PDA

View Full Version : Essentials

Luvy
05-05-2003, 01:17 AM
Went to the art store today to restock and bought some Fabriano paper 50 sheets 8.5 x 12 for $5.98 Never tried it thought I would for that price It's cold press watercolor paper. A young guy there said he usually uses watercolor cold press for his pastels. Thought why not try it for that price. Started this around 10:30 and now it's after 1 so I'm off to bed. Will work on it more tomorrow. Having trouble getting more pastels to stick so may spray it tomorrow and go from there.

Dark_Shades
05-05-2003, 04:36 AM
Interesting composition there Luvy, you come up with some great ideas......... that paper is so cheap!!! ....... some time back I bought a pad of that Fabriano, could not of had more than 15-20 sheets in it and cost me 8.95/$5.97!!! - I hope you guys over there appreciate how lucky you all are to get all these art supplies so easily available and such great prices

Luvy
05-06-2003, 11:13 AM
Dark this paper was on clearence. Only two pads left. But I like using larger paper so just bought 1 of the 2 left. Also picked up some pastels that were on sale Can't think of the name of them now grrrr But they were selling for 69 cents vs the usual $1.52. So bought several of those after asking one of the sales clerks I know is an artist. He said they were pretty nice to work with. Anyway here's the update. Been busy Daughter moved home yesterday My house is a disaster. I just cleaned it up so good too LOL Spring cleaning

I have trouble finding a variety of paper around here. Just Canson and strathmore. I'd like to order some on line but they are vague as to just what you are buying. Don't know if it's a pad of paper or what. Colors Very confusing on the internet.

Luvy
05-06-2003, 11:14 AM
Had trouble getting a good photo of this one.

Dark_Shades
05-06-2003, 11:59 AM
this is coming along nice luvy...... like the wallet and the coins.....

lol DID you know your daughter was coming home ...... I did that once hee hee..... moved back to my parents..... they didnt know..... they were away on holiday/vacation at the time :D
.... Ha!, had to do it that way..... they wouldnt of allowed me back otherwise :evil: hee hee ...... Id like to move back now!! ;)

pampe
05-06-2003, 12:17 PM
looking good, Luvy

are you going to put in light hi-lights?

I get my paper online.....from ASWexpress.com or Cheap Joes....

no art supply here...so I get EVERYTHING on line or when travelling

Artaholic
05-06-2003, 01:21 PM
Luvy , looking good. I use wc paper and coat it with 2 coats of gesso with pumice added and get great tooth.
I would recommend using 140 weight or 300 . as they hold up beter. I haven't tried cold press though, but I have some so don't see what I can lose.

Gerry