PDA

View Full Version : Need help

Frank Fan
05-04-2003, 03:45 AM
this subject I have posted before, it's a half sheet, this one is a full sheet, but it's not finished yet, I am not sure what should be the next step, I hope to put two chicken on the foreground and a dead wood on the background, any commend appreciated.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-May-2003/6882-w0503.jpg

madmum
05-04-2003, 04:54 AM
Frank, this looks finished! I think a chicken might be a nice addition, but I can't imagine how a dead tree would look in the background. I'd be tempted to leave that out. :)

Ruth

Nitsa
05-04-2003, 05:05 AM
I like this just as it is....Wonderful use of shadows and darks and I like your foreground grasses....I would just frame it! :D

artmom
05-04-2003, 06:05 AM
Frank, do you mean a dead tree or logs for a fire? I think a colorful chicken or two would add some great life to a wonderful painting!:D

Lyn

M.A.
05-04-2003, 06:36 AM
Frame it.

painterbear
05-04-2003, 06:42 AM
Frank,

Your colors are beautiful and the variety of textures in the walls is very interesting. I think the chickens would be an interesting addition, but I'm not sure where you would put the dead tree? Would it just be showing in the background above the house?

My eye keeps being drawn to the texture of the wall of the house on the left (facing the screen). For some reason, it almost looks as if it were quilted instead of being hard stone. IMHO, the way you have painted the shadow areas in the stones makes them look rounded and puffy rather than angular and hard.

It is a beautiful painting as it stands, I look forward to seeing your finished version.

KansasLady
05-04-2003, 07:03 AM
Nice colors in the stonework! Good composition in my opinion.

Now, the focus of your painting is the gate. If you add a chicken, I think the focus will switch to the chicken. The eyes land first on signs of life, to objects that move, I've been told. And now the chicken would probably have to go in the light part of the foreground. How would you paint it so it would be connected to the rest of the picture?

I can see you are more expert than I at watercolors, but these things might be something to consider.

I think your picture looks good as it is. Ready to frame.:clap:

Frank Fan
05-04-2003, 08:37 AM
Thank so much for all of your commend, now I pasted two chicken by using Photoshop, and add the dead tree like this one, I don't know if the focus pint will switch to the chicken or not?

mchew
05-04-2003, 09:01 AM
Hi Frank,

I think adding chickens will be a nice touch... but i think the two chicken in you photoshop manipulation are too symetrical... both having the same pose... I suggest you paint one at that pose and the other one in another pose... perhaps looking up.

As for the dead branch... I didn't like the idea in the first place as I didn't know where you can put it... but having seen you photoshop pic... I think it's a nice addition to balance out the composition...

So, go ahead... this is already very well painted... :)

lyn lynch
05-04-2003, 09:34 AM
The same as what MCHEW said. Exactly. Word by word.
Add small bits for the chickens to be pecking at.
I love this composition and the way that you paint it.
It shows abandoned of the house and the greens growing into the courtyard support the feel. Bricks of the gate and stones [rocks] of the house are well painted indeed.

pampe
05-06-2003, 09:59 PM
EXCELLENT!!!!!!!!:clap: