors other than red tears for maximum impact...

heheheh you can start now if you want, I am as scared as hell. Hate hospitals, there are sick people in there!
"Brows"? Girl thats my HAIR! lolol
Thanks for the feedback Jeanine http://www.wetcanvas.com/ubb/smile.gif



------------------
ART by TeAnne (http://www.ipec.net.au/teanne/TeAnneArt.html)
I must make a piece of art everyday for my own well being.

JeanineJ
05-26-2001, 11:01 AM
Hope you can bring your colored pencils in with you...
Prayers begin now.

------------------
Jeanine Jackson
Stamford, CT
www.peoplescapesct.com

TeAnne
05-26-2001, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by JeanineJ:
Hope you can bring your colored pencils in with you...
Prayers begin now.



Thanks Jeanine appreciated http://www.wetcanvas.com/ubb/biggrin.gif
I go in on the 18th June and home on the 21st. http://www.wetcanvas.com/ubb/eek.gif
New project started for Coloured pencil artists http://www.wetcanvas.com/ubb/smile.gif http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Projects/browse_details.msql?proj_id=68


------------------
ART by TeAnne (http://www.ipec.net.au/teanne/TeAnneArt.html)
I must make a piece of art everyday for my own well being.

Chuck
05-26-2001, 01:13 PM
Yo TeAnne:

You sent me here to find something "ugly." What you talkin' about woman?
Especially like color interaction of detail.

------------------
Have a creative day!
<A HREF="http://pages.prodigy.net/chuckberk/art" TARGET=_blank><FONT COLOR="purple">Chuck Berk ContemporaryFineArt</FONT c></A>
E-mail

animal
05-26-2001, 02:11 PM
Good Luck on your operation TeAnne! http://www.wetcanvas.com/ubb/biggrin.gif http://www.wetcanvas.com/ubb/angel.gif

TeAnne
05-26-2001, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by Chuck:
Yo TeAnne:

You sent me here to find something "ugly." What you talkin' about woman?
Especially like color interaction of detail.



Hey Chuck, thank you. http://www.wetcanvas.com/ubb/smile.gif Me thinks you are very kind http://www.wetcanvas.com/ubb/smile.gif


------------------
ART by TeAnne (http://www.ipec.net.au/teanne/TeAnneArt.html)
I must make a piece of art everyday for my own well being.

TeAnne
05-26-2001, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by animal:
Good Luck on your operation TeAnne! http://www.wetcanvas.com/ubb/biggrin.gif http://www.wetcanvas.com/ubb/angel.gif

Thanks animal, I still have a couple of weeks to stew on it. http://www.wetcanvas.com/ubb/frown.gif


------------------
ART by TeAnne (http://www.ipec.net.au/teanne/TeAnneArt.html)
I must make a piece of art everyday for my own well being.

colorme
05-26-2001, 08:15 PM
Hey this looks cool http://www.wetcanvas.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

TeAnne
05-26-2001, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by colorme:
Hey this looks cool http://www.wetcanvas.com/ubb/biggrin.gif
Thanks http://www.wetcanvas.com/ubb/smile.gif



------------------
ART by TeAnne (http://www.ipec.net.au/teanne/TeAnneArt.html)
I must make a piece of art everyday for my own well being.

cleo
05-26-2001, 11:44 PM
Much of your work is wonderful!

This is ART! I don't care why!

cleo

TeAnne
05-27-2001, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by cleo:
Much of your work is wonderful!

This is ART! I don't care why!

cleo

Thanks Cleo, I think a bit of venting with conceptual art is a cleansing. I can't say I like it. but who cares, I feel a bit better. http://www.wetcanvas.com/ubb/biggrin.gif http://www.wetcanvas.com/ubb/evilgrin.gif


------------------
ART by TeAnne (http://www.ipec.net.au/teanne/TeAnneArt.html)
I must make a piece of art everyday for my own well being.

gayelyn
05-27-2001, 12:30 AM
I didn't comment the first time I came, but I had to come back for a second look. It is a very strong and moving piece.

TeAnne
05-27-2001, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by gayelyn:
I didn't comment the first time I came, but I had to come back for a second look. It is a very strong and moving piece.

Thanks Gayelyn http://www.wetcanvas.com/ubb/smile.gif Nice of you to comment, http://www.wetcanvas.com/ubb/smile.gifActually I didn't expect any on this one.


------------------
ART by TeAnne (http://www.ipec.net.au/teanne/TeAnneArt.html)
I must make a piece of art everyday for my own well being.

Free2bu
05-27-2001, 10:03 AM
To me, this is what art is all about, an expression of our innermost feelings whether it be pain, fear, elation, whatever. Very moving, expecially knowing the motivation behind it. Best of luck to you.

TeAnne
05-27-2001, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by Free2bu:
To me, this is what art is all about, an expression of our innermost feelings whether it be pain, fear, elation, whatever. Very moving, expecially knowing the motivation behind it. Best of luck to you.

Thanks Free2bu, http://www.wetcanvas.com/ubb/smile.gifI just knew I had to create this one. Welcome to WC.



------------------
ART by TeAnne (http://www.ipec.net.au/teanne/TeAnneArt.html)
I must make a piece of art everyday for my own well being.