PDA

View Full Version : The Daily Tail 5/0/03

Wingnut
05-03-2003, 08:13 PM
Hi peeps! :D what's up?

Sorry I haven't been around much :( we're trying very hard to finally buy a farm and its been... well... it sucks. :rolleyes: I have a zillion things I want to draw and paint :( and I just can't land long enough to concentrate on it. I also desperatly want to finish Spit n' Polished sometime this year :rolleyes: I wonder just how long you can leave masking fluid on watercolor paper before it becomes permanent? :eek:

So what is everyone else been up too?

Hay Twyla, I'm so happy you found your lost paintings!!! :D

She-She
05-03-2003, 09:24 PM
Hello Wingy!! & to everyone else too.

Nice to have one of these started again, it's been a while.
I'm trying to finish up a cp piece for our local art show on the 12th. I did start a wip in the cp forum, but no updates for a while. I hope to put something up in the next few days or so.

It has been nice weather here, so the hubby & I have been out riding. The mosquitoes are starting to get bad already, so our summer is shot to hell now. Our horses have been vacinated for West Nile.

Other then that I'm not doing much....

shedreamsbig
05-04-2003, 01:09 AM
Hey Gang!!

I had no clue what this was all about till I read that sticky!! Cool!

Well, Not much new here that everyone doesn't already know....

EXCEPT......:D

I have just signed a promisary note on a BLACK AND WHITE PAINT GELDING!! Oh and did I mention He has a BLUE EYE!!!!!! YEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!! I am so excited!! I have no clue how I am to pay for him but... I will make a way!! I think he's so cute!! He's 5 years old 15 hands hes not registered but he is still way cool! He is an ex cow horse from Texas!! he has the coolest Brands on him!! "Y 51" on his shoulder and "CT" on his rump!! He has a rank attitude!! LOL But I think he is gonna be a blast!! He was runnung in the pasture stoped and turned on a dime!! He is very Athletic!! I want to do team peening with him and maybe speed events!! He has a powerful hind end!!

Well.... I just thought I'd share my good news for the day!! I will take Photos of him ASAP!! I have to bath and trim him first!! He is really dusty and faded from the hot Florida Sun!! But he is really cool!!

Christina

Leaflin
05-04-2003, 08:22 AM
Hi everyone!!!!!

I'm so glad you started this up again Wingnut.
Hope you are successful at getting your farm.

I've been under the weather for several months now and am just starting to get back into life again.

She-She, good luck with your show on the 12th!

Congratulations Christina, sounds like you have quite a catch there!

I'm taking Nick to a Pet Indentification Clinic today to get him microchiped.
The info says it is painless (tell Nick that)!
The chip is about the size of a grain of rice.

Hope everyone has a great day!!!!!

Wingnut
05-04-2003, 08:57 AM
Leaflin!!! :D :D I keep wondering where you are! You hardly ever post any more :( I hope your gettting better - we miss you! (and I still need to order a pony whistle from you :D ) Microchipping sounds like such a good idea, we've talked about it but never actually had it done yet.. is it very expensive?

Sheila, congrats and good luck on your show! We're doing spring shots on Wednesday, including West Nile :( no fun though... last year Butt-Head had a mild reaction to it and was miserable for days.

Christina, Congratulations on your new horse! :D Post photos please!!

crazeejumper
05-04-2003, 10:29 AM
Hey, everybody! Sounds like everybody is surviving pretty well. I'm still getting over the fact that Empire Maker DIDN'T win the Kentucky Derby... :(

Christina, I can't wait to see your new horse? What's his name?

Grr, I have to get my butt movin' on my CP piece I've been working on for about 3 weeks. MAYBE I'll finish it today if I don't eat or sleep for 10 hours...

shedreamsbig
05-04-2003, 10:38 AM
Hey guys,

I am going out there today to wash him and love on him for a while!! I will take photos after he gets cleaned up some this after noon!!

NAME???? well, they call him "Y~51" because of his brand on his shoulder??? He has a Major TUDE!! So I am not sure what to name him??? it is funny I always loved the problem horses!! I guess I will just have to play with a name for him... any suggestions? When I post his Pictures you may think of something... I know it will have to have something about his bad temperment in It thats for sure!! LOL

I think he was left a stallion too long! He is really Cresty and thick... Reminds me of a stallion... that my be his attitude! But he is breath taking in my opinion! The blue eye just is cool!

I hope that with some TLC and attention he will be more loving! After all he was a cow horse.... Maybe he dosn't know the love that I have to give... I think he will settle down in time... But he is quite impressive!! Reminds me of a Wild Stallion in ways!!

So start thinking of NAMES!!! Please!!

