PDA

View Full Version : Tulip painting done

Turtle33
05-04-2003, 08:37 PM
hi everyone :)
i finished the tulip painting and it isn't my best but it is alright.
i think i will use this painting for the AIDS network, Mayor's reception.

i took this painting as far as i could. comments appreciated!

thanks
Sarah

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-May-2003/16927-tulip.jpg

CharM
05-04-2003, 10:09 PM
Your work is ALWAYS lovely, Sarah... I think I would still have liked a softer background, but this works... It makes the whole composition quite interesting! Good job!!!!!!!!!!

jkook
05-04-2003, 11:09 PM
Sarah, this is beautiful and it's more than just all right !! Great composition and color. You really under estimate yourself.

babybrush
05-04-2003, 11:13 PM
turned out great!! love it.

Bethany

miss rain
05-04-2003, 11:25 PM
Beautiful!!:clap:
Madi

mhimeswc
05-04-2003, 11:35 PM
I too would have preferred a simpler background, but it's still a beautiful painting. Good job on that third tulip.

Michelle

surreal
05-05-2003, 12:26 AM
It is a beauty!

Alan Cross
05-05-2003, 12:54 AM
Nice finsh Sarah.....
Alan :)

warter
05-05-2003, 01:36 AM
Great technique..Good job !!!

artmom
05-05-2003, 02:05 AM
Sarah, you are amazing! Very nice. I'm with Char and Michelle--I would have liked a little softer (or lighter) background, to make the tulips POP more.

However, it has a rather stately look--the right matting and framing will again result in a very worthy painting!:)

Lyn

Uschi
05-05-2003, 09:48 AM
I too liked it with the lighter background for the Spring feeling, now it is more of a mood painting and also quite beautiful!!!
Uschi

Lady Carol
05-05-2003, 10:13 AM
Sarah, this is great as always.

You have darks amongst the leaves on the left and yet you have light colors on the right. My eyes are drawn to the leafy area on the right rather than wandering around the whole painting. I think it may be better balanced if those areas on the right were darkened.

Maybe others will be able to suggest better.

yahooserious
05-05-2003, 11:17 AM
Sarah, these are beautiful. You really pulled it off..

Emilie

Darren
05-05-2003, 11:27 AM
Sarah, beautiful--I think the third tulip made a big difference. I had the same thought as Carol about the dark leaves on the left--maybe just a dark leaf on the right peeking through?

Uschi said it--a mood painting. From the post at least, it seems like your painting is predominantly mid-values--is that one way of achieving "moodiness"?

thanks and it is beautiful

darren

Turtle33
05-05-2003, 04:15 PM
hi Darren,
thanks. i like this painting but not as much as my fish paintings.
i can try playing with the leaves and making some dark. i will think about it :)
i don't know that it is a mood painting. the background was really giving me trouble so i just splattered paint around, really.
thanks Carol.i will play with the leaves a little bit later on. there is no rush for this to be completely done. it is not due for the AIDS network until June 6th :)
thanks Uschi. i had wanted to do better on the tulips though. i took a lot of reference pictures of tulips so i am sure i will do another soon.
thanks Lyn, i am glad you like the painting. it is not my best though. i had a lot of problems with it.

thanks warter:D
thanks Alan! i am glad you think it looks alright :D :D
thanks Surreal, Michelle and Madi
thanks Bethany, Jim and CharM. i am eventually doing another tulip that will hopewfully be better

Sarah

M.A.
05-05-2003, 04:20 PM
Looks great!