PDA

View Full Version : Teenage Look

Anonymous
05-03-2003, 09:25 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/05-03-2003/21287_Teenage_Look.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Teenage Look
Year Created: 2003
Medium: Watercolor
Surface: Watercolor Paper
Dimension: 11 x 14
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
This is a watercolor of my son. He is 18 years old and wasn't happy that I was taking his picture--hence the profile!

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
I would love comments and suggestions.

jerryW
05-03-2003, 10:47 PM
seeming wise beyond his years.
glad you did this.

KingCrimson
05-04-2003, 04:05 AM
Really nice,not much to add,it's all there.:clap: Keep em' comin'

louisiton
05-04-2003, 09:14 PM
This is lovely. I can't imagine being able to do a portrait in watercolour! You've done a great job.

My mom made me pose for my sister once when I was around ten and I wasn't too much happier than your son!

Atrsy
05-05-2003, 01:05 AM
Maybe you can see by the intense look on his face that he is playing his computer game and wasn't interested in me taking his picture. He did, however, like the portrait when I was finished.

I have just finished another of him in pencil. He actually posed for me to take that picture. I'll post it later, after I get the film processed.

Thanks for all the comments. If you could see him, you would realize that this looks just like him.

bocote
05-05-2003, 01:55 AM
anytime a subject matter is not cooperating I'd recommend the scrape the tongue trick. tell this person that if they dont let you get the picture you want you will, "scrape their tongue." While they are trying to figure out exactly what that is they will cooperate for a short time. The younger they are the better it works.

I really like this profile. negative space on the left is used well to really make a profile. Structurally its all good. Contrast is I'd like to see more of.

have fun,

bocote