Dimension: 11 x 14
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
The title says it all ..

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
?

artinoils
05-04-2003, 03:08 AM
Nice light, especially the play between the left side rear and tree.
Not so sure about the central placement of the tree.
What was your goal while hanging with Vincent?

Wayne Gaudon
05-04-2003, 07:23 AM
thanks ..
Reminissing with Vincent, I began remembering that when one takes off the glasses that impose man made rules, one can see again as a child and all things are beautiful . And what brought this on. Simple answer: a child.

My granddaughter was over last weekend .. I had a painting I had ruined so I ran a big black arch over it .. she came in my studio and exclaimed .. wow grandpa .. a whale jumping .. that is beautiful ..
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-May-2003/5946-whale.jpg

.. sometimes I, and all artist, seem to think that we are making a painting on which we shall be judged by artists and we forget that we are making a painting to express some little part of ourselves .. some enjoyment that we get by a certain color or whatever ..

.. and so this painting .. nothing central about it .. it is all a big V
.. it makes no matter where I put the dancers, the painting is all about harmony and rhythm of color and shape .. the trees are V shaped .. the tree line echos the V shape .. the field carries a V shape .. everyting is V related

.. the color harmony is the music and the trees are the dancers and it's a beautiful disco colored floor upon which the dancers swirl and twirl, center stage, to the total enjoyment of the circle that lace the edges of the dance floor; they stand looking on with harmonized approval and that harmony is their silent wishing they were the ones on the dance floor, that they were the central figures .. can't you see it? When we are able to remove our blinders, there are so many moments that can capture and stimulate our senses driving our imagination and feeding our deligh, that we again can feel the freedom of a child.

Vincent says .
. Rules .. free yourself from such things that bind you.

pero lane
05-04-2003, 01:00 PM
I really like it...not sure why as I usually don't like central placement(tree), but it grabbed me & it seemed to make you want to look beyond.....memories??? Anyway great work...I really love it!:)

Gilberte
05-04-2003, 03:48 PM
Vincent indeed ... but with a Gaudon touch !

bocote
05-04-2003, 05:24 PM
I'll admit that this isn't my favorite of yours, but it is great work. There are some things that you do with your brush that have really impressed me. The way you blend the colors on the brush while applying to the canvas is credible. Vincent always kept his strokes monochromatic for the most part, but yours are much more complex. It looks simple, but I've tried it to a degree without much success.

You have a clever way of making your colors very similar in temperature (hue value) which really binds your works well.

have fun,

bocote

Wayne Gaudon
05-04-2003, 07:31 PM
pero lane .. thank you

Gilberte .. thank you .. yes, Van Gogh only in a distant cousin way .. I can only paint like me .. I'm just lucky and have a kazillion accidentals that work out :D

bocote .. :D thank you ..
.. the simplist things are usually the most difficult to achieve because we over calculate on how to achieve them

.. I cleaned up my studio today and it's so eye opening to see the difference in last years work and this years .. my color was so lame and now I've finally gotten the door open. I threw out a bag full of paintings and have kept 5 that I will call my "Save Me Please" pieces .. they have some good qualities and with a little luck I can make adjustments that will save them from the G file. Van Gogh had many different phases and some of his works you would never know were done by the same hand .. agree that he led by stroke where my stoke is leading but color is how I hope to attract attention. This piece is all about color and was a great learning block

coulter
05-04-2003, 09:44 PM
Nah, a return to the old.....kinda backsliding..... don't like it compared to other recent ones.....

Well sure, the watery wavey background just plain rules....... the foreground is so warm and wonderful yuh want to warm your hands by it.......and the tree reaches upward and outward, forever striving for morebettergreatnesstocome......

Mark

capricorne
05-05-2003, 04:31 AM
My impressions:
expressive
color harmony
I like your brushwork
A tree with a soul

regards
Jan