PDA

View Full Version : zilloot had a show-opening!

zilloot
05-05-2003, 12:19 PM
I survived!!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-May-2003/18080-hare-detail.jpg

Lots of people came and drank, pictures were bought, commissions arranged.

I didn't sell out, there were some lovely comments, some people whose mouths were attached to stinky parts of their anatomy, some people whose own egos didn't cope, and heaps of my friends who were wonderful!!! I'm not brilliant and normally shy but I did it!!!!!! (The gallery owner wants to buy the hare..... :D)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-May-2003/18080-rgrouse.jpg

Dark_Shades
05-05-2003, 12:24 PM
Sounds like you had a great time Zill, and couldnt get much better ..... ........ well done to you

.... so whens the next one lol ;)

soap
05-05-2003, 01:05 PM
Wow, so happy for you! Well done! Good for you!
:clap: :clap:

BTDogMom
05-05-2003, 01:10 PM
Congratulations on your show & this bunny picture is outstanding!!:clap: :clap:

Mo.
05-05-2003, 01:30 PM
Wonderful news. CONGRATULATIONS on your show... It's great to hear when someone has achieved success from all their hard work and efforts..... Well Done.:clap: :clap: :clap:

I'm so pleased for you.:) :)

cheers,
Mo.

Drumbeat-trish
05-05-2003, 02:46 PM
Onya zill :clap: :clap: *pats you on the back and pours you a drink * now put your feet up :D :D

flower
05-05-2003, 04:26 PM
Hi Zilloot,

Loved the pic of your hare, can imagine you had lots of stress am glad that you came through it all

warter
05-05-2003, 06:54 PM
Interesting technique, very painterly !! Great job !!!!

artbabe21
05-05-2003, 08:59 PM
hare is excellent...congrats on show! Love to hear about art shows & people who attend them...:)

bnoonan
05-05-2003, 09:22 PM
Hurrah to hear from you and your boundless energy and excitement over the show. Sounds like it went very well and you are pleased with things. Looks like all your hard work paid off!!! Well done on the hare. Love his expression and the fact that it feels like you really caught him in action.

Congratulations!! Barb

angecald
05-06-2003, 01:04 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap: Congratulations, Zill, great job! I love that hare, no wonder he sold so quickly.

zilloot
05-06-2003, 03:48 AM
THANK YOU ALL for the lovely comments.

I don't get a break - this show has led straight into some work I have to start now!!!!

I just want to say some dreams DO come true and if anybody needs encouragement to 'jump in' I have buckets.....

To all the WC folk who love 'art'..... :clap: go for it!!!

jackiesimmonds
05-06-2003, 03:52 AM
HOORAY!!!!!! That's the hard part over and done with. You can sit back and relax a little now.

Did you expect a sell-out? I think that might have been a bit ambitious, given the present economic climate.

You did really well, both emotionally and physically. I cannot understand people who make nasty comments, put it down to jealousy.

Many, many congrats. No-one, other than another artist, knows how hard it is to put your soul up on a wall.

Jacke

E-J
05-06-2003, 07:32 AM
Fiona ... we can never have enough enthusiasm, so thanks for sharing yours :) I take it this show was your very first? It takes courage to share your work, but it sounds as if yours was a stonking success!

:D :clap: :D

It is astounding what comes out of people's mouths when they're supposedly 'appreciating' art. I overheard one woman at Tate Modern, completely oblivious to the contents of a room packed with works of art, say to her friend: "It's such a pity they put gauze on the windows so you can't see what's outside."

Any more pics of your exhibition to share with us? :)

Luvy
05-06-2003, 08:51 AM
Many, many congrats. No-one, other than another artist, knows how hard it is to put your soul up on a wall.

Jacke

You know this is so true. I know before I started learning all this, I didn't appreciate the talent near as much as I do now. Now when I look at a painting I can appreciate the quality much more . I look at a painting differently now.

Zilloot I'm so happy for you and glad you had a great show. Wishing you many more successful shows. :clap:

meowmeow
05-06-2003, 01:42 PM
It sounds like it was wonderful! COngratulations!
Now you can relax! Or...get to work on those commissions!

Sandy

Katherine J
05-07-2003, 12:39 AM
Hearty congatulations and can't resist a pun (I think it's a pun) - that hare is outstanding in its field! It really is delightful.

Katherine

ptantono
05-07-2003, 01:49 AM
Very nice painting, love it. Congratulations !!!