PDA

View Full Version : Ink & Wash.

Phillip
05-04-2003, 05:21 AM
Here is my 2nd Ink drawing, I place a very soft blue wash on this one,

I used a dip pen & Art Specturm pigmented ink in Burnt sienna.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-May-2003/21263-2nd_ink_and_wash.jpg

I was wondering I am new to this ink drawing.

How do I clean the dip pen? is it important to not let any ink dry on it??

seejay
05-04-2003, 05:59 AM
I can see you are trying a number of different strokes already Phillip. Does your book of exercises have some examples of different hatchings to try?

Cleaning your dip pen: YES, keep it clean, as in wash it as soon as you have finished with it, and you may even need to wash everynow and then if you are using it for a long time. Water should do if the ink hasn't dried. I wash mine with soap and water when I'm finished using mine.

I like that Burnt Sienna. The wash looks like it goes well with it too.

Keep on dipping!;)

Phillip
05-04-2003, 06:26 AM
Thanks Chris,
I better go & clean my dip pen.:D

Phillip
05-04-2003, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by seejay
I can see you are trying a number of different strokes already Phillip. Does your book of exercises have some examples of different hatchings to try?

Cleaning your dip pen: YES, keep it clean, as in wash it as soon as you have finished with it, and you may even need to wash everynow and then if you are using it for a long time. Water should do if the ink hasn't dried. I wash mine with soap and water when I'm finished using mine.

I like that Burnt Sienna. The wash looks like it goes well with it too.

Keep on dipping!;)

Yes the book I have shows different strokes in it. It's a library book on figure drawing, it's got a section in it on Inks.

Not easy getting that wash on there without bleeding, I had to be very carefulll. Must buy some 100% waterproof ink one day. or maybe I didn't wait long enough for the ink to dry..
I was in a hurry to finnish it off. but it turned out good, I think.

It's got more colour in it than whats shown. Not a very good scan.

artdude
05-04-2003, 10:40 AM
Pretty good for just being your second drawing Phillip :) Some good placement of your shading. :D:)