PDA

View Full Version : messing around in boats

guilliame
05-04-2003, 09:40 AM
Something else i have been working on,didn't use any blue in the water only the paper was blue,thought i'd post now as i am working on another scene of the same thing,took me about a month to learn to water ski just couldn't stay on my feet so when i took my kids for the 1st time so i worried about them falling in but they all came out the water and never fell in once:D

sundiver
05-04-2003, 12:09 PM
Oh, I like this. Reminds me of Monet and Renoir; they often painted people having a good time around water. I think the water line slopes down to the left, but that could be the scan.

Drumbeat-trish
05-04-2003, 01:47 PM
Nice atmoshere happening . I'm sitting here studying the great job you did on the reflections !!!!!!! What size is this????? Look forward to seeing the next one :)

Dark_Shades
05-04-2003, 02:24 PM
looking good Guilly ...... like it

mhimeswc
05-04-2003, 02:46 PM
I really like this. How big is it? What more do you want to do on it? If it isn't too big, I think you can just put in a few darks and call it finished. Nice!!!

Michelle

guilliame
05-04-2003, 05:27 PM
Sundiver what a nice thing to say,i'm chuffed,i was depressed this afternoon as my football team lost i'm a avid gooner now i'm a goner still your nice compliment cheered me right up and i got to working on my 2nd effort on encore back in the water:)
Trish,thanks a lot the size is 12x9,which is size of canson mi-teintes paper i buy a pad of 20 sheets of assorted colours light thro dark i get change for a cup of coffee from 10 at my local art shop,sometimes i cut them in half if i;m running short:D
DS thanks glad you liked it i'm quite pleased with the way it worked out,oh while i'm on,about framing as well as the S/L and E/P you might just as well get that horse done:D
mhimeswc,thanks also for viewing and your comments,size 12x9,yes some tweaking here and there i get so far in one session and get tired so i leave it and move on to something else seem to get a fresh burst of energy that way:)

Dark_Shades
05-04-2003, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by guilliame

DS thanks glad you liked it i'm quite pleased with the way it worked out,oh while i'm on,about framing as well as the S/L and E/P you might just as well get that horse done:D

lol Guilly, actually because of you hee hee, I did buy two frames today :) ....... not sure if they will be any good, will let you know ;)

Mo.
05-04-2003, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by guilliame
Sundiver what a nice thing to say,i'm chuffed,i was depressed this afternoon as my football team lost i'm a avid gooner now i'm a goner still your nice compliment cheered me right up and i got to working on my 2nd effort on encore back in the water:)
Trish,thanks a lot the size is 12x9,which is size of canson mi-teintes paper i buy a pad of 20 sheets of assorted colours light thro dark i get change for a cup of coffee from 10 at my local art shop,sometimes i cut them in half if i;m running short:D
mhimeswc,thanks also for viewing and your comments,size 12x9,yes some tweaking here and there i get so far in one session and get tired so i leave it and move on to something else seem to get a fresh burst of energy that way:)

Hey Guilli you are so good at painting groups of people... thinking here of others you have done...lunch (which I call the last supper :)) and didn't you do a few market type scenes too? This sems to be your forte.. this is really so good, it is similar to those impressionist paintings but with a modern day theme.... I like it very mcuh...your water and reflections are excellent.

Noticed what you said above about Cansons .... doesn't your art shop sell it loose by the sheet? Here I can buy a sheet of Cansons about 113/4 inches by 8 for 30p a sheet.... and also choose my colours, let me know if you want some. I can always post them on.

cheers,
Mo.

louiethe_cat
05-04-2003, 09:32 PM
Hi Guilliame
This looks really nice, I agree with Sundiver, looks like a Monet, nice water reflections:clap: Alan

Redsy333
05-05-2003, 07:49 AM
veryyyyyyy nice and impressionistic....love those water reflections!!!

Sueb
05-05-2003, 08:47 AM
Wow! Great water and the reflections are beautiful.

ue

Artaholic
05-06-2003, 01:33 AM
Nice paintings!! what every one else said here too:) :)

Gerry

guilliame
05-06-2003, 12:18 PM
Thanks a lot Mo for your comments and yes i do enjoy putting people in my paintings,next monday the 12th i will be taking my 1st life drawing class 14 for the day,only drawing at first for newbies pencils,graphite or charcoal once i get through that with the art teacher then i can go with any medium i like,getting nervy now,anyway i'm glad you enjoyed the paintings it was fun to do,will be in touch later about the pastel paper thanks for the offer:D

louiethecat,Redsy,Sueb and Artaholic.
Thanks you guys certainly brightened up my day with your comments:D

meowmeow
05-06-2003, 12:28 PM
Very nice! The figures are wonderful!

SAndy