PDA

View Full Version : Midnight....you might remember

nickib
03-19-2012, 07:43 PM
This is a portrait I did of my Love, my dog, Midnight. I have changed the bg about 5 times and I like this one. She has cancer and I am going to have to put her down soon. I am very lucky to have had her in my life for 14 years and I am going to miss her so much. Hope you can see the love in her eyes:):)http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Mar-2012/198534-midnight2.jpg

tigress
03-19-2012, 07:47 PM
I love the bg. What an original idea. So sorry you must part with Midnight. I know how it feels believe me. Fay

Dancing Rabbit
03-19-2012, 07:49 PM
It is a beautiful reminder of your sweet pup, I am teary-eyed just looking at it.
I know your pain as years ago I had to put my 'soul-pup' down at 16 years of age, she had organ failure.
The vet let me hold her while he gave her the shot, so I got to be there for her when she took her last breath.

-Hugs to you

Obedec
03-19-2012, 08:44 PM
Heartrendingly Beautiful. I lost my heart dog April of last year...tears and hugs sent your way.

Winky'sMom
03-19-2012, 08:58 PM
This is beautifully done, and heartbreaking. I am so sorry for what you and Midnight are going through right now. Give her a big hug for me.

ArtbyPeggy
03-19-2012, 10:02 PM
nicki you did a beautiful job on Midnight and the love sure does show through! I'm so sorry you will be losing her! It is wonderful that you've been loved by her and she's had your love for 14 years. Remember the good times and treasure them during the hard times to come :grouphug:

wildlifeart89
03-19-2012, 10:02 PM
What a sweetheart, those eyes are so soulful! I'm very sorry to hear about Midnight, she will have limitless tennis balls in heaven.:o:heart:
Paige

evartpat
03-19-2012, 10:49 PM
What a beautiful tribute to your sweetie. It is so tough, they give us so much joy and it is never long enough...

Barb'sArt
03-20-2012, 02:00 AM
Oh YES, I can see the love, both hers for you and yours for her. the emmotion you put into this portrait is coming from your heart, that is coming very clearly through in her eyes.

Nicki, there aren't any words that will make this any less difficult. I can only assure you that when the time comes she will still be with you, both in your heart, and in Spirit.
But, for now, cherish the moments and make some more wonderful memories.
She's beautiful, and you did a fantastic job!:grouphug:

tulabula
03-20-2012, 04:11 AM
My heart breaks for you, I know the pain all too well.
This is a beautiful tribute to your sweet pup!

skappy
03-20-2012, 04:28 AM
So sorry to hear that Nicki as most pet owner we had to face that situation it is not easy at all
Robert:grouphug:

nickib
03-20-2012, 10:58 AM
You all are awesome!! Thank you for your comforting words:heart::heart::heart:Nicki

Lexycat
03-20-2012, 02:20 PM
Awww Nicki, what a little cutie - when I look at this I see her running around full of life and mischief chasing that ball, all excited and happy with her world and her loving Mom:)

Kathrin G.
03-20-2012, 03:42 PM
what a beautiful portrait of a gorgeous girl :heart:
:grouphug: going out to you, its never easy :grouphug:

lisapencil
03-20-2012, 04:44 PM
It's so very sad when we have to say goodbye to our furry friends, our thoughts are with you. You have a beautiful piece to reminder you of the good times. :cat:

coconut
03-20-2012, 11:33 PM
A lovely tribute to your sweet Midnight.
So sad to hear this. It hurts to lose our little friends but find comfort in knowing you're giving her the best life and love.

FaeLynn
03-20-2012, 11:39 PM
:crying: Aww Nicki:grouphug:
Sorry to hear this. It's so hard to let them go and yet it's the right thing to do. Colleen said something to me that I found extremely helpful recently. And it is so simple in principle. Keep gratitude in your heart.. for the happy times you have had, and it will ease the sorrow a bit when that time comes... A heart that is full of gratitude has less room for sorrow and despair.
Lovely portrait by the way, and yes, I see and feel the love.
Thinking of you!!:heart:

nickib
03-21-2012, 12:18 AM
:crying: Aww Nicki:grouphug:
Sorry to hear this. It's so hard to let them go and yet it's the right thing to do. Colleen said something to me that I found extremely helpful recently. And it is so simple in principle. Keep gratitude in your heart.. for the happy times you have had, and it will ease the sorrow a bit when that time comes... A heart that is full of gratitude has less room for sorrow and despair.
Lovely portrait by the way, and yes, I see and feel the love.
Thinking of you!!:heart:

That is so sweet Fae Lynn:heart: thank you so much. And I will take your advice:)Nicki

nickib
03-21-2012, 12:20 AM
Lisa, Kathrin, Lexy, and Coconut , really appreciate your words and thoughts. Thank you so much!!!:clap:Nicki

GailT
03-21-2012, 02:17 AM
What a lovely portrait, and a great background idea. Sorry to hear the sad news. We lost our little furry girl 5 years ago and I still tear up from time to time. Gail

midcoast
03-21-2012, 06:53 AM
What a beautiful portrait of a lovely companion :)

My heart goes out to you...sounds like you two have had amazing times together!