Chrisitna

Wingnut
05-04-2003, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by crazeejumper
I'm still getting over the fact that Empire Maker DIDN'T win the Kentucky Derby... :(

Whoo-Hoo! (sorry CJ :evil: ) Funny Cide was my pick! Although Empire Maker was my second choice ;) I would LOVE to see a gelding win the triple crown!!! and I'll bet the person who made the decision to geld that colt is really REALLY so not happy about now!

Hay Christina, just my 2 cents (as always :D ) Family tradition: we never re-name a horse - the old cowboys used to say its bad luck. The only way we can is if we never knew what the horse's name was before we got it. I named Sable and my daughter named Butt-Head (obviously :rolleyes: ) but we managed to avoid them telling us Brandy's name... or so we thought ;) we found it noted on her papers about half-way home. Of course, we can always nick-name them anything we want :D thats how Geronimo ended up MoMo - many horses have 2 names, a real name (usually registered) and a stable name. Brandy is Crook's Mtn. Willow (she's from the Crook's Mountain herd in Wy) Sable is Lil' Miss Attitude (if you knew her you would know why ;) ) and Butt-Head is Mr. Burnt Frosted Brownie (okay, so she was 10 when she named him :rolleyes: ) which is longer than 21 letters/spaces (the limit for most registries) but who cares? And then there are the cutsy baby names you call them... "Banny-sue", "Missy Poop", and "Meesa Bot-Bot Head" :o :o MoMo has always just been MoMo.

I love my horses :p ROFL!

Paul Hopkinson
05-04-2003, 04:04 PM
Oh well the stresses of buying another home! It can take over you life for months whilst you get it organised the way you want it.
As for the masking fluid, I left mine on a painting I started three days ago and when I took it off it also peeled some of the Watercolour paper off as well! I was should I say a little upset! Especially as I have spent about five hours on the painting already!!!!

Good to have you back,
Paul

Leaflin
05-04-2003, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Wingnut
Microchipping sounds like such a good idea, we've talked about it but never actually had it done yet.. is it very expensive?

Thanks Wingnut :)
I am having more good days than bad ones now, so that's a good thing!!!
The microchip was $25.00 and the vet donated her services for the day.
There is an additional $12.50 fee that you send to the AKC Companion Animal Recovery Program to register your number in the National Data Base.
It isn't supposed to hurt anymore than a shot.
Nick did let out a YELP as the vet had pinched him too hard when she grabbed his tough hide.
After it was inserted she scanned him to check the number and it showed up on the scanner.
It took less than a minute and will last a lifetime.
My biggest concern was that the microchip would move in time and maybe pierce a blood vessel or organ but the vet reassured me that it was safe.
I'm glad we had it done but I doubt Nick shares my view right now :)

artcrazy
05-04-2003, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by Wingnut

And then there are the cutsy baby names you call them... "Banny-sue", "Missy Poop", and "Meesa Bot-Bot Head" :o :o MoMo has always just been MoMo.

I love my horses :p ROFL!

Mine are nick named Big Dolly, Baby Dolly, Little Chicky, Big babies, mom's babies, poopyheads, poopsies, etc. :D The dogs are stinker, rats, bud, bad dogs, the boys, etc etc. :rolleyes: :D

I wonder what their nick-name is for me? :confused: wait a minute, not sure I wanna know that one!!!

I love my horses too!!!! :clap: ;)

Hey Leafy, good to have ya back! ;) :clap:

echidna
05-05-2003, 12:08 AM
wooohooo! 1st post on a daily thread- of course, im a couple days late:rolleyes: . for those who don't know me, i'm echidna, aka Sara, and i'm a first year at UC Davis in north california. i draw mostly horses, although i've been drawing more dogs and such lately. right now, i'm frustrated artistically because i sprained my wrist on thursday. not sure how, but i have enough trouble brushing my teeth left-handed, much less drawing anything:(
i have to echo cj's sentiments on funny cide winning the derby- while he's an awesome horse, i can't help but feel somewhat cheated because he is unable to pass anything on to the thoroughbred breed. it would suck if the first triple crown winner in decades was unable to reproduce!
christina- congrats on your new horsie!!! post lots of pics soon!
leaflin-dang, microchipping is more expensive where you live. at the vet's where i work, it costs $40 and we do the registration for you. kudos for doing it though. it s seriously the best way to get your pet back if they ever get lost. i recommend it for EVERYONE!! they can microchip birds and rabbits and ferrets as well as dogs and cats:D
well, enough of my deranged ramblings...for now:evil:
~Echidna

crazeejumper
05-05-2003, 02:36 PM
Hey, Sara, I was thinking the same thing about Funny Cide! I'm a little worried about what would become of him, even if he became a Triple Crown winner. If he can't be used at stud, then basically he's useless in the business, which can be so cruel... :(