PDA

View Full Version : untitled (landscape)

bocote
05-05-2003, 12:58 AM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/05-04-2003/21291_water.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: untitled (landscape)
Year Created: 2003
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 24 x 30
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
my digital camera is making me very angry. Colors are false and no texture is visable. This is an attempt at a 2 color landscape with low contrast.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
likes and dislikes are good. I dont have any particular questions.

woodguy
05-05-2003, 02:09 AM
Bocote.....Based on the picture, I would say, "more contrast"! But you stated that was not your intent. So I am not sure what else to say. I think that the sun is too yellow, but that the reflections on the water at the right are very good! Jim

Ginette
05-05-2003, 02:27 AM
You mentioned the digital camera making you angry.
Is it that the image does not show up here as it is in life?

Have you tried using an image editing program like Adobe to adjust your image color & contrast as well as gamma?

I know I could not do without it.
My images hardly ever look like the real thing unless I do some adjusting.

Ginette

bocote
05-05-2003, 02:32 AM
Thanks woodguy. In the picture the sun does indeed look very yellow, but I feel that it's hue and intensity is on par with the rest of the colors. I'm looking at it now on the wall and it seems good. I just could not get a good picture to save my life. Monday I'll get a picture outside and see what happens - which I should have done first, but I'd been dying to post something cause I've been couped up working on mushrooms for 3 weeks. This work was done from imagination and I gathered ideas from some of monet's paintings at various evening times. I wanted something hazy, light, and warm.

there are basically 3 values here. almost pure white, tannish violet, and orange/violet/tan with many tints and tones. I mixed up 2 colors and white and it took about 2 hours.

To give an idea on how much my camera sucks the white water below the sun is pretty much pure white.

bocote
05-05-2003, 02:43 AM
Ginette: I have photoshop 5.0 and do use the contrast / light+dark option thing. I dont mess with much else though.

Here is an attachment. image on left is what the camera got (reduced in size from original, but colors true). image on right is one I got while it was on wall and did my best in PS to make it look the best. One on left is the one that was originally posted pre-photoshop.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-May-2003/21291-water2.jpg

jerryW
05-05-2003, 07:11 AM
definitely high skill
restricting color is
unadviseable except when fullfilling some contract.
color is like life.

artbabe21
05-05-2003, 01:59 PM
digital cameras, though high tech can be a pain...

Ginette...you're photos are so very crisp, how do they not become degraded after all the program manipulation...:confused:

this is a lovely European scene...you've quite a talent...mushroom man...:)