Nancy

Phranque
03-21-2012, 07:19 AM
She looks very sweet. Midnight is a lucky girl to have you, she's obviously very loved and that's what really counts.

nickib
03-21-2012, 08:06 PM
Thank you Gail, Nancy, and Frank :wave: Your support is so helpful:):). Midnight was put down today. I stayed with her and held her and cried my eyes out. That is what life is all about yes? yes....thanks again, Nicki

nickib
03-22-2012, 09:04 PM
I am doing a lot better today....

FaeLynn
03-22-2012, 11:01 PM
:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

Aww Nicki. I share your pain. I really do. Do you realize, that if you hadn't loved Midnight so much, it wouldn't hurt so bad?? So please, somewhere in amidst that pain, feel the deeper LOVE beneath it and KNOW you did the most loving thing you could for sweet Midnight. Embrace that love and it will carry you through this. Take care, my friend.:heart: Sending you peace and healing hugs.

Barb'sArt
03-22-2012, 11:10 PM
Nicki,
I'm so very sorry to read that Midnight went to the bridge. i'm sorry that i haven't been on much the last couple of days.
I know the emptiness you're feeling, but try and concentrate on her life, and the happy times you two had the pleasure of sharing. She's still with you, watching over you, and yes dear, she Loves you very much! Every once in awhile, she'll let you know she is still there, not to worry.:) :grouphug:

chammi kaiser
03-27-2012, 03:40 AM
Oh! Nicki, sweetie, my heart goes out to you. What a beautiful tribute. I can see the love that went into that painting. I know just how you are feeling at the moment. When I had to put down my little Jack Russel, Muffin, I missed her so dreadfully and cried for weeks afterwards. Three years down the line, I am able to remember with laughter and joy the funny things she did, the pleasure we had with her and the wonderful gift of knowing such a special little four-legged girl. You were very brave to have tackled that portrait. I am only doing one now of Muffy - just did not have the courage. Try to think hard about the life of Midnight rather than her leaving you. I know it is small comfort but it does help. A very warm and loving hug for you.

nickib
03-27-2012, 02:38 PM
Thank you so much Fae Lynn, Barb, and Chammi, right now I don't seem to be dealing with it very well. All the things that remind me of her during the day are hitting me hard. I know it will get better, I just have to remind myself to go through it , experience all the feelings, and realize it is all normal. Thanks again for your kind words and support

kasey1
03-27-2012, 04:19 PM
lovely portrait showing so much soul. when you believe in reincarnation you can figure that the spirit will be back with you again before long.....

jbart
03-27-2012, 08:48 PM
She is a beautiful dog and I feel for you having to lose her. You have a great painting to remember her by.

nickib
03-27-2012, 08:57 PM
awwww thanks Karen and Jimmie. Karen, I am open to all possibilities:). I decided to paint this about 2 years ago. I knew she was getting up there in age and I wanted to make sure I had a painting of her. Glad you like it, and thanks for your kind words:wave:Nicki

K Taylor-Green
03-27-2012, 10:52 PM
What a beautiful tribute to your beloved friend. Having lost one of mine recently, I truly understand your pain.

nickib
03-27-2012, 11:08 PM
Isn't it just awful Karen!!! I think because they just love you unconditionally. I tell you my heart is just broken. I too am sorry for you pain. Hang in there and I will too ok?:) Nicki

VickiB
03-28-2012, 01:39 AM
Nicki this is a great tribute to midnight, I'm so sorry you lost your friend. We had a dog that looked just like her, and the tennis ball was an integral part of his life. A superb piece that will trigger memories for a life time.
Vicki.

claudiasnest
03-28-2012, 02:01 AM
Very Beautiful!! I had a dog that look a lot like her for almost 16 years.. She was my best friend...You do beautiful work!

skappy
03-28-2012, 02:31 AM
Big Hug Niki I know exactly how you're feeling you hurt yourself for her tobe in peace that is what love is about
Robert

rudatartisan
03-28-2012, 06:05 AM
I love the idea of the tennis ball, and it adds a great deal to this touching portrait. I have a 15 year old dog who is gradually slowing down, but is still the alpha in my pack. Some day soon, I'll have to do a painting similar to this one. Thanks for sharing!

