PDA

View Full Version : Daily Tail 05/05/03

ironhorse
05-05-2003, 09:51 AM
Hay all!!

Thanks Wings for getting this going again. I kept thinking about it but never doing it.
On the home front here is very busy. Still working on the two oils plus finally fixing up "Sign of the Zodiak" I originally finished it in 1999 but was never happy with the background. So I put it back on the easel last night. Liking it much better now. Heres a before pic for ya. Really sucky pis as you cannot even see the blue sky that is there :rolleyes:
I'll post the changes later today.

Got started on a couple of cats portrait too. All of a sudden I have 4 pieces to do in pencil. It almost seems to come in waves. First in Cp's then in watercolour and now pencil!??

Twyla..off to have some breakfast!
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-May-2003/2974-zodiacwc.jpg

Crias
05-05-2003, 10:15 AM
Twyla- this piece turned out great! I have been busy with commisions too! I am currently working on a 18" x 24" color pencil montage of a little dog for a couple. Anyone who works in CP knows how long they take... I hope I don't burn out before the end! I am also doing a pencil drawing of a 13 year old's dead Golden Retriever. She is giving it as a gift to her father for fathers day, which I thought was cute, so I am doing it at a much reduced rate.

Beyond all the artwork, I love spring for photography. My neighbors down the way with all the roan yearlings finally have some new foals. Three of them appeared in the pasture between Friday and Yesterday (two bays and a black- who I think will become a blue roan)!! We are also expecting a baby llama anyday! I hope to get lots of pictures of all these babies soon and post some in the ref library here.

Furthermore- I bought a domain about a month ago and have beenw orking on getting everythign moved from my three seperate free sites onto my one site. I'll let you know when everything is done!

crazeejumper
05-05-2003, 02:42 PM
That's a beautiful piece, Twyla! I just love the shine on his coat.

Good luck with your site, Cathy! I wanna see it when it's all done! What program are you using to build it with?

Me, I'm BUSY as usual, studying, drawing when I can (sketchbook assignment due tomorrow!), mooning over the Triple Crown (now that Funny Cide's won, I want him to win it; I just want to see a winner in my lifetime!!!) :rolleyes:

ironhorse
05-05-2003, 04:57 PM
Thanks guys here is an updated pic.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-May-2003/2974-zodiak.jpg
Ya I was shocked that Funny Cide won too! I want a triple crown winner but it would be almost tragic if he did and then could not pass along those good genes!
I realy wanted Aswhatimtakingabout to win cuz he's a Secraterait grandson.
Crias I look froward to the new webpage. My Hubby does mine and it needs a freah look but pinning him down to do it is hard.

Twyla

Heather Gould-Hawke
05-05-2003, 05:23 PM
I like how Zodiak looks with the background change already.

Heather

Leaflin
05-05-2003, 09:09 PM
Hi everyone :)
I really like the change on Zodiak Twyla.
Cathy I hope you let us know when your site is ready.
My husband did mine for me.

I spent most the day working in my studio drawing ideas for some new whistles.

We had a small earthquake about 20 miles from us today, 3.9 on the Richter Scale.
Thats a pretty rare event in the Blue Ridge Mountains.
The house shook a bit and scared the heck out of Nick.

Hope everyone has a good evening!

Wingnut
05-05-2003, 09:27 PM
Beautiful work Twyla!! Will you add it to the horses in motion project? You certainly have the motion part down! :D

As for Funny Cide :( they'll probably keep racing him trying to win more money until he breaks down - but if he wins the triple crown at least he has a shot at a nice retirement at the Kentucky Horse Park or somewhere like that (I hope!) what ever happened to Cigar? :evil: they can be roomies or something... :p

shedreamsbig
05-06-2003, 07:33 PM
WOW!

Twyla,

Beautiful Painting!!

I guess I should update everyone on my new horse! I have really sad news!! He was in his paddock when I guess he spoked and went through the fence!! :crying: I owners (My Friends) Won't sell him to me know because the Vet bills are bound to be outragous!!:crying: I cryed yesterday when I went to visit him... He is cut to shreds and has a nasty right front leg injury....:( He looked so sad... It was awful! But another friend of mine has offed to sell me her Three year old TB Gelding.... He is gourgous too but I am totally heart broken over "Y~51" My gourgous Blue eyed Paint!!:crying:

I took Photos of him on sunday as soon as I get them developed I will post them here and in the referance Library!

I am hoping that the owners will allow me to pay the vet bills or part...I am not sure how I would do it but I really want him still! I just loved him!! Oh well! :(

Christina

Leaflin
05-06-2003, 08:52 PM
(((((Christina)))))
I'm so sorry that happened.
My thoughts are with you.

shedreamsbig
05-06-2003, 08:58 PM
You know what.... I think I am just having a run of bad luck as of late!!:rolleyes:

Thank you, Leaflin!!

I just talked to the owners and they said he is going to be permently lame!!:crying:

the Vet said that the damage to his right leg is really bad! They are cconsidering putting him down...:confused: This is really a kick in the pants! I have got to stop caring about things!! Every time I do something bad happens!:rolleyes: :crying: !!!!!

Christina:crying: