PDA

View Full Version : guess who!

babybrush
05-04-2003, 12:01 AM
Well, i guess the real test of my portrait skills is painting a celebrity. so make a guess and i'll tell you in the morning if you are right or wrong.

clue, you BBC watchers in England (or elsewhere) have the upper hand.

worked on this off and on all day. 7X10 inches Arches

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-May-2003/11882-Darcy.jpg

Bethany

Christie
05-04-2003, 12:03 AM
I don't know what his name is, but did he not play Mr. D'Arcy in Pride and Prejudice?

Nandie
05-04-2003, 12:06 AM
Ludwig Von Beethoven!:D

lyn lynch
05-04-2003, 12:50 AM
Whoa!!!! Who cares who he is...
Geez, Bethany, this is wonderful portrait work, you are a quick learner. All he needs is a bit of wash back around where the pupil would be.
Jeesh...impressed.Great lips!
Fabulous hair...fab everything.

madmum
05-04-2003, 03:51 AM
Oh heck I know him but what's his name???? (senior moment!)

Is it Colin Farrell? He was in Bridget Jones too. Aaaaaaaaaargh!

BTW, it's FABULOUS! :clap: The colours are perfect for this sort of historical style portrait.

Ruth

flowerfields
05-04-2003, 04:03 AM
Colin Firth without a doubt!!! Could tell straight away...very good likeness!!!!! Well done!
Love the treatment around the mouth, and on the hair! Excellent!
Hey? Do I win a prize for guessing? Even though I'm in Oz...I could still tell
Mia:cat:

madmum
05-04-2003, 04:06 AM
I was close!!!!!!! It's Colin Firth!!!! Great job, Bethany!

Ruth

coffee_girl3000
05-04-2003, 05:44 AM
Colin Firth! Yeah! Do rather like him...

Excellent portrait, reminiscent of a Fookie but with more earthy colours. Also reminds me of Turner's self portrait. Very good work!

M.A.
05-04-2003, 05:49 AM
Beatiful portrait, Bethany ... HIS EYES!!! Wholy moly! Are they intense or what!?!?
:clap:

artmom
05-04-2003, 06:00 AM
You hit him dead on--especially his mouth! Colin Frith--as I live and breathe.

Lyn

painterbear
05-04-2003, 06:29 AM
Originally posted by fookie
Geez, Bethany, this is wonderful portrait work, you are a quick learner. All he needs is a bit of wash back around where the pupil would be.

Agree 100% with Fookie. Fab clothing too! You really have a flair for portraiture.

Not big on names of actors, actresses, etc. so won't hazard a guess to identity but he sure is a handsome gent the way you've painted him. :p

Nitsa
05-04-2003, 07:17 AM
This is absolutely stunning, the amount of depth you have created with watercolour is astounding.....Brilliant piece, I love everything about it and the fabric folds are excellent!

If I was to be exceptionally picky I may suggest a twinkle in his eyes, in the form of tiny highlights, but I wont!
LOL!

Bill J
05-04-2003, 08:10 AM
Yup thats him "I'll never forget old whats his name"

Bethany super job as always--btw would love to see more works by your little sisters, the 7 1/2 year olds was amazing

Little Old Lady
05-04-2003, 08:15 AM
Great portrait. Don't know the guy but a wonderful painting. I hope you are planning on going into art.
JoAnn

Uschi
05-04-2003, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by fookie

I agree with fookie, who cares who it is and it is fabulous. I think you found your niche - incredible!!!!
Uschi

babybrush
05-04-2003, 10:46 AM
YES! you guys guessed it! it is Colin Firth as Mr. Darcy. i really wanted to capture the intensity of his gaze and i guess i succeeded, eh Maryann. it is hard to paint dark eye, harder to make them look real. any way i am so glad you could tell who it was.

Nandie- i KNEW someone was going to say it was Beethoven. it's not though!

Bethany

William Reents
05-04-2003, 11:59 AM
A Beautiful Portait .

jkook
05-04-2003, 12:18 PM
Bethany, this is wonderful ! I'm not into celebrities so I have no idea who it is but...........it's a great portrait ! I would encourage you to pursue portraiture. You have the skill and keen eye it takes.
Jim

Stacy_Renee
06-02-2003, 08:36 PM
i really like the overall warm brown tone of this painting. you did a nice job on the face! the skin and expression is great. i wouldn't know who this was even if i saw a photo; but i'd say you are a talented portrait artist!

:cat:

al22
06-02-2003, 08:55 PM
Super job, Bethany............did you use some BU and Indigo in there??
...................al

laudesan
06-02-2003, 11:35 PM
He's wonderful, you made this painting look like an olde master.......
JJ

ArcticRose
06-03-2003, 12:54 AM
Most beautiful Bethany! I'm not sure I know Colin Firth...so I thought it was Turner for some reason...I'll have to see what Firth is in now to find out. :)