The fact that the tennis ball is not perfectly round really bothers me, however, and detracts from the painting. You can see from my illustration where the errors lie. I'd recommend getting out a compass, and making sure it's correct. You could cut a perfect circle out of some mylar or posterboard to make a stencil to ensure it's perfect. Look at the inside edge of the circle I drew on the painting and you can see where the shape is wrong.

KarenESP
03-28-2012, 08:12 AM
Nice work!

nickib
03-28-2012, 09:57 AM
Nicki this is a great tribute to midnight, I'm so sorry you lost your friend. We had a dog that looked just like her, and the tennis ball was an integral part of his life. A superb piece that will trigger memories for a life time.
Vicki.

Oh my goodness Vicki thank you and I have to share a story with you:). I took Midnight to the park one day and I had to have her on a leash, so I got a fifty foot rope for a leash and then I planned on throwing the tennis ball so she could just run and run and run. Well I had shorts on and knelt down buy her to tie the rope to her collar. I placed the rope under my left knee to secure it so she couldn't run off. As soon as I threw the ball, I knew I was in trouble!!!! She took off running and I ended up with a huge rope burn in my knee. Great memories.... Nicki

nickib
03-28-2012, 10:01 AM
Very Beautiful!! I had a dog that look a lot like her for almost 16 years.. She was my best friend...You do beautiful work!

Thank you Claudia, Midnight was the best dog I ever had. She was almost human, and she followed me everywhere. And when I would have to leave her she would not eat. I am so glad you had a dog like her:)Nicki

nickib
03-28-2012, 10:03 AM
Big Hug Niki I know exactly how you're feeling you hurt yourself for her tobe in peace that is what love is about
Robert

Awwww thanks Robert and a Big hug Back to You!! The Vet told me I didn't have to stay, and I said , " This is the least I could do for all that she has given me" Life is not easy, right? But it is worth it. Nicki

nickib
03-28-2012, 10:06 AM
Rudatartisan, :). You have so busted me :lol::lol::lol: , actually I was surprised I got it so close free hand. Thank you so much for the suggestions and I will re post when I get it done:) Nicki

nickib
03-28-2012, 10:07 AM
Thank you Karen, I must say I love your work!!:)Nicki

KJSieloff
03-28-2012, 10:42 AM
Oh Nicki, I just saw this. I absolutely love this painting you did of her, what a beautiful tribute to her.

I'm teary eyed over your loss, I had to go through the same thing a few years back. I still miss my Aussie, she was a total love to my family. I had her put down when she was 16, her hind quarters just stopped supporting her completely. She couldn't get around anymore, was blind and deaf.

I'm sending huge hugs your way. Seeing what you were able to do for Midnight is giving me the courage to try one of my Aussie. We shall see....

Kate

nickib
03-28-2012, 10:54 AM
Oh Nicki, I just saw this. I absolutely love this painting you did of her, what a beautiful tribute to her.

I'm teary eyed over your loss, I had to go through the same thing a few years back. I still miss my Aussie, she was a total love to my family. I had her put down when she was 16, her hind quarters just stopped supporting her completely. She couldn't get around anymore, was blind and deaf.

I'm sending huge hugs your way. Seeing what you were able to do for Midnight is giving me the courage to try one of my Aussie. We shall see....

Kate
Oh Kate, I am sending you hugs as well!!! That is so heart breaking. :grouphug: take care, and thank you so much!! Nicki

VickiB
03-29-2012, 07:11 AM
Oh my goodness Vicki thank you and I have to share a story with you:). I took Midnight to the park one day and I had to have her on a leash, so I got a fifty foot rope for a leash and then I planned on throwing the tennis ball so she could just run and run and run. Well I had shorts on and knelt down buy her to tie the rope to her collar. I placed the rope under my left knee to secure it so she ocouldn't run off. As soon as I threw the ball, I knew I was in trouble!!!! She took off running and I ended up with a huge rope burn in my knee. Great memories.... Nicki

Lol nicki what a great memory. Ball equals god to some dogs. Keep the memories they do last forever.

nickib
03-29-2012, 02:56 PM
You are sooooo right,:lol::lol::lol::lol: thanks Vicki:wave:

ArtbyPeggy
03-29-2012, 03:23 PM
Niki I'm so sorry :(
I had to put down on of my babies in June and I know the feeling but also remember the good times and keep those memories alive. It really does dull some of the heart break!
Hugs to you!
OMGosh that rope burn must've hurt but what a great and funny memory now :)

nickib
03-29-2012, 04:10 PM
Thanks so much Peggy, and hugs to you too. And you are right that story puts a huge smile on my face every time I think of it:lol::lol: