PDA

View Full Version : finished painting garden arangement

KathyJB
05-03-2003, 08:21 PM
OK I finished this a few minutes ago had to crop some as scanner is too small to take it all in... the blue under the white daiseys is now as intense at the scanner suggests... comments?
Kathy

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-May-2003/7614-garden_flowers2.jpg

Rich Williams
05-03-2003, 08:26 PM
Kathy nice use of color,and drawing skills.
The composition needs some darks to set one flower or area off and draw the eye to it. IMHO you do not have a focal point or center of interest to draw the eye to.
By placing some darks in the painting you will draw one of the flowers out of the group to call out"LOOK at ME" and I believe improve the over all painting.

Rich

taghera
05-03-2003, 08:52 PM
Agree with Rich....but still a nice one Kathy....:)

artmom
05-03-2003, 08:58 PM
The colors are so vibrant and the painting is so well done.

IMO,however, it is cut right through the middle and it makes 2 paintings, split by the vertical lines of the pussy willow and the forsythia-looking yellow flower spray.

I agree with Rich.

Lyn

Aselka
05-03-2003, 09:48 PM
Very nice painting. I agree with previous comments about focal point. You can some flowers in the middle, or as suggested make two painting.

Aselka

hopefulbucky
05-03-2003, 10:30 PM
Kathy, I really love the light and airy feeling of this painting. What a beautiful garden! What a fantastic job!

KathyJB
05-03-2003, 11:48 PM
I thank you Rich and taghera I went for a central focal point of red flowers but not sure now i achieved it. on the last semi-WIP someone suggested a golden triangle I did give some thot to that.
Artmom interesting thought to split it down the middle,
thanks
Aselka thank you I will print it out and play with it.
hopefulbucky thank you very much for your encouragement... spring is very pretty this year and I am painting it where ever I see it....by the way nice rosebud tinyhead:)

Kathy